"Brexit, there is a growing consensus that it imperils the union"

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I forget who it was said that Stevie Wonder wandering around a coal cellar at midnight could see that Brexit would advance the cause of a United Ireland?

But whoever they are, they're right.
I'm just astonished that the ERG group, a cabal of hard right tories (indeed if they are even tories at all) apparently didn't see this coming.

If they really are that poor at risk assessment and watching the radar then I'd suggest any Irish people in the UK should vote for them.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to fall. Turns out there was no other shoe. They only have the one. Hopping happily toward an uncertain future.

Se0samh

I'm just astonished that the ERG group, a cabal of hard right tories (indeed if they are even tories at all) apparently didn't see this coming.

If they really are that poor at risk assessment and watching the radar then I'd suggest any Irish people in the UK should vote for them.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to fall. Turns out there was no other shoe. They only have the one. Hopping happily toward an uncertain future.
Why would you think that...most of them don't give a toss for anywhere other than England...if Brexit has shown anything, it has shown up the myth of Britishness...nothing more than Greater England in reality...and, in reality, they'll pull out of anywhere when it suits their interests to do so...

Observer B

Unfortunately for apologists like yourself, their actions speak far louder than your hollow words.

Enniskillen,Omagh,Claudy,Kingsmills etc etc etc.
You conveniently forget, like many unionists, that there were also loyalist paramilitaries and for every Enniskillen there was a Dublin/Monaghan and for every Kingsmill there was a Greysteel etc etc etc. And like you I could name plenty of other places. But the long and the short of it is that there would never have been any PIRA if the catholic population had been treated fairly and justly from the 20s to the 60s.

Seeing as you are pointing fingers and trying to make out that the republican side were the bad uns. Tell us, where were the republican equivalents of romper rooms? Tell us about a single incident where republicans kidnapped an innocent protestant schoolboy and tortured him, killed him and then desiccated his body, as in the case of James Morgan? Also rumored to be a romper room style killing?

It is SF who are still idolising the murderers, no one else.
Seeing as you asked, some examples to show your bigoted hypocrisy:

The banner of Old Boyne Island Heroes Orange lodge bears the names of John Bingham (UVF) and Shankill Butcher Robert Bates.

Another OO lodge has Brian Robinson's mug shot plastered on their banner. He was a UVF member who killed an innocent catholic - but you probably don't think there is any such thing.

I could name plenty of other examples.

Newrybhoy

You conveniently forget, like many unionists, that there were also loyalist paramilitaries and for every Enniskillen there was a Dublin/Monaghan and for every Kingsmill there was a Greysteel etc etc etc. And like you I could name plenty of other places. But the long and the short of it is that there would never have been any PIRA if the catholic population had been treated fairly and justly from the 20s to the 60s.

Seeing as you are pointing fingers and trying to make out that the republican side were the bad uns. Tell us, where were the republican equivalents of romper rooms? Tell us about a single incident where republicans kidnapped an innocent protestant schoolboy and tortured him, killed him and then desiccated his body, as in the case of James Morgan? Also rumored to be a romper room style killing?

Seeing as you asked, some examples to show your bigoted hypocrisy:

The banner of Old Boyne Island Heroes Orange lodge bears the names of John Bingham (UVF) and Shankill Butcher Robert Bates.

Another OO lodge has Brian Robinson's mug shot plastered on their banner. He was a UVF member who killed an innocent catholic - but you probably don't think there is any such thing.

I could name plenty of other examples.
Do the OO stand for election and get elected by the unionist people?

raetsel

Do the OO stand for election and get elected by the unionist people?
Many of their members do. In the past when the UUP controlled the Stormont parliament practically every MP was a member. Exceptions were few and far between. Now it is estimated that 50% of the DUP MLAs are members. UUP leader Robin Swann is still a member also.

Mickeymac

Many of their members do. In the past when the UUP controlled the Stormont parliament practically every MP was a member. Exceptions were few and far between. Now it is estimated that 50% of the DUP MLAs are members. UUP leader Robin Swann is still a member also.

This shady organisation should not be allowed to derail the peace process, Scotland appears to be doing something positive like getting them banned, Ireland should follow suit.

New Threads

Most Replies