*Breaking News* "Attack" in Louth. Man killed. Others injured.

ruserious

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/one-dead-others-injured-in-attack-in-louth-36455136.html#click=https://t.co/MFeNBWcWgA

Gardaí on scene in "live operation" according to the journal. Reports that one man arrested.

Reports that one killed and two seriously injured. Wtf.

In a statement, a Garda spokesperson said: "Gardai are investigating a stabbing incident in Dundalk Co Louth shortly before 9am this morning, 3rd January 2018.
- Man being held in Dundalk. No news yet as for the motive.

Last edited:

The_SR

Why is attack on inverted commas?

ruserious

Why is attack on inverted commas?
Quotation marks was the intent.

Anyway RTÉ reporting that a Middle Eastern man carried out the attack. Believed that a Japanese man has died.

silverharp

it looks like a suburban area, I assume some kind of domestic or people known to each other

JamieD

Ugh. Fair play to the Gardai who confronted him. Awful about the man and other two victims.

ruserious

Very early to make that call.
RTÉ reporting a MiddleEastern man stabbed to death a Japanese man in the street and then went on to stab at least two others on the same road.

That would suggest random attack to me.

darkhorse

RTÉ reporting a MiddleEastern man stabbed to death a Japanese man in the street and then went on to stab at least two others on the same road.

That would suggest random attack to me.
Was he on a Jihadi attack?

ruserious

That'll be for the Gardaí to work on. Could be many reasons. Let's await and see if IS claim responsibility. But then again, they would claim responsibility for a school yard fight.

The Nal

Reminds me of that joke about the middle eastern man dropping papers in Dublin airport and someone handing them back to him.

"Oh thanks they're really important. For helping me Ill tell you something, don't be in Dundalk on August 1st"

"Why is there going to be a terrorist attack?"

"No, its just that Dundalk is a sh1thole".

darkhorse

That'll be for the Gardaí to work on. Could be many reasons. Let's await and see if IS claim responsibility. But then again, they would claim responsibility for a school yard fight.

True but random deadly knife attacks like this are rare outside fundamentalist Islamic circles

che schifo

And we are off....
It's not all that surprising that people jump to that conclusion given the suggestion that the attacks appear to be random and the attacker middle eastern.

The_SR

What's more likely?

New Years house party in Dundalk descends into violence.

Or

ISIS attack Ireland and it's operative targets suburban Dundalk at 9am on a Wednesday.

The_SR

It's not all that surprising that people jump to that conclusion given the suggestion that the attacks appear to be random and the attacker middle eastern.
Why do they appear to be random?

People are stroking their cocks hoping it's jihadi.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies