• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Brian Lenihan - Under attack in the house of commons

Asparagus

Lenihan the butt of Commons joke - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

BRITAIN'S shadow chancellor appeared to take a swipe at Finance Minister Brian Lenihan yesterday during the House of Commons debate on swingeing spending cutbacks in the UK.
Mr Johnson said: "That was the Irish Minister for Finance last autumn, when he told the Irish parliament that his austerity plan meant they had turned the corner and four months later they slid back into recession."
That's what people think about our jokenomic strategy.

Tomas Mor

Mr. Johnson must have been reading posts here . Would anyone here in our Parilament dare say such a thing about Brian, he is a saint and Mama Rourke might handbag them !

Mushroom

That just shows how slow on the uptake the UK Labour Party is.

Over here we've known for almost 2 years that Bozo is a clueless, articulate spoofer who isn't qualified or competent to be in charge of a kid's piggy bank.

MPB

I would,nt mind but the fool is about to repeat his mistakes. Clever man our MoF.

Rocky

He's right.

It does lead to a larger problem that our government has zero credibility and rightly so. They have been wrong so many times and never right that it would be madness to give them credibility.

We really need an election and a new government so much and every day our government denies us that, is further evidence that they don't care about Ireland.

Econdo

A very stupid remark from the shadow chancellor, a member of the LAB party who were ran out of Government......

Mushroom

A very stupid remark from the shadow chancellor, a member of the LAB party who were ran out of Government......
It's a given that any member of the UK Labour Party is, ipse facto stupid.

But what was "very stupid" about putting one of Bozo's unending stream of lies on the public record in the House of Commons?

flavirostris

:rolleyes:

Predictable that FF'ers would try to portray it as an insult to Ireland rather than the government being the butt of the joke

Squire Allworthy

If the truth hurts then listen and take effective action.

Feeling insulted and sulking solves nothing.

Bebsaboo

It's not told as a joke, it's told as a fact. It's bang on the money though. Lenihan has turned into the Minister who cried growth.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
I think that what the Shadow Chancellor was saying was that Lenihan brought in hair shirt budgets as the IMI, ECB, and International Banks wanted; but it still left the Irish Economy in a Recession. His main plank was to attack the Conservative budgetary strategy and not attack our Finance Minister.

No matter who our Finance Minister is; he will only ever be a puppet. This is a result of the stupid adherents to the easy money policy, demonstrated by the mad rush to free up land for building on, by all our main political parties that characterised the construction industry over the past ten years.

Irish Party Politics as shown up by submissions to this thread is a laugh, not individuals. Our Finance Minister is nolonger is his own man!

DJCB33

Mushroom said:
It's a given that any member of the UK Labour Party is, ipse facto stupid.

But what was "very stupid" about putting one of Bozo's unending stream of lies on the public record in the House of Commons?
No one was run out of office, the torys couldn't even get an overall majority and the lab lib plus the rest were very nearly in power. John Major was run out of office, Biffo and the cute whores soon will be.

Econdo

:rolleyes:

Predictable that FF'ers would try to portray it as an insult to Ireland rather than the government being the butt of the joke
Not at all, I don't see it as an insult nor do I see it as a joke ..... I see it a very STUPID..... given the place that they are in .... they need to cut 85billion pounds in their budget.......and still that may not be enough....

So as I said stupid.....

flavirostris

Not at all, I don't see it as an insult nor do I see it as a joke ..... I see it a very STUPID..... given the place that they are in .... they need to cut 85billion pounds in their budget.......and still that may not be enough....

So as I said stupid.....
How was it stupid to point out Lenihans bluff and incompetence. Only stupid if you're an FF'er

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Well done to Fianna Fail - 20 years of a positive image of Ireland and the Irish in the UK has been reversed overnight. We're now back to being thick gombeens again.

At least Jimmy Cricket will be able to revive his career.

P.

Goldencircle

Very harsh on George Osborne I thought.
Fair play to brave Brian anyway, their isn't much of the front bench left to become international laughing stocks now.
Will 'doing a Lenihan' turn into a common insult do you think, or is it just too below the belt ?

Goldencircle

The day the Irish didn't mind an MP taking the piss out of our government in the commons.
Thanks Fianna Fail

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies