Brexit: do we really want closer association with Northern Irish as part of the Brexit solutuon ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Northern Ireland had an ugly sectarian conflict ...many died

It was papered over - and the henchmen allowed to stay/ascend into power

There are way too many bigots of all hues there
2014 - Racism in Northern Ireland: 'They called our children monkeys' - the Guardian
2014 - The complex rise in Northern Ireland racist hate crime - BBC News
2015 - Belfast racist hate crime figures up 43% - BBC News
2016 - Ethnic minorities in NI warn of rise in racist abuse since Leave vote

If they end up with a closer association with the EU than the mainland UK ...then that means a de facto closer association with us

North must seek post-Brexit EU status - Martin McGuinness
Northern Ireland should push the EU to grant it associate or even membership status to avoid the devastating consequences of Brexit for Irish people, Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has said.
I do not want them...perhaps Scotland might take them ?

cyp

Ex celt

NI can profit from brexit at the expense of Eire particularly as sterling goes through the floor. It is a low cost sectarian economy that could be used as an entrepôt into the UK just as Eire has been over the last few years.

Truth.ie

This is what SF were saying about the EU before the referendum .

"We are critical of the EU because of the democratic deficit"
Gerry Adams February 2016.

"The economic and fiscal policies of the EU had had a catastrophic effect on many of its citizens".
Liadh ni Riada Sinn Fein MEP.

"The Greek people have an opportunity to send a clear message to the right wing elites of Europe......and the anti-democratic actions of the ECB, the IMF and European Commision."
Martina Anderson. July 2015.

"The EU means lower wages, more military spending and crushes family farms."
Mary Lou Mc Donald. September 2009.

SideysGhost

Isn't there an underage muslim goat-cyborg somewhere you could be having anal sex with, instead of endlessly subjecting this forum to your diseased ravings?

Catalpast

This is what SF were saying about the EU before the referendum .

"We are critical of the EU because of the democratic deficit"
Gerry Adams February 2016.

"The economic and fiscal policies of the EU had had a catastrophic effect on many of its citizens".
Liadh ni Riada Sinn Fein MEP.

"The Greek people have an opportunity to send a clear message to the right wing elites of Europe......and the anti-democratic actions of the ECB, the IMF and European Commision."
Martina Anderson. July 2015.

"The EU means lower wages, more military spending and crushes family farms."
Mary Lou Mc Donald. September 2009.
SF = Spoofer Party

Congalltee

Isn't there an underage muslim goat-cyborg somewhere you could be having anal sex with, instead of endlessly subjecting this forum to your diseased ravings?
How the OP is still allowed post here is remarkable.

Brexit has opened up a very odd form of 26 county nationalism, whereby those in the north are seen as more foreign than our "partners" in Europe. These nutters are no so much "west Brit" but pure self hating Irish. Northerners to them were abandoned in 1920, 1922 or 1926 and they can stay abandoned.

Mad as Fish

Brexit: do we really want closer association with Northern Irish as part of the Brexit solutuon ?

Irrespective of the merits of the situation do you honestly think anyone in the north or south will be given the choice or any say in the matter whatsoever? This is the EU involved after all.

Personally I thinks its a somewhat bigoted question.

between the bridges

Cyp ye can bite moi's hairy Orangie onion...

blokesbloke

Brexit has opened up a very odd form of 26 county nationalism, whereby those in the north are seen as more foreign than our "partners" in Europe. These nutters are no so much "west Brit" but pure self hating Irish. Northerners to them were abandoned in 1920, 1922 or 1926 and they can stay abandoned.
We need a new term. West Eurotron?

blokesbloke

:D

Oh Sidey if ever proof was needed of the Irish mastery of the English language you provide it. I have laughed hysterically at your posts more than any other person on this site, whether I agreed with you or not.

You owe me a gross of Tena Lady.

Roll_On

The Republic of Ireland modernized. We don't want TUV nutters standing up in the Dáil shouting about creationism and abominations. We don't want quasi fascist marches on every street for months on end. Modern Irish people will distance themselves from that carry on. Until those elements of NI society go extinct, or move back to Scotland(since they are clearly unhappy in NI), it'll remain so.

between the bridges

The Republic of Ireland modernized. We don't want TUV nutters standing up in the Dáil shouting about creationism and abominations. We don't want quasi fascist marches on every street for months on end. Modern Irish people will distance themselves from that carry on.
Komrade come the day of the revolution, ye will be awaken by a Fermanagh orangie playing a lambeg outside yer hovel...

flavirostris

I saw an interesting article recently on twitter about NI fishermen being delighted about Brexit. They are limited to strict EU quotas in British fishing waters ( like our own fishermen ).

From our point of view whats going to happen here is very interesting. Imagine if the NI fishing industry suddenly starts thriving after the foreigners are kicked out of their territorial waters.

The Field Marshal

I saw an interesting article recently on twitter about NI fishermen being delighted about Brexit. They are limited to strict EU quotas in British fishing waters ( like our own fishermen ).

From our point of view whats going to happen here is very interesting. Imagine if the NI fishing industry suddenly starts thriving after the foreigners are kicked out of their territorial waters.
You raise a most interesting point concerning international fishing rights and the EU.

Will Irish fishing trawlers be affected I wonder.

Jointly NI and the ROI need to work ever more closely in order to downgrade the EU to its proper and sub ordinate place.

flavirostris

You raise a most interesting point concerning international fishing rights and the EU.

Will Irish fishing trawlers be affected I wonder.

Jointly NI and the ROI need to work ever more closely in order to downgrade the EU to its proper and sub ordinate place.
I think the EU is finished anyway and it's only a matter of time before it starts to unravel as other countries look to assert their own independence.

Nemesiscorporation

Northern Ireland had an ugly sectarian conflict ...many died

It was papered over - and the henchmen allowed to stay/ascend into power

There are way too many bigots of all hues there
2014 - Racism in Northern Ireland: 'They called our children monkeys' - the Guardian
2014 - The complex rise in Northern Ireland racist hate crime - BBC News
2015 - Belfast racist hate crime figures up 43% - BBC News
2016 - Ethnic minorities in NI warn of rise in racist abuse since Leave vote

If they end up with a closer association with the EU than the mainland UK ...then that means a de facto closer association with us

North must seek post-Brexit EU status - Martin McGuinness

I do not want them...perhaps Scotland might take them ?

cyp
I completely and utterly disagree. The Dail-Seanad criminals make the criminals in Stormont look like amateurs. This is why, €184billion of debt. FinanceDublin.com - Irish Debt Clock

Northern Ireland does not have a monoploy on racism or thuggish behaviour on this island. There are plenty of criminal gangs, religious extremists and insider con artists at work in Ireland who could teach the people up north a few tricks.

Cellachán Chaisil

The 'harder' the brexit between IRE and NI is, the higher the chances of United Ireland becoming the reality.
That's true, especially factoring in that a hard Brexit may push Scotland away.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies