Breaking: Michael D confirms his intention to run for a second term

statsman

I'm just seeing this on the grapevine. No link yet.

[Edit] Link:

http://www.thejournal.ie/michael-d-second-term-2-4107894-Jul2018/

“President Michael D. Higgins wishes to confirm that he will be offering himself as an independent candidate, under Article 12.4.4 of Bunreacht Na hÉireann, when the Ministerial Order for a Presidential Election is made later in the year.

“The Government has been informed of this decision.

“The President’s programme of official duties and engagements continues.”

Socratus O' Pericles

Terrific News... met him at a Sam Amidon gig in Vicar Street, you couldn't say that about Trump.petunia

General Urko

7 more years of pigging @ the trough!
As far as I'm concerned, he made a sacred arrangement with The Irish People that he would only do 1 terrm!
End Of!:mad:

statsman

7 more years of pigging @ the trough!
As far as I'm concerned, he made a sacred arrangement with The Irish People that he would only do 1 terrm!
End Of!:mad:
Well, vote against him.

BTW, you do realise that by talking about a 'sacred arrangement' in this context you come across as a bit, well, deranged?

President Bartlet

If credible, sensible and qualified candidates were being discussed as his replacement I would agree but the non entities being mentioned are not fit to be president - no thanks - better off with President Higgins

General Urko

Excellent news - a fine President - gets my vote if there is an election
Sure what's to this job?

Turning up at events, shaking a few paws, giving a few waves and eating big feeds, traveling all over the world for nothing and living in a big house for nothing!

Meanwhile, your bank balance grows enormously and you are chalking up unbelievable pension entitlements!

eoghanacht

Can we offer it to the Croat who breaks Englischers hearts?

General Urko

Well, vote against him.

BTW, you do realise that by talking about a 'sacred arrangement' in this context you come across as a bit, well, deranged?
No, I don't, he made this promise to us and I'm holding him to it re not voting for him!

eoghanacht

Sure what's to this job?li

Turning up at events, shaking a few paws, giving a few waves and eating big feeds, traveling all over for nothing and ving in a big house for nothing!

Meanwhile, your bank balance grows enormously and you are chalking up unbelievable pension entitlements!
And all that would change by his replacement?

It would, yeah!

By all means get rid of the office.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies