Brexit - Return of the Booze Cruise

gleeful

The return of the booze cruise! Ferry chiefs plan to slash wine and beer prices after Britain leaves the EU

Brexit will see the return of the "booze cruise" as ferry-passengers will enjoy duty free wine and cigarettes for first time in nearly 20 years.

The British Chamber of Shipping, which represents cross-Channel ferry operators, said that duty free will be "automatically" introduced on cross-channel ferries after Britain leaves the customs union.

Presumably this will also apply on Ferries to the UK from Ireland, and on flights - and possibly on the train to Belfast?

silverharp

The return of the booze cruise! Ferry chiefs plan to slash wine and beer prices after Britain leaves the EU

Brexit will see the return of the "booze cruise" as ferry-passengers will enjoy duty free wine and cigarettes for first time in nearly 20 years.

The British Chamber of Shipping, which represents cross-Channel ferry operators, said that duty free will be "automatically" introduced on cross-channel ferries after Britain leaves the customs union.

Presumably this will also apply on Ferries to the UK from Ireland, and on flights - and possibly on the train to Belfast?
brilliant , I just need to start smoking and up my drink consumption and Ill save a fortune

farnaby

Better keep quiet on this before it becomes a Brexit bargaining chip.

"Why you complain about ziss hard border, you get duty free - you too like ze 'drinks and women', yes?"

gijoe

Ryanair will be paying us to fly to the UK with the profits they can make on duty free.

silverharp

it should put a hole in the in the ciggy smuggling trade as well

'orebel

Jaysus what is the Irish preoccupation with cheaper DRINK and FAGS :(

Stay healthy.
Profit!

You'd be the last person I thought I'd have to explain that to.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies