BREXIT difficulties = Ireland's opportumity

statsman

riverboat commuter service not up and running yet ? :lol:
The Galway motorway is fine to the Roscommon border; thereafter it's a case of 'here be dragons'. ;)

Ireniall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...ers-530m-investment-in-airbus-as-a380-produc/

Just give €500,000 of Irish taxpayers' money to each of 1,200 lucky Corkonians and be done with it.
However, the huge success of the single-aisle A320 jet means Britain has received back more than it invested in jet.One industry source said: “Overall, RLI has been a very good deal for the UK Exchequer, which has received twice as much from Airbus as has invested.”
From your own link. Airbus is another huge European success story which the UK has decided it doesn't need.

Tribal

I did. But reunification is a far off dream my friend. So I didn't even countenance it.
I used to think that, it was generations away but the ground is shifting rapidly.

Who would have thought you'd the head of the PSNI and son of an IRA bombing victim take over An Garda Siochana today?

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are years when decades happen.

Watcher2

I used to think that, it was generations away but the ground is shifting rapidly.

Who would have thought you'd the head of the PSNI and son of an IRA bombing victim take over An Garda Siochana today?

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are years when decades happen.
Meh, any of us can be proven wrong about events in the future. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Time shall be the ultimate arbiter.

Watcher2

I didn't even think Brexit would happen. I still think there is an outside chance it wont - another referendum, some old parliamentary power not used in donkeys giving them power to say "Brexit is not in our best interests. We wont do it" or something. Its incredible what's happening. But look at Trump!!!

The world has gone mad.

Tribal

I didn't even think Brexit would happen. I still think there is an outside chance it wont - another referendum, some old parliamentary power not used in donkeys giving them power to say "Brexit is not in our best interests. We wont do it" or something. Its incredible what's happening. But look at Trump!!!

The world has gone mad.
It is mad but it has to happen, both for the EU and the UKs sake.

Pabilito

Ireland’s objective needs to stay focused on just surviving Brexit.. after we’ve achieved that we can then focus on feasting on the British carcass.

Barroso

Heavy manufacturing, of cars say would be a nice boost for say the midlands. However the bulky nature of the product + Ireland's remote location will make it a hard sell.
Is Ireland more remote than Japan and Korea, do you think?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom