• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Bring Back Brian Kerr

macedo

Faroe Islands 2 Lithuania 1

Well done Brian Kerr. Please come back and make Keane and Co. play proper football. We'll even get them to promise to sit still and watch analysis videos.

Last edited:

mmrebel

I blame John O Shea if he had not missed that sitter in france Kerr would still be here there would have been no staunton and Stephen Ireland and Stephen Reid would be playing all John O Shea's fault.

Frankie Lee

I blame John O Shea if he had not missed that sitter in france Kerr would still be here there would have been no staunton and Stephen Ireland and Stephen Reid would be playing all John O Shea's fault.
I'd imagine Stephen Reid would still have the dodgy legs.

Twin Towers

There was something of the Columbo about him and his accent was suspect around D4. Not that it matters to The Faroes.

dub14

Faroe Islands 2 Lithunia 1

Well done Brian Kerr. Please come back and make Keane and Co. play proper football. We'll even get them to promise to sit still and watch analysis videos.

It's a great story and good luck to him. He'll be a hero up there - they'll appreciate him more than we did !!!

Emerald Green

Stephen Ireland

Seriously though. WTF is this fella at? Surely every kid's dream is to play in the World Cup? For him to make it as a footballer and not want to have the chance to play or give a damn about playing in the World Cup defies understanding. And don't even get me started on why he does not want to play for his country. Is there any precedent for this? He will never live it down in Ireland. When he's an old man, people will know him as the fella who didn't want to play for his country. I'm aware that it's not compulsory, but for fk's sake...

seenitallb4

I always felt Kerr never got a fair go.

alonso

yeh he was hounded over Roy Keane and he never got the respect of either the media who never watch domestic football and perhaps the more senior players didn't really respect him either for the same reason.

Basically if you don't make it in English soccer, either as a player or manager, there is no chance at the Irish job.

But we were sh1t against the Swiss that time. Utter sh1t. Better than Stan alright but not as good as McCarthy, Trap or Charlton

macedo

I'd imagine Stephen Reid would still have the dodgy legs.
Stephen Ireland fell out with Kerr during his under-age days. He wouldn't have been playing for him either.

Herodotus

Kerr is an Irish Trappatoni. We played boring but effective football, I think our record under him was 5 defeats in 33 games, way better than muppet Staunton and about the same as Trap percentage wise.

dub14

Kerr is an Irish Trappatoni. We played boring but effective football, I think our record under him was 5 defeats in 33 games, way better than muppet Staunton and about the same as Trap percentage wise.

A few years ago I was at a function which he spoke at it and I ended up in a group having a few pints (us and not him). He's a really good down to earth genuine fellow who loves his soccer. He showed no bitterness over what had happened with the FAI (although IMO he had every right to be bitter). He was home grown and cheap and a combination of these 2 things meant he was doomed from the start.

Our English bloody premiership obsessed media didn't warm to him. He hadn't plyed his trade over there and therefore how could he be any good? He had only won world honours at youth level but that didn'tcount it seems. Delaney's role in the whole affair was shocking and how he survived both this and the subsequent Stan debacle is beyond me.

We now have the trendy Italian manager but the reality is that we are no better off. We have 16 points tonight in our group - no one will tell me that we wouldn't have at least that if Brian was in charge.

H.R. Haldeman

They'll be dancing in the streets of erm....they'll be dancing in the street of erm....well done Brian!

Rocky

yeh he was hounded over Roy Keane and he never got the respect of either the media who never watch domestic football and perhaps the more senior players didn't really respect him either for the same reason.

Basically if you don't make it in English soccer, either as a player or manager, there is no chance at the Irish job.

But we were sh1t against the Swiss that time. Utter sh1t. Better than Stan alright but not as good as McCarthy, Trap or Charlton
The media are never happy with any manager, Trapp is even getting constantly attacked today as was every single other Irish manager. You can't win with our media, unless I guess you win every match playing exciting football and that isn't going to happen.

In many ways Kerr was unlucky. We weren't far from coming second in our group in 2006 and had Roy Keane been fit against Switzerland we might have won as he was the best player on the pitch against France in Dublin. However that's football, you have to get the results and we didn't and Ireland should have come second in that group as Switzerland and Israel are not great teams, even France didn't look great in the group stages.

Stauton was of course a complete disaster though.

Last edited:

the king

A few years ago I was at a function which he spoke at it and I ended up in a group having a few pints (us and not him). He's a really good down to earth genuine fellow who loves his soccer. He showed no bitterness over what had happened with the FAI (although IMO he had every right to be bitter). He was home grown and cheap and a combination of these 2 things meant he was doomed from the start.

Our English bloody premiership obsessed media didn't warm to him. He hadn't plyed his trade over there and therefore how could he be any good? He had only won world honours at youth level but that didn'tcount it seems. Delaney's role in the whole affair was shocking and how he survived both this and the subsequent Stan debacle is beyond me.

We now have the trendy Italian manager but the reality is that we are no better off. We have 16 points tonight in our group - no one will tell me that we wouldn't have at least that if Brian was in charge.

only a jackeen/west-brit would come out with a stupid statement like that! lol lol lol

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies