• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

BREXIT: the general forum [Original Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribal

What I find interesting about the currency non reaction to the rate increase is that it shows a distinct lack of interest in long term holding for the pound. It confirms for me that we're probably close to a tipping point for another major leg down for the currency.

gleeful

What I find interesting about the currency non reaction to the rate increase is that it shows a distinct lack of interest in long term holding for the pound. It confirms for me that we're probably close to a tipping point for another major leg down for the currency.
Maybe. But as the rate rise wasnt a surprise it was likely priced in.

Erudite Caveman

But x was tiny and continues to be tiny. If x was 10% and moved to 15%...A 50% increase...that would be a hike.
This is a monumentally stupid argument you are making, SIL.

For starters , a £25 pw hike is £1300 pa. If you want to really rip the piss you could give a per second.

Secondly and more importantly, the notion that a .25% increase is tiny is ludicrous. The cost of borrowing is what it is measured against, not the capital. The capital corresponds to the secured asset.

shiel

Since the breakdown in politics .ie I have been thinking about Brexit and reading more of the stuff from the London media.

My opinion has hardened.

The English have voted for Brexit because they have nothing but contempt for the rest of Europe and especially the Irish.

The English through Brexit have delighted in tearing up the agreements which supported the open border between the north and south of this country.

The motivation for Brexit is stark but disturbing and all of us should not be blind to the consequences.

Brexit is an assault on the existence of the EU comprising nearly thirty democracies, a home market of 500 million people and a court of human rights.

Dressing Brexit up as anything else is hypocritical ************************e.

LadyLou

A lot of English people are like that Shiel. Not them all. Not the millions who

had the good sense to vote against Brexit.

But like Grace, we have to hope that some good sense prevails.

So glad to see P.ie back. Whether we like it or not we are a community.

GDPR

A lot of English people are like that Shiel. Not them all. Not the millions who

had the good sense to vote against Brexit.

But like Grace, we have to hope that some good sense prevails.

So glad to see P.ie back. Whether we like it or not we are a community.
We are Irish Borg. Our whole history shows that you will be assimilated. Even if you think you are British or whatever, everyone else will see you as Irish. Also you will spend all your time telling Irish people that you wouldnt condescend, and of course that just makes you totally Irish.

Niall996

Since the breakdown in politics .ie I have been thinking about Brexit and reading more of the stuff from the London media.

My opinion has hardened.

The English have voted for Brexit because they have nothing but contempt for the rest of Europe and especially the Irish.

The English through Brexit have delighted in tearing up the agreements which supported the open border between the north and south of this country.

The motivation for Brexit is stark but disturbing and all of us should not be blind to the consequences.

Brexit is an assault on the existence of the EU comprising nearly thirty democracies, a home market of 500 million people and a court of human rights.

Brexit has dragged up some seriously ugly grotesque underlying attitudes it must be said.

Minggatu

Amazing Maps™
‏ @amazingmap
4 Dec 2015

The most commonly spoken second language in each London borough

Marcos the black

My opinion has hardened.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/british-radio-caller-suggests-war-13014610

British radio caller suggests war with Ireland as solution to Brexit border problem

Telstar 62

Both Neil Kinnock, who receives an £83,000 per year EU pension, and
Peter Mandelson, pocketing £31,000 a year from Brussels, are subject
to a clause that does not permit them to criticise the European Union.:rolleyes:

firefly123

Amazing Maps™
‏ @amazingmap
4 Dec 2015

The most commonly spoken second language in each London borough

other than the polish, French, portugease and Spanish the rest have nowt to do with EU membership.

also it's second languages so it will always be foreign.
I'm sure a map of second languages in Dublin would also be interestingly diverse

runwiththewind

Russia gained Eastern Europe.
USA gained financially and built up its industry.

Britain got nought. So many Europeans have forgotten the price that Britain paid for her struggle against Hitler.
Britain could have stayed out of the war. The furthest the Germans got to Britain was the Channel Islands. And Britain couldn't do anything about it.

runwiththewind

Does anyone get the eery feeling we are about to enter a prolonged period of political instability? The world seems on edge.
And increasingly, the British public are looking at Ireland and placing the blame on us. The comments section in the Express any time Ireland is mentioned is frightening. Right back to the days of Punch. The ante is being upped by the threath of violence.

Last edited:

paulp

other than the polish, French, portugease and Spanish the rest have nowt to do with EU membership.

also it's second languages so it will always be foreign.
I'm sure a map of second languages in Dublin would also be interestingly diverse
A good bit of the Spanish and Portuguese has nowt to do with EU either

Spanner Island

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/british-radio-caller-suggests-war-13014610

British radio caller suggests war with Ireland as solution to Brexit border problem
They've lost the f***ing plot in the UK...

Nobody can say anything that doesn't chime with the Brexit mantra that they won't dismiss as 'Project Fear'...

A number has been well and truly done on a lot of them...

Vote Leave broke electoral rules and told blatant lies... and it is these charlatans that many Brits put their faith in... :roll: to such an extent that the 'authorities' can't even plan for a no-deal Brexit without the loons shouting back 'Project Fear'...

They're a lost cause and the way they're going it will be a no deal crash out Brexit because they simply won't listen to anything that doesn't chime with whatever Brexit fantasy they have in their heads...

As for going to war with us... FFS that's where some in Blighty are now and is indicative of how far they've sunk... and Brexit hasn't even happened yet...

Roll on March 29th

wexfordman

Both Neil Kinnock, who receives an £83,000 per year EU pension, and
Peter Mandelson, pocketing £31,000 a year from Brussels, are subject
to a clause that does not permit them to criticise the European Union.:rolleyes:
What clause, can you post a link to it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.