BREXIT: the general forum (Second Thread)

Vega1447

You sound like some religious nut denouncing apostasy. Of course your shinner pals would love the cleanse the country of undesirables like Bruton.

So what if people see things differently to you? Deal with it like a grown up.
His Grace, the Earl, is introduced as a former Taoiswach. Listeners in England naturally assume that his views are representative. In fact his opinions are only held by a tiny minority.

Strawberry

You sound like some religious nut denouncing apostasy. Of course your shinner pals would love the cleanse the country of undesirables like Bruton.

So what if people see things differently to you? Deal with it like a grown up.
Oh, the ironing.

Strawberry

So what have we here, my fellow Piesters? Are Leo and the Europhiles about to discover the reality of EU politics?

Embattled May to get 11th-hour from EU - Independent.ie
Leo and the Europhiles already know the reality of EU politics, its you who is throwing buns at the Moon. Read the article you linked to instead of just reading the headline...

"Mr Juncker said the EU stood ready to help - but this did not extend to reopening the deal signed off at a special summit on November 25."

Sailor

Leo and the Europhiles already know the reality of EU politics, its you who is throwing buns at the Moon. Read the article you linked to instead of just reading the headline...

"Mr Juncker said the EU stood ready to help - but this did not extend to reopening the deal signed off at a special summit on November 25."
There’s reopening and then there’s “reopening”. All will be revealed to you over the next two months!

Tribal

The basis of this forecast lies in a fundamental assumption about Britain’s Brexit negotiation objective – in summary cakeism. This is where they started out and where they intend to finish. At the heart of their cakeism objective is the new EU land border in Ireland and the use of a soft border argument here as the basis for a soft EU marine border for Britain itself.
Good summary. I think the border in Ireland is literally where their fantasies clash with reality and they choose that hill to die on, not out of any solidarity with the Loyalists, but because it was the first engagement with details and as fantasists they must attack reality with everything they, as they really have nothing else.

I'm starting to think that ultimately that the UKs withdrawal from the EU will trundle into a limbo status, a grandfathering of their current relationship but without any of the voting rights and representation of having a seat at the table. Trade will continue but it will be on EU terms.

Strawberry

I will wager you an infraction that there will be something done with the backstop that will effectively time limit it.:)
That's nice and vague. Anyway its already "effectively time limited" in the sense that everybody agrees its not supposed to be a permanent arrangement.

RasherHash

[video=youtube;5jIB97hePDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jIB97hePDw&app=desktop[/video]

Sailor

That's nice and vague. Anyway its already "effectively time limited" in the sense that everybody agrees its not supposed to be a permanent arrangement.
No - I mean an actual limit, not an aspirational one.

Volatire

His Grace, the Earl, is introduced as a former Taoiswach. Listeners in England naturally assume that his views are representative. In fact his opinions are only held by a tiny minority.
How would you like to silence him?

Intimidation? Knee-capping? Car bomb? Disappeared and buried in bog?

Sailor

I'll take a bet but not your suggested one because you know full well I'm not going to infract someone for getting a prediction wrong.
But you could withhold an infraction when I am proved right.