BREXIT: the general forum (Second Thread)

Mercurial

/MOD/ In case anyone is wondering, the mods have been instructed to start closing the biggest threads, for technical reasons. Expect to see similar actions taken for some of the other very large threads. /MOD/

hollandia

So. did Grace break pie? Or was it Brexit broke pie? Or did Pie just break all on its own?

Se0samh

/MOD/ In case anyone is wondering, the mods have been instructed to start closing the biggest threads, for technical reasons. Expect to see similar actions taken for some of the other very large threads. /MOD/
Will you be archiving them or....

former wesleyan

Priti will undoubtedly be lauded in the Indian 'establishment' once they're in a position to turn the screws on Blighty in return for a future deal...

It should surprise nobody when descendents of those from the Commonwealth are anti-EU...

They're not drawbridge immigrants... they just want the immigration to be from where they came from... which is fair enough I guess...
Apart from Pritti Patel have you any evidence for this ?

Franzoni

So. did Grace break pie? Or was it Brexit broke pie? Or did Pie just break all on its own?
**Disclaimer i'm not a techie just things i've read elsewhere from being a member on other forums **

Some other sites i'm on large threads like the Brexit thread would never be allowed to grow as large as it did and are broken up a lot sooner into PT 2-3 etc.......also digging up old threads is discouraged by the mods with posters asked to start a new one or reads the FAQ section...

One thing i've noticed here from time to time is really old threads being dug up not randomly but sometimes i might log on in the morning and i see several really old threads have been resurrected during the small hours.....

This of course all hinges on active moderation and people steeping in early if these do cause technical issues.....

blinding

Apart from Pritti Patel have you any evidence for this ?
I would say the voting records of these parts of british society would make more interesting reading than some realise . Getting to 17.4 million voters takes all sorts . It is after all the biggest vote for anything in british history .

Jack O Neill

I would say the voting records of these parts of british society would make more interesting reading than some realise . Getting to 17.4 million voters takes all sorts . It is after all the biggest vote for anything in british history .
your betters have not been allowing you to vote freely for very long , perhaps they should have a rethink

shiel

Will you give it a f***ing rest...

Message received and understood months ago FFS...

You're on ignore now.
You are perfectly entitled to put me on ignore.

But Brexit was the result of English racist contempt for their fellow EU citizens and especially for the citizens of this democratic republic and former colonial underlings.

That is a fairly fundamental situation and may have fairly fundamental, long term consequences for the EU, the UK and especially for this country.

It could end up with the dissolution of the EU, Eastern European countries back behind another iron curtain under Putin, right wing rule in central Europe, UK having signed an agreement with Trump as 51st state of the US and we stuck in between.

I hope I am mad wrong but we should not be in denial as to the possible realities.

shiel

In England, leave voters (39%) were more than twice as likely as remain voters (18%) to describe themselves either as “English not British” or “more English than British”. Remain voters were twice as likely as leavers to see themselves as more British than English.

Two thirds of those who considered themselves more English than British voted to leave; two thirds of those who considered themselves more British than English voted to remain.

Cai

Interesting reading . Quite a decent percentage of Asian people and Black people voted for Brexit .
Not really - large majorities of black people & Asians voted Remain.

The difference is possibly partly accounted for by the fact that many Indian Restaurant owners encouraged people to vote Leave because they (probably correctly) reckoned that such a vote would lead to the loosening of restrictions on immigration from Southern Asia & provide them with greater access to staff & in some cases customers.

Cai

In England, leave voters (39%) were more than twice as likely as remain voters (18%) to describe themselves either as “English not British” or “more English than British”. Remain voters were twice as likely as leavers to see themselves as more British than English.

Two thirds of those who considered themselves more English than British voted to leave; two thirds of those who considered themselves more British than English voted to remain.
Oddly in Wales & Scotland it was different - a British identity indicated that people wanted to Leave while Welsh & Scottish identities suggested a desire to Remain.

blinding

Not really - large majorities of black people & Asians voted Remain.

The difference is possibly partly accounted for by the fact that many Indian Restaurant owners encouraged people to vote Leave because they (probably correctly) reckoned that such a vote would lead to the loosening of restrictions on immigration from Southern Asia & provide them with greater access to staff & in some cases customers.
If a political part got 33% of the Asian vote or 25% of the Black vote ; They would make a big deal about it .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies