Bradshaw - frying pan into the fire ?

Cruimh

After 'considering her future in politics' upon failing to be picked, Bradshaw has done a Mary Lou!

Paula Bradshaw to join Alliance Party

Party Leader David Ford said that he was "very pleased to welcome Paula into the Alliance Party".
"It's great that exciting politicians like her realise that Alliance is the only genuine party of a shared future."
Question for David Ford - if she had been selected for the UUP do you think she would still have joined the APNI ? ;)

Northern Voice

I doubt she'll get many more votes as an Alliance member than as a Ulster Unionist. Uninspiring candidate.

Northern Voice

Well, she can't admit that the real reason for joining a political non-entity is because she is a political non-entity..

physicist

Question for David Ford - if she had been selected for the UUP do you think she would still have joined the APNI ? ;)
Considering the amount of money the APNI spent on Ian Parsley, who I think is staying a Tory now, a revenge stunt like this was always possible.

Obviously things have changed in the UUP a lot recently.

physicist

Well, she can't admit that the real reason for joining a political non-entity is because she is a political non-entity..
Well it'd be interesting to see if Paula Bradshaw will challenge for an MLA position, she won't be up against Lo in South Belfast, realisitically there's only one place the Alliance can win another seat in 2011 and that's East Belfast, so she'd probably be there or in some place West of the Bann or Northwest Belfast where she has no hope. That is unless she takes over from one of the current Alliance MLA's.

Purplestar

I think the ulster unionists didnt do themselves any favours by not giving her a chance at the next election. I know she worked hard in her community and had a lot of respect from locals. The UUP have a habit of throwing business men and the like in to run even know they have little connection to the people in working class areas.

DerryBee

I know that Bradshaw is regarded as a strong constituency worker, but to be honest during the general election campaign I found her interviews quite unimpressive, as though she was out of her depth and I did not particularly view her as a strong candidate.

Just Jack

I remember being quite impressed with her during the Westminster campaign.

DerryBee

I remember being quite impressed with her during the Westminster campaign.
Perhaps I am being slightly harsh, but I do recall thinking that she was slightly out of her depth during a round table discussion with other politicians on the Politics Show at Queen’s University during the Westminster campaign. In saying that however, I do wish her luck: she seems to be a very decent person and people do think very highly of her talents.

Antrim

Well, no.

However, it has to be taken in context. She was very liberal for a Unionist. The UUP has taken a line of going more to the right so considering she is more in the centre it seems like a natural choice.

It is also good news and publicity for the alliance party. My only hope now is that Ian Parsley will re-join the alliance party.

Scipio

Get her and Martina Anderson on the same ticket and Cruimh might even vote SF.

physicist

It's going to be an interesting election. Ructions within the UUP and the SDLP.
What like losing Jim Allister or Gerry McHugh did to the incumbent top two?

Bradshaw wasn't needed by the UUP, and the SDLP will just bring Ramsey back.

vinoboy

why a thread about somebody who has proved nothing about being a politician , stood for election , not elected .Seems reasonable person but hardly a major political player -wake me up when she does something worthy of comment.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies