• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Brian Lenihan not allowed to make a phone call

An Gilladaker

Is it acceptable that Brian Lenihan cannot make a phone call to find out what stage they are at in the investigation re Anglo Irish and if any charges are pending

(Brian Lenihan said on Newstalk when asked could he not pick up the phone and find out what stage was the investigation at re the investigation at Anglo ]

Last edited:

Bobert

His battery die or something?

loaded32

Is it acceptable that Brian Lenihan cannot make a phone call to find out what stage they are at in the investigation re Anglo Irish and if any charges are pending
Of course...did you not see all the new "White collar" crime laws that they rushed through the Dáil in the last few sessions too!!!! : (

Of course...did you not see all the new "White collar" crime laws that they rushed through the Dáil in the last few sessions too!!!! : (
no....tell me more

anyway we all know none of these cabbages who bankrupted the country will do a stretch or end up homeless and penniless

Yes it is acceptable as let the investigators investigate and report their findings. To ask whether any charges are pending could be seen to suggest to the investigator that there should be charges made even if he/she has uncovered nothing.

If he asks he gets hammered for political interference.

Chrisco

Disappointed again.

I thought you meant he had been arrested.

jmcc

Political interference? It would be best to nail the guilty in Anglo-FF and nail them well. An investigation has to be allowed to run its course and without any perception of political interference. Me - I'd kneecap the lot of them to get as much money as possible back and then dispose of them like a devalued asset.

Regards...jmcc

Bobert

Is he calling sex lines again?

"Tell me about your assets..."

"I have none."

"Oh baby!"

hammer

We are definitely a backward race.

Some idiots out there still believe he didn`t read the Price Waterhouse report that related to Anglo Irish Bank..................................we are fools

inthemire

The da never worried to much about making that call
On mature recollection, I'm not sure if he could remember....

Why does he need to call anyone...won't CAB be investigating the whole sorry mess at som........oh hold on....they are/aren't...some 4-6 months on...now tell me again, WHO is doing the investigating and WHO is being investigated and WHY??

SamVimesBoots

now tell me again, WHO is doing the investigating and WHO is being investigated and WHY??
Ummmm, I think some quango "Office of Corporate Enforcement" or somesuch, wot nobody has ever heard of before and whose legal status is probably questionable, is "investigating" Anglo-Irish, a State-owned gambling house pretending to be a bank, though what real imagined or potential crimes they are actually investigating, or what they have done to gather evidence for this investigation, remains completely unknown, while Anglo staff have remained at large for a year with complete freedom to tamper with or destroy any incriminating evidence for any crimes that may once have existed, and nobody knows whether this "corporate enforcement" crowd have the expertise, personnel or basic competence to even know what to look for if there were any specific crimes they are investigating, and nobody seems too sure about how exactly we get from an "investigation" by a quango to, you know, small matters like arrests, court cases and spells in the clink.....

As usual it's another case of blowing smoke and acting busy to appease the idiot herd that "Something is being Done", while the loot is moved offshore and the bloodstains mopped off the floor.

Rosmuc

Leave poor Brian alone, he is gone on his holidays to Athlone and god help anyone who tries to cross the Shannon to get to him. Auntie will be waiting. :) Ask poor Pee Flynn how he got on when he tried somthing similar.

inthemire

:mrgreen:
Ummmm, I think some quango "Office of Corporate Enforcement" or somesuch, wot nobody has ever heard of before and whose legal status is probably questionable, is "investigating" Anglo-Irish, a State-owned gambling house pretending to be a bank, though what real imagined or potential crimes they are actually investigating, or what they have done to gather evidence for this investigation, remains completely unknown, while Anglo staff have remained at large for a year with complete freedom to tamper with or destroy any incriminating evidence for any crimes that may once have existed, and nobody knows whether this "corporate enforcement" crowd have the expertise, personnel or basic competence to even know what to look for if there were any specific crimes they are investigating, and nobody seems too sure about how exactly we get from an "investigation" by a quango to, you know, small matters like arrests, court cases and spells in the clink.....

As usual it's another case of blowing smoke and acting busy to appease the idiot herd that "Something is being Done", while the loot is moved offshore and the bloodstains mopped off the floor.
:D jaysus, if it wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious. When you list it like it is, it would make you weep.

Finally, who is holding CAB back anyway from doing what they would do if Anglo-Irish Bank had been located in dublin 12/24, a Limerick housing estate or in the border area?

Answers on a 500 Euro note please.....

imsopeedoff

Some links/information on this please. (Or is ignorance bliss as it was for so long?) No, feck it, you'd better tell us! We can't do an ostrich impression for much longer.

An Gilladaker

:mrgreen:
:D jaysus, if it wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious. When you list it like it is, it would make you weep.

Finally, who is holding CAB back anyway from doing what they would do if Anglo-Irish Bank had been located in dublin 12/24, a Limerick housing estate or in the border area?

Answers on a 500 Euro note please.....
Bet you did not get any 500 Euro note's yet and Lenny still has not made that call

I get worse. For some reason I thought that this thread was connected to Rhonda's Thread about mobile phones and shields against radiation.

I was sitting here thinking, well, surely if Rhonda could find out about this SARS thing, then Brian should and then he could make the phone call. But then I suddenly remembered who was in power and realised that it is not a shield against radiation that Brian is looking for. It is a shield, pure and simple, against the truth escaping.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies