• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Brian Cowen ranked 5th in world leaders: NewsWeek

Where should Brian Cowen have been ranked by Newsweek

• Higher. Who even knows where China is?

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • They got it just right

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 6th

Votes: 25 41.0%

• Total voters

Sync

The Fiscal Taskmaster: Brian Cowen - Newsweek

So take THAT Lula Da Silva. Jiabao, 2011 and you're going down my Chinese friend.

And the worst thing is that we just don't appreciate him

But the Irish aren't showing much gratitude
Fun article, reads like something a junior high student who's just read a copy of the Economist on one particular week would come up with.

DCon

DCon

Prime Minister Brian Cowen and his able finance minister, Brian Lenihan, are prescribing harsh medicine.
I need to go wash my eyes.

LeDroit

Holy Jesus on a rope in Sion. This is like an alternate universe. Is the author in FF? This'll make nice reading in the lodge in the park this morning.

Sync

Look he's respected and beloved by the international community. He's like Christopher Columbus or Michael Flatley. Not appreciated at home, yet an international hero. Ban Ki Moon had better watch his step or a young, fresh candidate may just surprise him.

Aindriu

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the abuse this one is gonna get :lol:

Congalltee

When is the world's most respected leader going to start administering this harsh medicine to actually reduce the deficit instead of blowing it to above 20% GDP? The prescription was written by Colm McCarthy, which when combined with a bit of tough love for the banks, might see us stabilise in time.

LeDroit

When is the world's most respected leader going to start administering this harsh medicine to actually reduce the deficit instead of blowing it to above 20% GDP? The prescription was written by Colm McCarthy, which when combined with a bit of tough love for the banks, might see us stabilise in time.
'In time', for 2012?

Sync

It's on the agenda for the 2012 govt. You just need to give him 5 more years.

DCon

NewsTalk did a vox pop and only 2 people were positive about Cowen. One of them sounded drunk and said that Cowen "can't help his appearance".

Aindriu

Eurocitizen

Brian Cowen is not a good leader ! He is a great leader !

I am looking forward to the normal 5 page report from Tommy O Brien that we would get if these facts were negative towards the great man.

LeDroit

NewsTalk did a vox pop and only 2 people were positive about Cowen. One of them sounded drunk and said that Cowen "can't help his appearance".
No, that was an interview with Cowen himself. ;)

Eurocitizen

Ah Dcon you are really letting yourself down lately, your Taoiseach is the 5th most popular leader in the world and your best shot at these facts is the above!

Please try not make it so obvious ,just do the right thing and think logical .

Sync

Look I hardly think a voxpop counts over what was obviously an indepth statistical investigation into world leaders. You can't argue with science guys. 5th greatest leader in the world. I hope next week they rank the best leaders of all time so we can see where he places there.

Amach na Casca

The Irish aren't showing much gratitude that dole queues are getting longer and its almost impossible to find a job, if you have brought a home recently its deep in negative equity, those that are working are being taxed to the hilt, and that their tax is going into propping up useless zombie banks like Anglo. What a nation of ungrateful bastids we truly are. Embrace the genius that leads our nation will ye.

LeDroit

Like a great artist, he'll be more appreciated when he's dead. By me anyway.

Eurocitizen

The Irish aren't showing much gratitude that dole queues are getting longer and its almost impossible to find a job, if you have brought a home recently its deep in negative equity, those that are working are being taxed to the hilt, and that their tax is going into propping up useless zombie banks like Anglo. What a nation of ungrateful bastids we truly are. Embrace the genius that leads our nation will ye.
What is your point ?

DCon

Ah Dcon you are really letting yourself down lately, your Taoiseach is the 5th most popular leader in the world and your best shot at these facts is the above!

Please try not make it so obvious ,just do the right thing and think logical .
He's not my Taoiseach.

Aindriu

He was 4th a couple of minutes ago. Slipped already Sync?