Brian Lenihan 2009 v 2010 - what a difference 9 months make

During the last Budget statement we were told by Brian Lenihan, "The worst is over", "Turned a corner", "making the right choices" and so on.

However 9 months later he has changed his tune, despite countless budgets and hardship for most everyday Irish citizens we are now told to expect tougher budgets ahead.

Clearly we have been lied to, and if they have lied once they will continue to lie and bluff.

The below video shows the lies in 2009 v 2010.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBpiNau-IM]YouTube - Brian Lenihan 2009 v 2010[/ame]

johndodger

I've been saying it for years. Lenihan is FF's master of spin... exemplified by the fact that so many actually believed the nonsence he spouted last year even though the predictions he made in December for January were wrong (he couldn't even get a forcase for 1 month right). Has this man gotten anything right? People are beginning to cop on but for some reason that escapes me some think he's leadership material.

iartaoiseach

he is starting to resemble FF's version of Albert Speer. like Speer he has attempted to delude himself and us that he was somehow different to the rest of them and that he was all the time trying to be decent but like Speer he will not be well thought of after the dust settles. he will be found to have been an insider not a dissenting voice in the wilderness.

invpat

Where are all the FFers, nobody to defend the noble bast sorry barrister

wishywashy

Have the wages of the politicians fallen "in line with our trading partners"? Theres a smell off Lenihans breath from talking out through his arse.

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
Oh right, I was thinking when I read the thread title that it referred to how drastically the public perception of him has changed in such a short space of time. Remember the stuff about him getting the age for being eligable to vote wrong? He is now the darling of the media despite getting the estimate for the final cost of the Anglo bailout wrong by 20bn or so.

councilkid

In all seriousity, how could anyone defend FF with a straight face?
It is incredible that anyone not directly employed by FF could have a good word to say about them. They are like a cancer (not so) slowly destroying the country. Amazing Biffo still has a satisfaction rating above zero really..

iartaoiseach

In all seriousity, how could anyone defend FF with a straight face?
most of them have two faces as far as I can see. I'm FF when it suits me type of stuff a la Mc Daid and friends. It never ceases to amaze me though that they never drop below 20% or so. maybe that's the percentage that did ok out of this mess.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies