Breaking news: 4 former FF councillors appearing in court for corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiestablishmentarian

Four former Fianna Fáil Dublin County Councillors have appeared at Dublin District Court on corruption charges.
Don Lydon, Sean Gilbride, Colm Mcgrath and Tony Fox faces charges of receiving money in relation to land rezoning.
Mr Lydon, 72, is charged with receiving money corruptly in 1992.
Mr Fox faces five charges of receiving money corruptly in 1992 and 1997.
All four have been granted bail.
The court was told that Mr Gilbride was arrested in Skerries this morning and charged. In reply to the charge he said 'not guilty'.
When charged today Mr McGrath replied 'definitely reject that charge'.
Mr Lydon replied 'not guilty'.
When arrested today at Harcourt terrace Garda station Mr Fox replied 'not guilty'.
Former councillors charged with corruption - RT News

Interesting. I wonder if this has what relation this has (if any) to the ongoing tribunal investigations.

gijoe

Four former FF Dublin Cllrs charged with Corruption

Don Lydon, Tony Fox, Sean Gilbride and Colm McGrath have all been charged with receiving money in relation to land rezoning. This news is just breaking.

Watcher2

I assume you mean they have been arrested for said offences and are in the clinker right now pending bail.

controller

Four former councillors have today appeared at the Dublin District Court on corruption charges.
Tony Fox, Colm McGrath, Sean Gilbride, and Don Lyon, also a former senator, were in court this afternoon. All four men are pleading not guilty to the charges, the court, under Judge David McHugh, was told.
Mr Gilbride was arrested in Skerries, Co Dublin, at 2.47pm and was taken to Bridewell Garda station.
When charged, he replied not guilty, the court heard. No objection was made to bail, and he was remanded to appear at the district court next Thursday on his bond of €1,000.
The other three men were arrested by appointment at Harcourt Garda station. When charged, Mr McGrath said: "I vehemently reject the charge".
They were also remanded during the hearing to next Thursday on bonds of €1,000 each.

We'll see.....should I hold my breath

Four ex-councillors in court on corruption charges - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 22, 2010

splashy

Get a few mid-level men to turn state's evidence and peach on the big boys -that's how you it; at least when you have a justice system interested in justice. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

gijoe

It would be a shame if the course of justice and the independence of the courts were to be disrupted by anything written here about these presumably innocent gentlemen.

Right, Mods?
Hark, is that the voice of FF HQ I hear?

blinding

It can be no surprise that an institutionally corrupt (edit, how did I leave corrupt out) party has some of its members charged with corruption.

The surprise is that so few are charged with corruption.

This filthy fianna fail party are a stain on the Irish people and the country. They are worse than the british ever were and there is a necessity to remove these criminals from positions of power in Ireland. If it cannot be done democratically it may have to be done through the barrel of a gun.

Last edited:

The Dude

It would be a shame if the course of justice and the independence of the courts were to be disrupted by anything written here about these presumably innocent gentlemen.

Right, Mods?
Was about to post something similar. Let's not jump to any conclusions and allow the courts to do its thing.

Anorakphobia

Ah the good old days. There will be a few tears of nostalgia shed in Fagans tonight reminising over when corruption was a few k in brown envelopes over pints instead of multi billion theft of taxpayers money paid directly to your friends.
Simple times and sure weren't we all happy.

Maybe Bertie could relaunch himself on a "At least I never robbed billions" ticket.
You never know, there is probably a segment of the population still dense enough to swallow it.

Goldencircle

Don't worry, I think the FF before the name gives it away.

FakeViking

Hark, is that the voice of FF HQ I hear?
Look, Harney kept CJH out of the slammer, her reward has been a senior Ministership for as long as she needs it. These clowns will pull any stunt to prevent a trial, we need to be careful!

gijoe

Jim Kennedy is presently in Court being charged with 16 counts of Corruption.

Aindriu

It can be no surprise that an institutionally party has some of its members charged with corruption.

The surprise is that so few are charged with corruption.

This filthy fianna fail party are a stain on the Irish people and the country. They are worse than the british ever were and there is a necessity to remove these criminals from positions of power in Ireland. If it cannot be done democratically it may have to be done through the barrel of a gun.
Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies