Boys Brigade Parade Subjected To Vile Sectarian Abuse.

Golah veNekhar

Absolutely sir, reads to me like Young unionists...….good
Young nationalists...bad.

Shame on Golah.:mad:
No it is saying that not everything Protestant is bad, over all the Boys Brigade is a force for good (do you know that it is very popular among Thai Christians?), and similarly not all young nationalists are good, have you ever read some of the things "the loner" on here has written about the young hoods from Divis?

death or glory

FFS, apparently 1 individual was shouting and few cars blew horns.
It's sad that you find sectarian abuse like that of young children is acceptable.

bang bang

I think it more about a culture which cannot adopt itself to a changing society.
I think there's a lot in that, there is a section of the PUL community who have their heads in the sand about the way things are going. Refusing to accept what's coming and doubling down, so to speak. No Surrender!!

bang bang

Well by your own admission, the only reason you detest the boys brigade is because the PUL on this site support them.
It's a bad reflection on yourself when even Golah is calling you out on being unreasonably sectarian and bigoted.
I condemn anyone shouting sectarian abuse, particularly at children. I can't remember dog, did you unequivocally condemn the disgusting sectarianism at Holy Cross school. I genuinely can't remember, and I'm searching it out.

bang bang

I condemn anyone shouting sectarian abuse, particularly at children. I can't remember dog, did you unequivocally condemn the disgusting sectarianism at Holy Cross school. I genuinely can't remember, and I'm searching it out.
not

McTell

Twitter
No
It's sad that you find sectarian abuse like that of young children is acceptable.

It's not acceptable, but if I was organising a march I'd plan it for an area where it would be appreciated.

Its like driving with a worn tyre, it might be OK but there's an obvious decision.

death or glory

It's not acceptable, but if I was organising a march I'd plan it for an area where it would be appreciated.

Its like driving with a worn tyre, it might be OK but there's an obvious decision.
Well I dare say, the boys brigade is attached to the church that they were parading too.
You think the prod church should move because of nationalist sectarian bigotry.

McSlaggart

Well I dare say, the boys brigade is attached to the church that they were parading too.

FYI: It is still possible to use a footpath instead of the main road.

Se0samh

FYI: It is still possible to use a footpath instead of the main road.
I used to live close by...can't remember any BB parades, I do remember a certain woman sitting on a chair in the middle of the road to block a Hunger Strike Commemoration Parade...even though the organisers had already voluntarily re-routed it...

McTell

Twitter
No

No, but the island still has a lot of iggerant former "working class" areas, where you're better off not parking your bentley unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

death or glory

No, but the island still has a lot of iggerant former "working class" areas, where you're better off not parking your bentley unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
Well that is no excuse for the abuse of children.
It is a lack of respect and manners which highlights the nationalist sectarian bigotry.
All the local BB's are attached to churches and at this time of year they always have an annual enrolement service, marching to the church.

Se0samh

It is a lack of respect and manners which highlights the nationalist sectarian bigotry.
All the local BB's are attached to churches and at this time of year they always have an annual enrolement service, marching to the church.
When was the last one at this church, before this one...

McTell

Twitter
No

No it's not.

But probably also the bigots were a tiny percentage of the local population.

death or glory

No it's not.

But probably also the bigots were a tiny percentage of the local population.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

Observer B

Jeez you really are clutching at straws. 1 headcase shouting abuse does not "highlight... nationalist sectarian bigotry." It shows that no matter where you go there will always be a minority of idiots.

Furthermore, If the Boys Brigade leaders knew anything about child safeguarding, they would not put these children into a position where they could be at risk. By marching kids down a road in a mixed area of Belfast carrying a flag be it a union jack or Irish tricolor then you are practically guaranteeing that at least 1 mindless idiot is going to surface.

These Boys Brigade leaders are in breach of their duties to protect children.

Mickeymac

Jeez you really are clutching at straws. 1 headcase shouting abuse does not "highlight... nationalist sectarian bigotry." It shows that no matter where you go there will always be a minority of idiots.

Furthermore, If the Boys Brigade leaders knew anything about child safeguarding, they would not put these children into a position where they could be at risk. By marching kids down a road in a mixed area of Belfast carrying a flag be it a union jack or Irish tricolor then you are practically guaranteeing that at least 1 mindless idiot is going to surface.

These Boys Brigade leaders are in breach of their duties to protect children.

Absolutely sir and I support every word which you posted above.(y)(y)(y)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies