Breaking: Terror strikes Germany again. Explosion in the town of Ansbach

DarkCloud

Twitter
Not on twitter.
Merkel asked nobody to come per se.
Course she didn't.

By Telegraph View

6:15AM GMT 15 Mar 2016

A year ago, Angela Merkel was indisputably Europe’s most powerful politician, by dint both of her longevity as Germany’s Chancellor and the strength of her country’s economy. Her writ ran far beyond Germany’s borders: in order to get anything serious done in the EU, Mrs Merkel needed to be on board.

Yet with one fateful decision she risked both her position and her reputation.

Her invitation to refugees and immigrants to come to Germany last summer has arguably undermined her own government and damaged the cohesion of the EU, perhaps terminally.

flavirostris

Merkel's stubborn refusal to change course despite overwhelming evidence of a wrong turn reminds me of another German leader. Loathe to invoke Godwin but you know who I mean.

Surkov

Amazing that Merkel didn't bother to visit the site of any of the attacks -in fact she refused to even cancel her holiday.

I would imagine that if a single attack against refugees were to happen she would IMMEDIATELY cancel her holiday and make visiting the site of the attack a major priority.

At least the French President visited Nice, and also the town where the elderly Catholic priest was slaughtered. Hollande met with the town's mayor.

IS Merkel's apparent apathy part of some political strategy, or has a screw simply come loose?

asset test

The German people like Merkel. Or maybe it's a TINA thing going on over there.

Until they decide they don't want her anymore, all the ranting and raving about her is for nought.

She is the boss. And runs EU with a vice grip too, although nobody elected her to run the EU either.

Brexit isn't even on the front page with her.

I'm baffled quite frankly. But that doesn't take much these days.

T

Thomas_IV

Amazing that Merkel didn't bother to visit the site of any of the attacks -in fact she refused to even cancel her holiday.

I would imagine that if a single attack against refugees were to happen she would IMMEDIATELY cancel her holiday and make visiting the site of the attack a major priority.

At least the French President visited Nice, and also the town where the elderly Catholic priest was slaughtered. Hollande met with the town's mayor.

IS Merkel's apparent apathy part of some political strategy, or has a screw simply come loose?
This women has just proved that she doesn´t cares about her own people (the foreign nationals with Long residence included) and frankly, this Absence of her didn´t go down well on many people in Germany (as I´ve observed by comments on the German media) and you don´t have to be a sympathiser of the AfD to recognise that, it´s just a shame on her part and a blunt shown disinterest which should cost her a great deal of "sympathies" among the electorate. She´s caught in some sort of a bunker mentality which is good enough to bring about her own downfall.

I wasn´t surprised that she did nothing, was wondering a short time where she is and when she will act, but rather anticipated that she´ll do as if this is of no concern to her. Having her "servants" to do the job instead but I think that this lack of interest she´s shown won´t be forgotten that soon.

Real leadership as Chancellor looks different and the best positive example for that was the way the late former Chancellor Helmut Schmidt was ruling in the years when he was Chancellor and Germany then faced domestic terrorism by the Red Army Faction. Sadly enough, we don´t have such good and strong characters among our present politicians anymore.

Rafael Rose

Indeed. Things have been going downhill in that department since 1945 ... petunia
It's not the first time a crazy little German has brought war to Europe, happy taharrush gamea everyone!!

DarkCloud

Twitter
Not on twitter.
A lot of 'feminists' tried that one as well. Basically pretending that Western men were no better in terms of their behaviour towards women.

Somebody would have to be mentally retarded to think that organised mass sexual harrassment, involving men forming a circle of hell around female victims is morally equivalent to the high jinks that go on in town centres at the weekend.

Cooper was basically trivialising the complete horror of organised Taharrush that is commonplace in countries like Egypt.
Especially after what happened to a fellow journalist, Lara Logan, ya think he'd be on the other side of the debate.

DarkCloud

Twitter
Not on twitter.
you don't have to go to Turkey at all, at all, to find rapists.
wasn't there a guy in court in Dublin last week for raping a woman,
attacking her with a hammer,
he had also murdered a woman in Thailand.

& the bad news for you, Kershaw -

the guy wasn't a "Muzzie", at all, at all.
Well, you make a good point, and, that being said, I'm sure you will agree that we don't need to import rapists, when we already have rapists in the country.

Trampas

Well, you make a good point, and, that being said, I'm sure you will agree that we don't need to import rapists, when we already have rapists in the country.

The daft bint who calls herself Cynicist thinks otherwise. She reckons that as we already have rapists here we shouldn't be objecting to boatloads of the bustards.

Kershaw

Germany 'was warned about Ansbach suicide bomber'

Germany was warned in advance that a Syrian who blew himself up last month might carry out a "spectacular" suicide attempt if it tried to deport him, BBC Newsnight has learned.

A 25-page psychological assessment written more than a year before mentioned his "extreme spirit".

It was sent to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees.

It warned that attempts to deport Mr Daleel could result in a "spectacular" suicide attempt.

Ten days before the attack, Mr Daleel had received notice from the German authorities that he was to be deported to Bulgaria.

Germany 'was warned about Ansbach suicide bomber' - BBC News

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies