"Brexit, there is a growing consensus that it imperils the union"

Ardillaun

It's not a problem - you Unionists just need to learn to obey the democratic will of the Irish people.

It's called democracy.
‘Learn to obey’, not exactly a promising path towards genuine reconciliation on our island. But I digress.

Talk Back

‘Learn to obey’, not exactly a promising path towards genuine reconciliation on our island. But I digress.
Reconciliation???

Oh sorry - I didn't realise the Unionists had apologised and asked for our forgiveness for their stealing of our land. and murdering of our people, and the partition of our country, and for the trouble they are causing with Brexit, and the artificial veto on democracy that they are given by a foreign country of occupation that denies the people of Ireland the reunification of our country, and the ending of England's centuries old unwanted ongoing demonic interference in our country.

Ardillaun

Where did I post that troll?
So you do want reconciliation? That’s good to hear. Reconciliation generally involves both sides admitting where they fell short. Pehaps you could post something to that effect?

Se0samh

So you do want reconciliation? That’s good to hear. Reconciliation generally involves both sides admitting where they fell short. Pehaps you could post something to that effect?

So in your view, when there has been a guilty party and an innocent party there can be no reconciliation, interesting outlook...

Ardillaun

So in your view, when there has been a guilty party and an innocent party there can be no reconciliation, interesting outlook...
Notice the ‘generally’ in my sentence. In the case you cite, the apology would come from one party. In tribal conflicts it’s a rare case.

Last edited:

death or glory

shiel

That happened in the Good Friday Agreement.

But Brexiteers have torn it up.

If there is going to be an agreement Brexiteers have to reverse their decision to tear up the GFA.

death or glory

That happened in the Good Friday Agreement.

But Brexiteers have torn it up.

If there is going to be an agreement Brexiteers have to reverse their decision to tear up the GFA.
Paddy,
Will you still admire Leo's position when he is the first Eire PM to install and enforce a hard border?

Talk Back

Paddy,
Will you still admire Leo's position when he is the first Eire PM to install and enforce a hard border?
That would not be true either - the first 'Southern Ireland' State PM to enforce a hard border through Ireland was Cosgrave - all to do with losing money.

But the cause of the artificial "border" partitioning Eire was, and still is, England and its spawn in Ireland - you Unionists.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If ever there was a politically definable crew in Ireland so obviously heading for looming irrelevance it has to be the DUP and followers. I'm almost at the initial stage of a pang of sorrow for lads like DoG and Newrybhoy there.

It is like being an observer at a speech from the aft-deck of a sailing ship, with crew standing about and distracted a bit by the inescapable sight of the mast getting lower from the sun in the sky at a strangely hasty rate and that the sea seems a bit nearer to the gunwales than it was a while ago. Someone needs to politely cough and inform the Captain but he's just getting to his favourite bit...

death or glory

If ever there was a politically definable crew in Ireland so obviously heading for looming irrelevance it has to be the DUP and followers. I'm almost at the initial stage of a pang of sorrow for lads like DoG and Newrybhoy there.

It is like being an observer at a speech from the aft-deck of a sailing ship, with crew standing about and distracted a bit by the inescapable sight of the mast getting lower from the sun in the sky at a strangely hasty rate and that the sea seems a bit nearer to the gunwales than it was a while ago. Someone needs to politely cough and inform the Captain but he's just getting to his favourite bit...
Save your pity for people who need it.
I'm living the dream in British Ulster.
You'll be building the hard border.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies