Brian Cowen says there is no shame in IMF here - This was not the view of FF in 2005

Iarmhi Gael

In 2005 at the Fianna Fail ard fheis they spoke of the embarrassement of money lenders even entering Ireland. This contradicts the picture of what Fianna Fail say today.

Look at this video and see FF gloating. The speech talks about previous emigration, economic oblivion, unemployment - Do not Forget.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkh_UviAyI]YouTube - The Arrogance of Fianna Fail[/ame]

clonycavanman

No shame?
The uninvited arrival of the IMF in our capital yesterday is an indictment of 13 years in government. They finally encountered people on whom denial, bluster and boast don't wash , and who can do something about it.
Outside FF no-one believes this country can pay it's way.
The IMF will be diplomatic, the EU will be sympathetic, but the bottom line is; a country with great opportunities has been appalingly mismanaged.

PAD1OH

people were happy with the government when things were going well and everyone was pulling in massive mortgages buy massive cars and taking loads of holidays.

the irish public are masters of hindsight hypocrisy.

Social Conscience

Instead of the pictures of people begging on the streets of Dublin yesterday that has found its way to many international media outlets, perhaps this clip should be replayed over and over again.

I somehow don't see RTE playing such a clip in case they insult anyway within FF. As Dylan once sang 'The Times They Are a-Changin'..............................

tempest

Well Pat Carey doesn't agree with Cowen, he's had a change of heart after last nights dressing down from Rabbitte ...

Pat Carey apologised for where they have brought the country on this mornings Newstalk Breakfast!!!!

"Cabinet Minister Pat Carey has said he is sorry that the economic situation that has developed has put the country in a very difficult position.

Mr Carey said the Government is prepared to accept the consequences of the decisions they have taken, and they "take full responsibility for whatever happens"."

It comes as a delegation of International Monetary Fund, European Central Bank and European Commission officials get down to work on the details of a possible rescue fund for Ireland.

The Minister for Community Affairs has acknowledged he wishes the situation hadn't arisen:

Read more: Carey apologises for economic crisis | BreakingNews.ie

dresden8

people were happy with the government when things were going well and everyone was pulling in massive mortgages buy massive cars and taking loads of holidays.

Not all of us.

Only the idiots, of which regrettably there are many. But not all of us. I'm prepared to accept that you are one of them.

Berty

Well Pat Carey doesn't agree with Cowen, he's had a change of heart after last nights dressing down from Rabbitte ...

Pat Carey apologised for where they have brought the country on this mornings Newstalk Breakfast!!!!

"Cabinet Minister Pat Carey has said he is sorry that the economic situation that has developed has put the country in a very difficult position.

Mr Carey said the Government is prepared to accept the consequences of the decisions they have taken, and they "take full responsibility for whatever happens"."

It comes as a delegation of International Monetary Fund, European Central Bank and European Commission officials get down to work on the details of a possible rescue fund for Ireland.

The Minister for Community Affairs has acknowledged he wishes the situation hadn't arisen:

Read more: Carey apologises for economic crisis | BreakingNews.ie

Rather Pat Carey is telling us that we have to accept the consequences for what the government has done to us!!!!!!!!!!:(

ICallely

Not all of us.

Only the idiots, of which regrettably there are many. But not all of us. I'm prepared to accept that you are one of them.
Ah, come on!

Please stop slagging each other!

We are all angry, let's not start ripping into each other, save the spleen for those who really deserve it.

Please.

dresden8

Ah, come on!

We are all angry, let's not start ripping into each other, save the spleen for those who really deserve it.

Please.
Idiots who peddle this "we" sh1t should be rooted out and given no comfort or solace.

Marooned

Ah, come on!

Please.
Waffle.

Not everyone ripped this country off or benefitted from the Celtic Tiger at the time. Many operated with control, dod not get credit cards, did not invest at stupid property prices.

Agree with Dresden that the Whole "We" thing is out the window.

Berty

You are correct.
But let's hope that there will be a lesson in this and people will leave the traditional voting behind now and engage in real politics. But I don't think it will ever happen. I hope I am wrong.:eek:

Marooned

59% of the people in 2007 were not happy with the Government - The majority were not happy

Cato

Not all of us were happy, although a very large minority of the population were taken in by them. The gombeen index in this country is sadly high.

For the record I have a modest house, have not taken a holiday abroad in the last five years (excepting my brother's wedding in the UK - 3 days), and the best car I have had during the last 10 years was a 7 year old Jag S-type, since sold after I was made redundant - have never bought a new car.

LowIQ

Biffo is right: There is no shame.
Just anger.

ICallely

Waffle.

Not everyone ripped this country off or benefitted from the Celtic Tiger at the time. Many operated with control, dod not get credit cards, did not invest at stupid property prices.

Agree with Dresden that the Whole "We" thing is out the window.
All I can say, as always: United we stand, divided we fall.

G.

Herky

As we are doling out shame, are any of the 41% of the electorate who voted for FF in 2007 feeling a bit ashamed right now? They are the people who effectively put these gombeens back in power by falling for their bluster and waffle.

Dub guy

Yes, that is true for a lot of people... the ones who voted FF & PD during the bubble... I didn't & I wasn't happy with the economic policies they pursued.
Particularly, in relation to the property market. I castigated an FF candidate on the doorstep in 2002 - his response was ''we can't interfere with the market''. That is exactly what they were doing!! S23 Tax breaks, Hotel tax breaks etc etc.. :mad:

New Threads

Most Replies