Brian Lenihan got it right

flavirostris

Whether lenihan got it right or wrong, the political opposition would have done something similar had they been in office.
That's what FF always say but how can anyone say that for definite? It suits the FF argument to pretend that 't-others wud have been jusht as bad'

gerhard dengler

That's what FF always say but how can anyone say that for definite? It suits the FF argument to pretend that 't-others wud have been jusht as bad'
I don't speak for anyone else.

The opposition would have done something similar to what lenihan did do. L

SuirView

There are plenty of reasons for railing and ranting against Fianna Fáil without this sort of crap.

Cop on.
Don't forget that's it's only poor "hammer".

GDPR

I would probably have kicked Bertie Ahern if his arse had ever been within reach of my foot. Am I guilty of assault?
You wouldn't have the guts if you were actually faced by that great man. He is up there with Parnell and that is how history will record him despite the sneers and slanders of people in the present.

flavirostris

You wouldn't have the guts if you were actually faced by that great man. He is up there with Parnell and that is how history will record him despite the sneers and slanders of people in the present.
There's no way you could mention BA in the same breath as Parnell. Pick any group of 10 corrupt African leaders and that's BA's correct peer group.

GDPR

There's no way you could mention BA in the same breath as Parnell. Pick any group of 10 corrupt African leaders and that's BA's correct peer group.
He more than anyone else was responsible to bringing an end to the low intensity war that was the "Troubles" to an end. That might not be a big deal to you but it is to me. Look I grew up around the DUP and the OO so know what actual corruption, Fianna Fail are a tad venial at times but they aren't corrupt as such. The fact that so many people voted for Fine Gael in the 1990s either out of blood thirst or cruel disregard for Ulster's tears is a strong argument against a united Ireland. Why after he had caught himself do you think that Ian Paisley Mor while he had FFers and Shiners invited to his funeral he didn't have any FG politicians?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
You may or may not be right about what would have happened had I had the opportunity in reality.

History will record Bertie Ahern as the disastrous chancer he was.

My point,however, is that the argument about what the opposition would have done if they'd had the chance is so moot as to be ridiculous.

Do try and stay on topic.

enuffisenuff

We've turned the corner? Once again?

stanley

Ahern spends a lot of time in Nigeria supposedly at Lectures/Conferences, Ahern uses these conduits as a way to legitimise some of his ill-gotten gains, why would one of the most corrupt countries in the World need a stuttering idiot like Ahern mumbling on about a failed Celtic Tiger.

flavirostris

He more than anyone else was responsible to bringing an end to the low intensity war that was the "Troubles" to an end. That might not be a big deal to you but it is to me. Look I grew up around the DUP and the OO so know what actual corruption, Fianna Fail are a tad venial at times but they aren't corrupt as such. The fact that so many people voted for Fine Gael in the 1990s either out of blood thirst or cruel disregard for Ulster's tears is a strong argument against a united Ireland. Why after he had caught himself do you think that while he had FFers and Shiners invited to his funeral he didn't have any FG politicians?
He's dead? I missed this great news..

hammer

Meanwhile, Fianna Fáil members will be asked to challenge any bias it experiences in the media, in particular on social media.
In a booklet to be presented to every member, the party advises it must fight hard to counter fake news in this country highlighting the effect it has had in previous electoral cycles.
It says: “ If you see untrue and unfair attacks against us on social media, call it out and engage directly with those making the claims.
“Social media is also a good way to interact with national and local media broadcast programmes - if you see or hear bias or feel that the Fianna Fáil point of view is going unheard, tell them.”

:) :)

A REASON

Always funny how the blueshirts can criticise ff so easily but somehow forget that they had almost identical policies before, during and after the crash!!!

The blushirts and ff

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

New Threads