Breaking - NAMA to appoint Receiver to McNamara company

DCon

This was just covered on Newstalk.

The Independent covered talks that were "in danger" of breaking down. It appears that they have.

A FLAGSHIP company owned by developer Bernard McNamara is facing liquidation as he desperately fends off efforts by NAMA to appoint a receiver over the construction company founded by his father and several of his key personal investments.

The Irish Independent -- which yesterday revealed that the Clare-born builder is in last minute negotiations with NAMA to avoid the "imminent" appointment of a receiver to construction firm Michael McNamara and Co -- has learned that a major international insurance company will ask the High Court to wind up Mr McNamara's Radora Developments Ltd.

Last night, high-level talks between NAMA and Mr McNamara, who has admitted that he has overall debts of €1.5bn, were continuing.

It is understood that Farrell Grant Sparks, the accountancy and financial advisory firm, is on standby to act as receiver for NAMA if the talks break down.
McNamara in crunch talks with NAMA over liquidation threat - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Social Conscience

My heart is bleeding for another of the FF bandwagon - I'm sure he will still come out above the breadline. If not Bertie can give him a few quid from his 'closet' safe.

cozzy121

Good. They need to know the price of having the likes of bertie as leader

Grumpy Jack

My heart is bleeding for another of the FF bandwagon - I'm sure he will still come out above the breadline. If not Bertie can give him a few quid from his 'closet' safe.
Wil your heart also bleed for all the men and women who will lose their jobs with the collapse of all his companies?

stanley

Wil your heart also bleed for all the men and women who will lose their jobs with the collapse of all his companies?

If the business is not viable then the jobs are not viable, how the situation came about becomes irrelevant but McNamara has to be chased down for every cent and every transfer of an asset he has done to protect his fat arse from this situation.

This will not be good for his golf handicap but it is a small sacrifice in the scheme of things, he is inbred FF and a major insider for every contract going from the FF Govt of the last 20 years.

Clanrickard

He also gave extensively to charity I have heard. Simple minded types prefer cartoon caricatures of developers.

Gryire

Think he was alot closer to the current incumbent !!!!!!

stanley

He also gave extensively to charity I have heard. Simple minded types prefer cartoon caricatures of developers.

They all did nice PR cover, Jonny Ronan had to be told by Nama to stop giving monies away which were not his personally.

hammer

It was inevitable.

Of course people feel sorry for the workers.

If they have viable contracts the company will be bought for a pittance, maybe by a person with a connection to the company and employment retained.

Life does go on.

Course it won't because the morons on here have sheer glee when people lose their jobs and then complain about unemployment.

Dman

If the business is not viable then the jobs are not viable, how the situation came about becomes irrelevant but McNamara has to be chased down for every cent and every transfer of an asset he has done to protect his fat arse from this situation.

This will not be good for his golf handicap but it is a small sacrifice in the scheme of things, he is inbred FF and a major insider for every contract going from the FF Govt of the last 20 years.

Also the taxpayer helped out McNamara recently via HSE Funds to tide the Company over hoping it would survive

White Rose

The quicker these bankrupt businesses are put out of their misery, the quicker will be the recovery

We can't keep crying for the couple of hundred workers when tens of thousands of future jobs are at stake

new politics

This is natures way im afraid. Its like when a forest of big trees which take all of the sunlight leaving scraps for the little flowers beneath is set on fire and leveling the playing field. Now those little flowers and trees can have their oppertunity to grow and step out of the big boys shadows.
Big companies, like empires, fall all the time and new ones rise up from their ashes.

controller

Maybe it won't happen, sure isn't NAMA a bailout for developers.
...We'll see if Bernard himself hits the breadline, or is that just for the peasants

mmrebel

Hard to feel sorry for former 2 term Fianna Fail County Councillor Bernard McNamara & property developer who owes at least 1.5 billion to the banks and is being bailed out by the tax payer

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies