Brian Cowen at Terminal 2 on November 19th- will there be protests?

stripey cat

Brian Cowen is opening the new terminal in Dublin Airport today, although it won't actually open for business until January 2011.

Aer Lingus plans trial at new terminal - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 18, 2010

I've heard there is a lot of security in place for his visit, and it's not clear if members of the public will get anywhere near him, but I wonder if there will be protests?

If I was him, I'd be dubious about any high profile public appearances at the moment.

hmmm

Aer Lingus plans trial at new terminal - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 18, 2010
If he's going to be up for trial, I hope it's by someone like the war crimes tribunal and not Aer Lingus. I mean, really, even Ryanair wouldn't do this to our Taoiseach.

spidermom

breakingnews

Comical. He somehow finds time to open the terminal.

Will this not expose more international attention on the failing economy having him there, given the apparent lack of interest in this terminal.

darkknight

Maybe he'll quote from the TV ad for Terminal 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjLBXlieI0]YouTube - DAA Terminal 2 Advertisement[/ame]

"We're a small island in a big ocean, but we've reached the world from here."

We most certainly have!! :eek:

gayguy2000

There will be no protests. All Irish people do is bitch and moan. We have no heart. We'll basically accept whatever Brian or the IMF tell us. Then spend whatever money we have in the pub and discuss pseudo-economics with our drinking buddies. Alcoholics talking about bond yields, who'da thunk it.

FakeViking

Hopefully his African dictator sized Merc will use the (empty) Port Tunnel to get to the (empty) Terminal. And hopefully the said Merc will return (empty).

anarko

There will be no protests. All Irish people do is bitch and moan. We have no heart. We'll basically accept whatever Brian or the IMF tell us. Then spend whatever money we have in the pub and discuss pseudo-economics with our drinking buddies. Alcoholics talking about bond yields, who'da thunk it.
petunia shudn't laugh but its true

stripey cat

I guess it would have been bad taste to have Brian Lenihan at the, er, terminal.

<Sorry>

Alexis Colby

ON Pat Kenny show:
michael o leary turned up in a hearse wearing black suit carrying a wreath!!!

fair play to him!!!

New Threads

Most Replies