BREXIT: the general forum (Second Thread)

Jimmy Two Times

It is not just stalled business investment.

Brexit uncertainty is causing Brits to delay the purchase of new cars or moving house.

Those calling for delays, referenda etc are globalist fanatics attempting to inflict as much damage on the UK economy as they possibly can.
So Rees Mogg Johnson et al are anti globalisers are they:D

It's incredible with the mess that Brexit is causing that eejits on here still attempt to defend it. The definition of stupidity.

AhNowStop

[TWEET]1083310252492316672[/TWEET]

:shock::rolleyes:
I saw that, on Newsnight I think it was, and although "we" know all about the DUPs unwarranted arrogance I wondered what the English would think of his supercilious comments ....

and to think Ian Og is about to get dragged over the coals "again" for breaking parliamentary rules... these loons really are in for an awful wake up call :roll:

PBP voter

Middlesbrough
Experts warned that the post-industrial Northern town could face the catastrophic long-term situation of being largely the same.

AhNowStop

We already have the answers.

Does Brexit destroy jobs? Yes.

Does Brexit create jobs? Yes.

Does Brexit create more jobs than it destroys? Yes
Please elaborate on the bits in bold ?

You have a habit of making these broad brush comments with absolutely no substance .. lets see the detail ?

Se0samh

I saw that, on Newsnight I think it was, and although "we" know all about the DUPs unwarranted arrogance I wondered what the English would think of his supercilious comments ....

and to think Ian Og is about to get dragged over the coals "again" for breaking parliamentary rules... these loons really are in for an awful wake up call :roll:

Very direct, very clear...:roflmao:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com

I love the way he uses "Northern Irish people" as a code for "right-wing northern Unionists" just as he uses "the interests of Northern Ireland" to mean "the interests of loyal British nationalists in Northern Ireland."

There is no doubt about it: the DUP position on Brexit is wiping away any residual sympathy that ever existed for their concerns south of the border. And they seem delighted about it.

Anyone would swear that they still represented the majority of the population in Northern Ireland.

They really are in for an awful landing.

Or are they acting out a desire to go down in flames as a political force? Or to mix the metaphor, if we can't have it all, we might as well jump over a cliff?

Franzoni

I love the way he uses "Northern Irish people" as a code for "right-wing northern Unionists" just as he uses "the interests of Northern Ireland" as "the interests of loyal British nationalists in Northern Ireland."

There is no doubt about it: the DUP position on Brexit is wiping away any residual sympathy that ever existed for their concerns south of the border. And they seem delighted about it.

Anyone would swear that the still represent the majority of the population in Northern Ireland.

They really are in for an awful landing.

Or are they acting out a desire to go down in flames as a political force. Or to mix the metaphor, if we can't have it all, we might as well jump over a cliff.
Oh yes that would be them alright try to go down in flames and leave the place in heap while house hunting in Surrey or East Anglia on the sly........I doubt Arlene & Co will be living in a council estate on the outskirts of Nottingham when the dust settles.....

Whatever doubts or cobwebs over the eyes with sections of NI society with a more moderate outlook have about jumping in with us they should be well removed by now by the actions of Paisley and the rest of the carpetbaggers in the DUP.....

Sync

Meh. If the government didn't want to have to rely on the party whose raison d'etre is to maintain an unchanged relationship within the UK then they should have done better in the election.

bokuden

Oh yes that would be them alright try to go down in flames and leave the place in heap while house hunting in Surrey or East Anglia on the sly........I doubt Arlene & Co will be living in a council estate on the outskirts of Nottingham when the dust settles.....

Whatever doubts or cobwebs over the eyes with sections of NI society with a more moderate outlook have about jumping in with us they should be well removed by now by the actions of Paisley and the rest of the carpetbaggers in the DUP.....
I think any remotely sane unionist would fit seamlessly into Fine Gael.

bokuden

Middlesbrough
Experts warned that the post-industrial Northern town could face the catastrophic long-term situation of being largely the same.
It's funny, but there's something to it. I heard the head of Plaid Cymru on the radio yesterday discussing the formation of a celtic union along with explaining why so many Welsh voted to leave the EU. He said it was because their lives have stagnated for so long,it was very hard to convince them to vote 'remain'. Why would anyone vote to remain in a situation of chronic under investment and intergenerational unemployment?

Cai

The CBI are clearly hysterical Anglophobes.
As are the House of Lords, the Speaker, British judges, the trade unions, the IMF, the Japanese, the ECB, the British Medical Association, hauliers, farmers etc, etc.

The world & indeed dear old England ars largely populated by Anglophobes.

Volatire

As are the House of Lords, the Speaker, British judges, the trade unions, the IMF, the Japanese, the ECB, the British Medical Association, hauliers, farmers etc, etc.

The world & indeed dear old England ars largely populated by Anglophobes.
Not sure about that, but the self-loathing left do hate all of western history, culture, civilisation and values. Lock, stock and barrel.

Britain included.

That I can tell you.

Se0samh

Meh. If the government didn't want to have to rely on the party whose raison d'etre is to maintain an unchanged relationship within the UK then they should have done better in the election.

Unchanged relationship...hhhmmmnnn......from the seventeenth century...hhhmmmnnn....:unsure:....:rolleyes2:

Prof Honeydew

Not sure about that, but the self-loathing left do hate all of western history, culture, civilisation and values. Lock, stock and barrel.

Britain included.

That I can tell you.
Spoken by one of the best self-loathers in the business.

That I can tell you.

Se0samh

Britain included.

That I can tell you.

But not-

In the last 2 days alone there has been major jobs cuts announcements due to Brexit.
Maybe you could be so good as to link to a few jobs announcement in the UK due to Brexit.
Thanks.

hhhhmmmnnnnn.....:unsure:......:laugh:

bokuden

Rte shills were employed in a private capacity for the 'pendulum summit' and as such, they were bought off to make sure the summit could maximise its publicity out of a scumbag like BJ. Decent Journalism is dead in ireland. It has basically become a PR exercise for those who can pay.