• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Brian Crowley on RTE/FF,LLS.

Tomas Mor

The show goes on, Presidential hopeful Brian Crowley on Tubs, RTEFF. After Mama, Wiilie O Dea etc, I thought it might be the Bull's turn, but he may have to wait another week or two. If alternative gov do not take on RTE they may as well give up.

vanla sighs

So, that d*mb f*ck FF'er Brian Crowley is on the Late Late!

Why the f*ck is he on the Late Late? What interest do the vast majority of the people of Ireland have in hearing his sob stories? Is this FF's first tv salvo in the Presidential election to come - from what I've heard they want him as President. F*ck that. No FF'er will get my vote, cripple or not.

Now he's going on about religion....christ. It's a cynical attempt to galvanise public support for a possible Presidential candidate. RTE back in Pravda mode.

bmw1

word is turbandy will be bringing in a medium next wk to chat wit dev and haughey and lemess

Tomas Mor

wonder who Ballsy OÇonnor will have on tomorrow night ,probably Bertie, Bull, Ned O'Keefee maybe

the_rebubblican

word is turbandy will be bringing in a medium next wk to chat wit dev and haughey and lemess
:lol:

Truly brazen and lazy broadcasting, permanently disposed to their political masters who've overseen bulging salaries. I could not believe it when I read it here on P.ie that they'd be so nakedly compliant to FF. Unbelievable. Can't wait for them to be shorn from their self importance when their funding is slashed.
O'Dea, Mammay O'Rourke and now this classless eejit. FFS

oggy

The show goes on, Presidential hopeful Brian Crowley on Tubs, RTEFF. After Mama, Wiilie O Dea etc, I thought it might be the Bull's turn, but he may have to wait another week or two. If alternative gov do not take on RTE they may as well give up.
Its a pointless exercise saying this, but when are you lot in the ABFF going to realise how boring you are. FF play a huge role for all sections of the media and just like internet boards they would die a quick death without FF. All I can say about the ABFF is, drab drab drab !

Tomas Mor

Libero

Vanla sighs said:
Why the f*ck is he on the Late Late?
It's magic!

In fairness, Crowley is an ideal guest for an Irish TV chatshow: recent tragedy has kept him off the airwaves, he's an interesting character and he virtually declared for the Presidency.

What leaves a bad taste is RTÉ light entertainment returning again and again to FF guests, mentioning the downturn and allowing them waffle on as if it's nothing much to do with them and they just want to empathise with the rest of us. And without asking Tubridy to turn into Pat Kenny, it would have been nice to see Ireland's highest profile MEP asked about just what the f--k the European Union plans to do with us. But hey, why not talk about the Blessed Virgin instead...

Tullamore

Its a pointless exercise saying this, but when are you lot in the ABFF going to realise how boring you are. FF play a huge role for all sections of the media and just like internet boards they would die a quick death without FF. All I can say about the ABFF is, drab drab drab !
how refreshing...some real debate please and I agree it is pointless saying this in this limited forum...FF have formulated some very good and it must be admitted some bad policy... but where are the people that voted for FF last time out? Why did they vote FF...we were lagging behind mid election...what did the oppisition propose that failed to bring the prople with them... was their glass half full or half empty...admittedly we are in very different times but lets not forget the good that FF has done too... expecting to be lamblasted on this point...but there is still a FF vote out there

TradCat

Every week we give out about the blatant bias. But neither the opposition nor the rest of the media ever pick up on it. We're not wrong. The bias is there so why no scandal? Are the opposition afraid? Waiting their turn?

breakingnews

FF aside, it was a dull, boring and pointless interview. Late Late is just drivel. I saw bits of it becuase of the political angle, but I can imagine most people were bored stiff watching it.

TommyO'Brien

Every week we give out about the blatant bias. But neither the opposition nor the rest of the media ever pick up on it. We're not wrong. The bias is there so why no scandal? Are the opposition afraid? Waiting their turn?
Fine Gael has repeatedly complained about it, including getting public apologies from RTÉ over various examples. They lodged another complaint over yet another bit of RTÉ bias earlier this week when Prime Time ran a profile of the two three constituencies due by-elections in which they mentioned all the main candidates in Donegal, including a FFer even though FF hasn't formally chosen a candidate there, but in Waterford RTÉ told viewers no major party had chosen candidates even though Fine Gael and I think possibly Labour have chosen candidates, with the Fine Gael candidate, who has been in the field for six months, and is the favourite, not being mentioned at all.

martino

I saw him at a debate on the Lisbon Treaty. All the speakers sat behind a table and spoke from there. Not Brian though, Brian rolls himself out in front of the table and waits a whole minute to start speaking, expecting immediate sympathy from everyone. It was all so awfully contrived it was funny, down to the modest old wheelchair, no extravagant sports model, nothing flashy for our salt-of-the earth Brian, just the bare old NHS standard issue. And then the patronising waffle out of him-cringeworthy stuff. Truly awful.

The Dude

Interesting chat at the moment - can we put together a definitive list of exactly how many Fianna Faillers have been on the late late since Tubridy took over?

Cowen
O'Rourke
O'Dea
Crowley

I'll add

McDaid
Was there someone from FF on about the Dublin Mayor gig?

The Dude

John Gormley in April - not a FF in the strictest sense...and the bauld Bertie this time last year!

Last edited:

oggy

Interesting chat at the moment - can we put together a definitive list of exactly how many Fianna Faillers have been on the late late since Tubridy took over?

Cowen
O'Rourke
O'Dea
Crowley

I'll add

McDaid
Was there someone from FF on about the Dublin Mayor gig?
How about a list of 6 people from the ABFF who would be remotely interesting ? Go on, stick your neck out

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies