BREXIT: the general forum (Second Thread)

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
That's not lard. It is a surfeit of Britishness. So the flames could be doused by Britainousness. All part of the unchaining.

AhNowStop

2lazy

In fairness DoG voted Remain so some days the fog in his mind must clear a bit! :)

He is pure trolling material every post is written to cause offence - his knowledge of NI does not extend beyond what he can find on google - I have called him out multiple times
DoG the google unionist :)

Sync

Yougov has the Tories ahead by 9, Kantar has them ahead by 12. That’s a significantly wider lead than this stage in 2017.

Pyewacket

I heard a hilarious interview with the Sultans of Swing on Radio 4 about MRP Polling, known to the groupies as Mister P polling. The new one that they have got right this time.

Basically it is "suck it and see."

Sync

There's this really weird subsection of people who seem to think that pollsters don't attach a million caveats to their work and that the trends over time are the important thing to focus on rather than a single poll result.

Pyewacket

There's this really weird subsection of people who seem to think that pollsters don't attach a million caveats to their work and that the trends over time are the important thing to focus on rather than a single poll result.
They are called spin doctors.

The rest of us have never even been polled once. :)

Newrybhoy

It really does not matter how much of a majority there is.

The main question is are we going to have a decades long economic war subsequently?
That's up to your masters in the EU.

FTA agreement on day one.

Job done.

Sync

Yeah but on the day won't a lot of Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid etc. vote tactically for Labour?
Has that been taken into account in those polls?
The question is how they will vote. The motivations behind that voting (As well as comparisons between previous votes or intentions) are examined separately.

It's not "Who would you like to vote for", it's "Who will you vote for".

Sync

I mean why not? The numbers don't stand up even to casual scrutiny, but right now Labour are on track to finish up with more than 100 seats less than the Tories. This is right up there with 350 million on a bus, but you've got to try and change the discussion. It's time to throw stuff at the wall. Putting it out on a day when it'll split time from stories about Corbyn's view on NATO is a good move.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell will claim that a Labour government would save families an average of £6,700 a year by “putting a stop to rip-off Britain” as the party narrows its focus to bread-and-butter issues.
With just over a week to go before polling day, McDonnell will on Wednesday say that Labour’s policy of tackling “profiteering monopolies” and “bad bosses” would benefit voters’ budgets
“As Chancellor I want to ensure government has sound finances, but I want more than that. I want every family, every household in Britain to have sound finances,” he will say.
“That means putting a stop to rip-off Britain and making real change so that people are not powerless in the face of profiteering monopolies, bad bosses at work and cast aside by a government that just stands by.”
In a dossier to be published alongside the speech, McDonnell will claim that Labour policies including nationalising utilities and reducing the cost of rail season tickets would put £6,700 in the coffers of the average household.
The speech is intended to herald a renewed focus on the cost of living in the final few days of campaigning.

shiel

That's up to your masters in the EU.

FTA agreement on day one.

Job done.
Do you not remember there was a FTA going back to 1973?

Do you not remember Brexiteers tore it up?

Do you not remember Brexiteers want a no deal?

FTA still there if Brexiteers cancel the economic war and the tearing up of the Belfast Agreement.

Newrybhoy

Do you not remember there was a FTA going back to 1973?

Do you not remember Brexiteers tore it up?

Do you not remember Brexiteers want a no deal?

FTA still there if Brexiteers cancel the economic war and the tearing up of the Belfast Agreement.
We want to trade goods and services. We simply want to control our borders whilst doing so.

Betson

Trump will unleash his most deadly attack on Boris in retaliation and give him his full backing and support for the GE.
There seemed to be real tension between Macron and Trump yesterday at their get together , this won't help matters. Although to be honest they are not really saying that much there , nothing too much to get upset about even if Trump is not the most thin skinned man in the world when it comes to things like this.

I still hope he has a pop back at them on twitter , it would be great entertainment. Call he Canadian Mr Black face etc etc.

Although I think he will probably let this one pass.

shiel

We want to trade goods and services. We simply want to control our borders whilst doing so.
So Brexiteers tear up an international free trade agreement and declare economic war?

So the Brexiteers tear up the Belfast Agreement and re-impose a border?

Pathetic and dangerous for all our futures.

Popular Threads

Most Replies