"Brexit, there is a growing consensus that it imperils the union"

Emily Davison

Looks like it's dawning on Arlene Foster...

https://sluggerotoole.com/2019/09/09/arlene-foster-we-must-engage-with-those-of-a-nationalist-background/

Methinks the horse has already bolted from the unnaturally warm stable there .
When I read that the other day I had visions of them burning Polish flags. Apartently they do that around the 12th because Polish emigrants are Catholics. Only heard about that this year. It must have confused the hell out of the Polish though. Mad stuff really.

But on a positive note Arlene seems to be now a fan of the GFA. A week in politics eh?

Last edited:

raetsel

https://sluggerotoole.com/2019/09/09/arlene-foster-we-must-engage-with-those-of-a-nationalist-background/

"Second, we must engage Northern Ireland’s minority ethnic and new communities. Multi-generational ethnic communities became an intrinsic part of Northern Ireland. This diversity has been augmented by the larger migrations of the last twenty years."
Yeah, right............................
Get the ethnics out Sammy! 🙄

raetsel

At this stage unionists are sitting between a rock and a hard place.
Respect the democratic will of the NI people which quite obviously supports the Backstop.
Or else, respect the democratic will of a future likely majority in favour of a united Ireland, entirely brought on by a hard Brexit.
Their third option is unthinkable......................but a few of the stupid ones will think it anyway.

Paddyc

Horse?

The crocodiles have bolted currying their yogurt and coca cola along the way.

Arlene presided over the shift of the remaining Nationalist vote from the SDLP to SF but that didn't bother her so long as all the Unionionists voted DUP.

Is she now going to start engaging with Lady Sylvia Hermon?

She's now led the DUP to the far right and is wondering why moderate Unionists (and Nationalists voting tactically) are voting Unionists out of office and voting Alliance.

The woman who was telling SF to be careful what they ask for in relation to a border poll a few years ago isn't quite so cocky now. Wouldn't it be awful timing for Arlene if there was a General Election just as the RHI report landed?

firefly123

When I read that the other day I had visions of them burning Polish flags. Apartently they do that around the 12th because Polish emigrants are Catholics. Only heard about that this year. It must have confused the hell out of the Polish though. Mad stuff really.

But on a positive note Arlene seems to be now a fan of the GFA. A week in politics eh?
How do you think people from the ivory coast feel ;)

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Always makes me smile, this subject heading. A 'growing consensus' that Brexit imperils the union.

Wish I'd put a bet on back in 2016. Because it was for that tactical reason that I voted for Brexit.

If a man in the street could work that out three years ago how crap are these people in terms of analysis?

Paddyc

Always makes me smile, this subject heading. A 'growing consensus' that Brexit imperils the union.

Wish I'd put a bet on back in 2016. Because it was for that tactical reason that I voted for Brexit.

If a man in the street could work that out three years ago how crap are these people in terms of analysis?
I forget who it was said that Stevie Wonder wandering around a coal cellar at midnight could see that Brexit would advance the cause of a United Ireland?

But whoever they are, they're right.

Emily Davison

How do you think people from the ivory coast feel ;)
I had this idea that those type of immigrants hadn't made it that far yet. That it was more a case of the UK cities and then say Dublin and the like. But I'd honestly have no clue of the level of racisim in Belfast versus Cork for example. To me Ireland looks fairly mixed compared to when I left never mind compared to when I was a child. And I also remember being pretty shocked as a complete white Irish working in London and America never having really met anyone non white. Something my own children wouldn't understand.

Rural

I had this idea that those type of immigrants hadn't made it that far yet. That it was more a case of the UK cities and then say Dublin and the like. But I'd honestly have no clue of the level of racisim in Belfast versus Cork for example. To me Ireland looks fairly mixed compared to when I left never mind compared to when I was a child. And I also remember being pretty shocked as a complete white Irish working in London and America never having really met anyone non white. Something my own children wouldn't understand.

Eh, Emily, this is the Ivory Coast flag -

1568122631756.png

He was taking the piss.

Emily Davison

1568122631756.png

He was taking the piss.
I forgot about that Rural, thanks. I'm always a bit slow on the uptake. I thought he was talking about how the unionist extremes are a bit racist. Though I've no idea how bad they are. Maybe the DUP is a beacon of multicultarism, but can't say I've noticed it.

Must say our Leo looked the picture of elegance in comparison with Boris yesterday. Leo looks really fine in a suit. Even Trump, who looks horrific, at least manages to put his suit and tie together with aplomb. And despite Boris being known for his wit, Leo speaks very eloquently. He's a master at the understated word which I hadn't noticed before, or else Boris just makes everybody look and sound marvellous. I find his same old jokes tedious at this stage, his one about Barnier singing the book fell particularly flat. More akin to the Beano I suppose.

Rural

I forgot about that Rural, thanks. I'm always a bit slow on the uptake. I thought he was talking about how the unionist extremes are a bit racist. Though I've no idea how bad they are. Maybe the DUP is a beacon of multicultarism, but can't say I've noticed it.

Must say our Leo looked the picture of elegance in comparison with Boris yesterday. Leo looks really fine in a suit. Even Trump, who looks horrific, at least manages to put his suit and tie together with aplomb. And despite Boris being known for his wit, Leo speaks very eloquently. He's a master at the understated word which I hadn't noticed before, or else Boris just makes everybody look and sound marvellous. I find his same old jokes tedious at this stage, his one about Barnier singing the book fell particularly flat. More akin to the Beano I suppose.
Boris is a living caricature of the posh boy who mistakenly thinks everyone is beneath him and not as smart as him, so he makes no effort whatsoever and shows himself up. He thinks that laughing or feigning boredom at what a person says is somehow "debate" or "discussion".

Boris might look good in a suit if he had someone to tuck his shirt in (he tried it himself yesterday morning and failed). I'm not a Leo fan at all, but I have to admit that he played a stormer yesterday.

1568124813560.png

firefly123

1568122631756.png

He was taking the piss.
But not out of Emily. I hope it didn't come across that way.

You often seen the flag that way at the top of the pallet mountain.

Emily Davison

But not out of Emily. I hope it didn't come across that way.

You often seen the flag that way at the top of the pallet mountain.
I know that Firefly don’t you worry. It did not at all come across that way. I’m just particularly bad at jokes and innuendo. And I don't believe Rural implied that you did. She was just giving me a gentle nod from her brass bed in the spare room.

Rural

I know that Firefly don’t you worry. It did not at all come across that way. I’m just particularly bad at jokes and innuendo. And I don't believe Rural implied that you did. She was just giving me a gentle nod from her brass bed in the spare room.
I was out on the terrace dahling.;)

Emily Davison

I was out on the terrace dahling.;)
By the time I’d posted that you’d moved from the hot bed to the cool terrace, it’s hard to keep up with you, like Boris and his women. No doubt by now you’re set to move indoors to slip under the sheets without bedclothes.

What did you think of Arlene’s outfit with her companion this evening at no 10. Personally I had echoes of the nuns giving out to me about the length of my skirt or the state of my shoes. Then again it could have been a couple going to a sex crazed party in schoolyard uniform.

RodShaft

By the time I’d posted that you’d moved from the hot bed to the cool terrace, it’s hard to keep up with you, like Boris and his women. No doubt by now you’re set to move indoors to slip under the sheets without bedclothes.

What did you think of Arlene’s outfit with her companion this evening at no 10. Personally I had echoes of the nuns giving out to me about the length of my skirt or the state of my shoes. Then again it could have been a couple going to a sex crazed party in schoolyard uniform.

This site has certainly gotten spicier in my absence...

New Threads

Most Replies