Brian Hayes to leave politics!

FunkyBoogaloo

If anyone else paid from the public purse was unavailable to work since being reappointed on a temporary 5 year contract four years later there'd be questions asked by PAC as to what was going on and why the individual was still being paid.

Fianna Fail on the other hand are a law on to themselves when it comes to money.
Yep. A disgusting political party.

FunkyBoogaloo

Catherine Noone?

She’ll have been all round Dublin by then, is a former Seanad Europe spokesperson and probably isn’t going to make the Dáil
I would have thought that after Gray Mitchell FG would think twice about putting a No-one forward for election.

Sync

I would have thought that after Gray Mitchell FG would think twice about putting a No-one forward for election.
That would be the Gay Mitchell who served in the European Parliament for a decade?
Exactly. You stick in people who can't get elected as individuals into a gig where you elect the party. The party's popular so she'll get in.

Erudite Caveman

That would be the Gay Mitchell who served in the European Parliament for a decade?
No, I think he's talking about Gay Mitchell who was TD for Dublin Central for 26 years and topped the poll 4 times and was a junior minister for three years.

Never heard of him.

enby

Assuming Neale Richmond won't get a seat in Dublin Rathdown (and he won't), FG might run him as they put him on media to talk about Brexit quite regularly.

wombat

No, I think he's talking about Gay Mitchell who was TD for Dublin Central for 26 years and topped the poll 4 times and was a junior minister for three years.

Never heard of him.
South Central, I think:lol:

FunkyBoogaloo

Yes... that one. Another FG No-one.

Never heard of him.
Yes indeed. That No-one. :)

Where would we all be without these card-carrying FG-voting mongs to enlighten us when posters make cheap jokes? :lol:

drjimryan2

the presidential fiasco took away from the fact that gay rendered some service to the people of Dublin

Nordie Northsider

Farewell then, Brian Hayes
You spent your youthful days,
Railing against the Shinners,
The Lefties and the whingers,
But banking's better paid.

bogtrotter

Just announced!

Brian Hayes will not stand for re-election.

Appointed Chief Executive of Irish Payments Federation.

Can anyone here assess his contribution as an MEP and former Minister?

No loss to Irish politics, was a self centred egotistic waster...

locke

Where would we all be without these card-carrying FG-voting mongs to enlighten us when posters make cheap jokes? :lol:
When in a corner, an ad hominem attack is always worth a shot.

Anyone who glances at my posting history will be able to tell:-
1) I'm not a supporter of any party
2) My vote tends to float around the Centre Left, with Independents, Labour and The Greens being historically the most likely recipient, although I could be vulnerable to a good Soc Dem candidate
3) I have a bit of a nerdy obsession with the numbers side of elections and I post on that more than on issues in general.

What I can't stand is bullshit and I will quickly counter it, whatever the source.

Uganda

Didnt know that.

Dublin has gone from 3 to 4 seats.

FG and SF will both take a seat.

The other two seats are wide open. Greens,FF,Lab and Sol/PBP will all be desperate to get one.
SF will need more than 6% to get a seat.

I would suggest FG, Green, Sol/PBP for first 3. Then dogfight among FF, 2nd FG and SF for last seat.

Uganda

Assuming Neale Richmond won't get a seat in Dublin Rathdown (and he won't), FG might run him as they put him on media to talk about Brexit quite regularly.
I wouldnt be too sure about him not getting a seat in Rathdown.

3 seats here.

Madigan will take the first. After that a dogfight for the other two between Ross, Martin (Green), McAleese (FF) and Richmond.

If Ross vote declines sufficiently and Richmond holds on to see him go, my money would be on the Green and Richmond.

Happy days of Ross bites the dust.

FunkyBoogaloo

When in a corner, an ad hominem attack is always worth a shot.

Anyone who glances at my posting history will be able to tell:-
1) I'm not a supporter of any party
2) My vote tends to float around the Centre Left, with Independents, Labour and The Greens being historically the most likely recipient, although I could be vulnerable to a good Soc Dem candidate
3) I have a bit of a nerdy obsession with the numbers side of elections and I post on that more than on issues in general.

What I can't stand is bullshit and I will quickly counter it, whatever the source.
Sure. Whatever you say.

You're still managing to tie yourself in knots over a cheap joke. Get over it, and yourself. :)

Degeneration X

We know Brian Crowley does absolutely nothing. He doesn't even turn up... has the worst attendance record.

As far as what they actually do... it's all a charade. There are 11 Irish MEPs out of 751, last time I checked. They have zero influence and are just lining their own pockets.

The EU parliament is a sham.
A very corrupt sham at that.

riker1969

I wish to Thank Brian for his service. I havent always agreed with him or his party politically but I do think he contributed a lot. It was unfortunate for him and many FG ers that they spent so much time in opposition. I also think Richard Bruton left him down by not running an aggressive enough campaign for leadership. He was the only one of the leaders of that attempted coup not to get a ministry.
I know Brian personally. He is very a genuine guy who I think just lost interest in the politics game-and a lot of it is a game- unfortunately.
Best of luck Brian in your future. Fxxxx the begrudgers. Most of your critics on this site never voted FG in their lives so are just using your exit as an opportunity to vent.
And Im not voting FG next election unless they finally get act together on housing or health.

Degeneration X

I wish to Thank Brian for his service. I havent always agreed with him or his party politically but I do think he contributed a lot. It was unfortunate for him and many FG ers that they spent so much time in opposition. I also think Richard Bruton left him down by not running an aggressive enough campaign for leadership. He was the only one of the leaders of that attempted coup not to get a ministry.
I know Brian personally. He is very a genuine guy who I think just lost interest in the politics game-and a lot of it is a game- unfortunately.
Best of luck Brian in your future. Fxxxx the begrudgers. Most of your critics on this site never voted FG in their lives so are just using your exit as an opportunity to vent.
And Im not voting FG next election unless they finally get act together on housing or health.
Like a great majority of the Irish Population.

FunkyBoogaloo

"Lost interest in the politics game"... yet leaving politics for a job specifically lobbying politicians.

Did you think about that before you typed it?

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom