Breed like Rabbits and reverse population decline, Poles urged - should we do the same here?

Ruff says Flaherty

We need to encourage educated, working people to have more kids. Educate others not to have so many. It seems those relaying on the state are having considerably more

popular1

Loads of Poles are having kids, but they aren't doing it in Poland!

They need to find a way to encourage more Polish people to remain in Poland as it's the younger ones who are leaving and then settling down and setting up families here.

Perhaps they could give them some sort of incentive to return?
One reason they are here and one reason only , easier money than in Poland .
Make it better in Poland and they would be there

razorblade

Of course all those millions of Poles slaughtered by the Nazis have a lot to do with its current state, whole generations were wiped out who would have gone on to have children and grandchildren but were murdered during the Nazis brutal assault on the country, otherwise the population could be in and about 60 million today, instead of barely half that figure.

popular1

Of course all those millions of Poles slaughtered by the Nazis have a lot to do with its current state, whole generations were wiped out who would have gone on to have children and grandchildren but were murdered during the Nazis brutal assault on the country, otherwise the population could be in and about 60 million today, instead of barely half that figure.
Is it not 40 million population fir Poland,

popular1

We need to encourage educated, working people to have more kids. Educate others not to have so many. It seems those relaying on the state are having considerably more
This

I was thinking about that and when you think about it those on the dole all their life seem to have a better family network around them because they never really have to leave home to get work and so more if the family are around , maybe that a better model for families than running round the worl for opportunities to make your self materially better off . Only problem is everybody else has to pay for it by working

Mick Mac

At least half the people I know who have 1 or 2 kids want a second or third child but have run into the following problems:

Leaving it too late,
Difficult birth made it medically impossible,
Low hormone levels requiring medical support
Can't balance need to have 2 jobs and to serve 'the man' with an extra kid
Can't afford the child care

There are likely other issues.

If Poland tackles alll of those issues they will see a boost in birth rate.

If they go the neo liberal way then they won't change anything and will rely on outsourcing to out it in neo liberal terms.

ionsniffer

More kids educated to leave and come to the likes of Ireland.
It's expensive and tough bringing up kids in alPoland. One colleague of mine said he'd never dream of having the three kids he now has in Poland.
The support they get here makes it easier for them

Ruff says Flaherty

This

I was thinking about that and when you think about it those on the dole all their life seem to have a better family network around them because they never really have to leave home to get work and so more if the family are around , maybe that a better model for families than running round the worl for opportunities to make your self materially better off . Only problem is everybody else has to pay for it by working
Ya, nail on the head

*EPIC SUCCESS*

At my age I believe my DNA would not be the best.

Probably news to some people, but men shouldn't really be having children past their 40's - just because you can doesn't mean you should.

When I think of the likes Trump, Rupert Murdoch and our very own PJ Mara - clowns each and every one. ''Look at me, I still got it' - at the expense of their kids ever having a real relationship with their fathers. Sure Mara is dead now and his 4 year old child will never really know him. According to his wiki entry, his father died when he was young so you would think he would have some sort of a clue, but then this was the man who aided and abetted Haughey in his crimes so I would expect little but self serving egotism from a man like him.

FFS

Eoin Coir

maybe if conditions were right for those who go to work & earn a decent living, more children might be possible. Those on welfare breed like rabbits.

Analyzer

Upper Chamber

If Irish society wants to increase the birthrate then increasing the supply of childcare is a must in order to lower the cost. Zap's throw subsidies at it only supports the high price.

It also needs a cultural change to teach young Irish women that you cannot simply fall out a nightclub every night until the eve of your 35th birthday whereupon you meet Prince Charming and have 2.4 perfects babies. Eastern European women have their babies noticeably earlier in life.

The posts before mine may be harsh and crude but there is an unfortunate truth to them. A lot of not very responsible people popping out babies and a lot of very caring, decent ones who suffer the pain of sub fertility.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

maybe if conditions were right for those who go to work & earn a decent living, more children might be possible. Those on welfare breed like rabbits.
Sure Leo is on a mission to make this so.

I get up early in the morning, usually before 6AM - I know the windfall for my nontardiness is just around the corner. Sure didn't he hire an entire team to tell us how?

stopdoingstuff

Well I would but according to the gay father/murderer thread I'm constitutionally unsuitable as I'd see them as a handbag accessory or something.
Wait until genetics develops a bit more and you can co-ordinate eye color etc with what you are wearing.

eoghanacht

Have you figures to back up that claim?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies