Brexit the DUP and the Irish border

Talk Back

Northern unionist business blown up 6 times, southern nationalist business untouched.

Now remind us about ethnic cleansing again.
Don't address Irish people in that manner!

How do you think you thieving Unionists ended up in our country the first place on Irish land you stole from us Irish - but for your ethnic cleansing???

Last edited:

Talk Back

Eh wrong again. Common Travel Area continues. So British people can travel to Ireland any time. And they don’t even have to shoot people or starve them to do it, they can just hop on a plane now. You need to be nice to your neighbors. They’re in charge from now on, forever.
The foreigners are not neighbours - they are squatting in our house.

rainmaker

Administrator
I think it's plain as day that the whole NI economy can burn so long as the DUP maintain a position that is opposite to that of the government in Dublin..
That does seem to be the DUP position. I find the logic literally unfathomable - a sizeable percentage of their own community voted Remain and they seem to be betraying them.

It's self inflicted, political self extinction.

raetsel

I read her comments Paddy and I find her to be the most sensible unionist I have ever came across, I believe this Lady has a big future in the new Ireland of equals.
Naomi Long and Sylvia Herman are the voice of common sense within the unionist tradition at the moment. But it is a small voice.
We are in effect becoming more polarised because of Brexit and now that the Tories have sided shamelessly with their DUP blackmailers, we are left with no option but to pile on the pressure relentlessly until we get a border poll.

Leinsterview

The DUP have a problem with NI being forced out of one union against its will -- but not out of another.
And if they are such ardent UK nationalists why don't they take a hit for the general team?

rainmaker

Administrator
The DUP have a problem with NI being forced out of one union against its will -- but not out of another.
And if they are such ardent UK nationalists why don't they take a hit for the general team?
They could have played an influential role in securing as good as deal as possible under the circumstances - but instead they appear, to an outsider at least, to have opted for short term parochial gain.

michael-mcivor

The EU offers England Scotland wales a deal to leave the customs union-( whilst we the six stay in the customs union- )- Sky news actually thought it was great till the DUP rejected it- I thought the DUP was slow but the media take the biscuit-

Mickeymac

The EU offers England Scotland wales a deal to leave the customs union-( whilst we the six stay in the customs union- )- Sky news actually thought it was great till the DUP rejected it- I thought the DUP was slow but the media take the biscuit-

The Fleet St London media is largely responsible for radicalising those who voted "leave" in the Euro referenda.