Breaking - James Brokenshire has resigned

General Urko

hollandia

James Brokenshire Resigns prior to Cabinet Reshuffle

Press Association
✔
@PA
Replying to @PA

#Breaking A source close to outgoing Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire says he is set to undergo major surgery within the next few weeks for a lesion to his right lung
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/jan/08/cabinet-reshuffle-theresa-may-tory-government-pm-to-start-shifting-ministers-politics-live

Seems Mr Brokenshire is actually very unwell. Politics aside, I wish him a speedy recovery.

So, P.ie NI forum bods... who's next?

ETA - I see someone beat me to it - can a helpful mod please merge?

Last edited:

GDPR

He was terrible at the job- but who is going to replace him? That will be very interesting.

hollandia

People watching the reshuffle, stats...

For example:

Tom Easton
Tom Easton

@TomEaston

BREAKING: May's #cabinetreshuffle. New roles announced: Equality - Toby Young Media - Steve Bannon Education - Joey Essex Race Relations - Hitler Sport - The England Cricket team Ireland - Oliver Cromwell Brexit - Frank Spencer No Brexit - Mr Bean Health - Jeremy Hunt

1:03 AM - 8 Jan 2018

theloner

He was terrible at the job- but who is going to replace him? That will be very interesting.
No shortage of blow up dolls floating around Westminster to do the trick.

AhNowStop

The worst possible replacement I can think of is Michael Gove .. what an odious & “bigoted” little creep he is :roll:

Mind you, I wouldn’t put it past them ...

As for Brokenshire, he was a truly useless SOS but I wish him all the best in his operation & hopeful recovery ..

former wesleyan

GDPR

But it would be funny.
Oh it would be hilarious, I can just imagine him giving a speech to the Commons on the amazing contribution Glasgow Rangers FC have made to Ulster Civilization as he announces plans for a massive sculpture of Broxi the Bear over looking Derry which would be similar that huge statue of Jesus they have in Rio de Janeiro.

theloner

do you think so , really , sad even by sicko standards
Why not go the full hog? Sure the place is a complete laughing stock on anyway, one of Our Wee C*ntry's MP creating a massive political scandal in a place where no politics officially takes place, by running about a supermarket with a loaf of bread on his head. Then after a lot of genuine outage as well as faux outrage (fox anger to our loyal posters) apologies were demanded then after being received were rejected by said requesters.

So, why the fu*k not have Fleggory Campbell, who will have the opportunity to deliver his very own 'loaf on the head' standup to the Bratish mainland. Maybe Willie can dress up as Hamza again and Wee Jamie can tag along as Bon Provie like before. While we are at it let's get Paul Maskey to be our very own Sean Spicer and Nelson's Column to stand dick at the door in his kilt handing out leaflets telling Londoners the earth was created by God over six 24 hour days sometime between the last 5,700 and 10,000 years and the dinosaurs were too gay to be in the bible.

HereWeGoAgain

Jack Maidment

Verified account

@jrmaidment
1h1 hour ago

After one hour of fury all we know for sure about the #cabinetreshuffle is:
1. James Brokenshire has resigned
2. Sir Patrick McLoughlin is thought to have resigned
3. Brandon Lewis and James Cleverly spotted going into Number 10
4. That's it
https://twitter.com/jrmaidment

New Threads