Brexit ............... A nasty fight looms

This is likely to become a very nasty fight fought through media and other avenues.
Witness the media briefings over the last week following Junckers dinner with May in London.

It appears GCHQ in UK has been ordered to target each and every Govt and negotiator involved in Brexit to ensure UK is full aware of their plans before meetings or dicussions take place.

Everything is to be targetted, background checks, financial information, personal life of people, their family and contacts are all being deemed fair game with email / electronic communication being one of the key areas.

UK seems to be leaning on US to provide anything they have as well that has not being already shared.

This is going to get nasty and would forecast Uk Media will be pushing a boycott of EU goods before UK actually leaves, sadly this is likely to go too far but media will absolve them selves of responsibility.

Strawberry

This is likely to become a very nasty fight fought through media and other avenues.
Witness the media briefings over the last week following Junckers dinner with May in London.

It appears GCHQ in UK has been ordered to target each and every Govt and negotiator involved in Brexit to ensure UK is full aware of their plans before meetings or dicussions take place.

Everything is to be targetted, background checks, financial information, personal life of people, their family and contacts are all being deemed fair game with email / electronic communication being one of the key areas.

UK seems to be leaning on US to provide anything they have as well that has not being already shared.

This is going to get nasty and would forecast Uk Media will be pushing a boycott of EU goods before UK actually leaves, sadly this is likely to go too far but media will absolve them selves of responsibility.
Maybe it was GCHQ that hacked Macron's e mails.

PBP voter

The EU have exposed themselves for the bullies they are.

Also "I wont speak" English from the clown was like something out a playground.

Don't these ************************wits in the EU realize that people futures are at stake? Easy for them in their bubble I suppose.

ger12

Don't these ************************wits in the EU realize that people futures are at stake? Easy for them in their bubble I suppose.
I disagree.

Why would English continue to be the dominant language where Ireland is the only EU member state where it's spoken. Makes sense to me for the EU to move away from English.

As for bully behavior, the Brits are superb at that, and the E.U. much more civilized in this respect.

Congalltee

GCHQ don't need surveillance. The process will be very transparent as shown by the Downing Street dinner disaster. 27 governments and national parliaments, the Commission and European "parliament" have to be involved.

The real negotiations is not between EU27 and the UK, but what deal the former can agree on that can be put to the UK as a take it or leave it. May's mandate is only relevant to getting her own party to agree a punishing deal or back her in braving it out after no deal (which is now a likely option).

WTO trade deal won't be that difficult, as the UK and EU27 have the same product and trading standards at the point of negotiations. The Brits don't care about the North and passports at UK ports and mainland from ROI and NI, is no biggie. 3m Europeans in UK can stay, if they have a job which no UK national can do (i.e. polish brickies, and Romanian cleaners may be spared). The 1m Brits in EU countries just have to take up dual nationality. Stiff upper lip and get on with it.

Northsideman

Let me think, in this scrap who do I think will come out on top, the combined and uttererly united redoubtable fighting forces of France, Italy and Germany or the Brits?

The Brits all day long, next thread!

Last edited:

rainmaker

Administrator

Utterly stupid OP which is why you haven't included a single credible link to support your bizarre theories - zoo.

rainmaker

Administrator
Maybe it was GCHQ that hacked Macron's e mails.
I wouldn't indulge this nonsense. If French E mails have been hacked I would suggest other, more interested parties with a recent track record would make more fitting suspects.

Strawberry

I wouldn't indulge this nonsense. If French E mails have been hacked I would suggest other, more interested parties with a recent track record would make more fitting suspects.
I was only joking. If you look in the thread about the hack you'll see I also suggested Enda Kenny as the culprit, I wasn't serious there either. Its probably the Russians just like it always is.

Mushroom

Why would English continue to be the dominant language where Ireland is the only EU member state where it's spoken. Makes sense to me for the EU to move away from English.

Are you familiar with the concept of a lingua franca, ger?

If not then why not look it up. That way, you'll know more - whatever about understanding more - than you did before you started!

ger12

If not then why not look it up. That way, you'll know more - whatever about understanding more - than you did before you started!
Why should we expect all English speakers to have just that one language (lazy articles) while those whose mother tongue isn't English can usually converse in another language?

between the bridges

Wee...

Herr Rommel

When it comes to bullying the English are the experts thanks to their empire building and how they looked after the natives in the lands they robbed from them.

The people of England are in for a nasty shock when they realise that Europe is stronger without them.

asset test

It is a dance. I stepped in and she stepped out again.

My name is Junker and you better watch me, my name is Theresa and I am a very difficult woman.

It will all end well and amicably. Has to. No one will get everything they want, but it will be fine.

Lots of drama in between though whilst each side rattles their sabiers. I groan at the fact that people/media are egging this kind of bullsh!t on. But it has to be done.

Mushroom

Why should we expect all English speakers to have just that one language (lazy articles) while those whose mother tongue isn't English can usually converse in another language?
That's what your research into the purpose of a lingua franca would have clarified for you, if you had taken the time to do any!

But hey! it's far easier to post a bit more slack-jawed bull than to do a bit of research, isn't it?

LISTOWEL MAN

i always reckoned brexit was foolish

it is basically telling your neighbours to F off

you don't get anywhere alone

Mad as Fish

Trade and war. On the continent more people were likely to come across 'foreigners' as there wasn't that 22 miles of seawater cutting countries off, and for the very same reason you were more likely to be invaded on a fairly frequent basis over the centuries. Latin was once the universal language of Europeans but was confined to the learned few and its use was thanks to the Church. English is becoming a universal language nowadays thanks to America. If the US spoke French we'd all have a grasp of it as a second language.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies