Bring back john bruton to dail eireann

stoichkov

bruton is yesterday's man.

re the bertie ahern ad -- the version currently doing the rounds has had his bit chopped out of it.

certainly the last 3-4 times i have seen the advert, he wasn't in it.

ne0ica

You must be joking, Bruton lets get serious we need someone to lead not one of the three Stooges.
I heard he was offered the role of Frankenstein in a Horror film.

hiding behind a poster

Really. Tell me how many FG leaders have won re election. How many have won an overall majority in the Daíl. How man have won an election as the largest party? None. WT Costgrave won an overall majority with Cumman Na Gael.
So is that all you judge your leaders by, winning elections? Your last three leaders resigned in disgrace, and your current leader will resign having bankrupted the country. But you're a FFer, of course, so winning elections is all that matters, and to hell with the country.

Baron von Biffo

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

The handlers are keeping Kenny out of the public eye apart from unavoidable Dail set pieces.

The Brutes know that the more he's seen the less the public likes him so they need to lure him back out into the light. Yet another bad poll rating and Baby Brute could be back in with a shot at No.1.

Enter Brute Senior making all sorts of statesman like statements. Suddenly interviewers are asking if he intends to re-enter Irish politics. He giggles girlishly and denies he has any such ambitions. And of course he's sincere. The mere fact of being asked makes poor Kenny look bad by comparison.

How long before our hero loads up the luger, strides into the Travellers Friend and has a pop at his foot.

:)

ne0ica

So is that all you judge your leaders by, winning elections? Your last three leaders resigned in disgrace, and your current leader will resign having bankrupted the country. But you're a FFer, of course, so winning elections is all that matters, and to hell with the country.
I'm not a FFer. FG is pathetic excuse of a party. Even in the worst crisis the nation has faced since the civil war, FG languishes in the polls. FG should disband and allow a proper nationalist centre right party to takes its place.

Bleu Poppy

I can't see the point of having him in he Dail unless it's to led FG. He's probably the best leader the country had since Lemass, but it's a case of "been there, done that". I'd prefer to see him as the FG Presidential candidate.
+1 on your two latter points.

gweedore

I really hope john bruton will run in meath east in the next election, he is very respected by all the young Fg tds. once back in the dail he could be Taiseach again in a year or two.
reminds me of kenny the emperor effect trying to be a leader too much

Bleu Poppy

Really. Tell me how many FG leaders have won re election. How many have won an overall majority in the Daíl. How man have won an election as the largest party? None. WT Costgrave won an overall majority with Cumman Na Gael.
How many MaFFia leaders have had an overall majority? In what years and for how long?

The last MaFFia man to have an overall majority was 'Honest[?]' Jack Lynch who bankrupted the country's coffers through the best efforts of Martin O'Donoghue, et al, could nor win a single bye-election, doubled the numbers of unemployed...in only two years, before being thrown out. Some record.

Bleu Poppy

I'm not a FFer. FG is pathetic excuse of a party. Even in the worst crisis the nation has faced since the civil war, FG languishes in the polls. FG should disband and allow a proper nationalist centre right party to takes its place.
Languishing in the polls perhaps because of the unreasoning "they're all the same" crappola thrown out in lazy unthinking fashion by those, like you, who swallow whole the history of the State as presented by the MaFFia since the 1930's.

Get out there and read a few books and see what has been achieved on a long term basis for this country by F.G. who consistently put country before party, the common good of the people before that of the Taca man.

Estragon

I really hope john bruton will run in meath east in the next election, he is very respected by all the young Fg tds. once back in the dail he could be Taiseach again in a year or two.
Someone's going to be along here with the excruciating Prince Charles video shortly.

justme1

Bring back John Bruton??
Yes that's the way forward for us a country with most of the population under the age of 35 yrs,why is it that we keep looking for people who have creamed of the system (FF and FG are two sides of the one coin,don't kid yourself there not) who are in their late 50's and 60's and 70's.
How are we going to progress as a country by using the same worn out polititions time after bloody time.
Every day i hear a name like John Bruton etc.. mentioned in the hope he will come back and sort things out,stop this nonsense he (and every other person that people cry out for to come back) is part of the old gaurd of which we need as a country to get rid of.
We have to look at the younger politician's that are out there now and there are plenty not just Lucinda and Leo,i don't care which party they come from but the one thing i thought we could gain from the utter mess this country is in is that the old gaurd politition's would be gone!!!

ne0ica

How many MaFFia leaders have had an overall majority? In what years and for how long?

The last MaFFia man to have an overall majority was 'Honest[?]' Jack Lynch who bankrupted the country's coffers through the best efforts of Martin O'Donoghue, et al, could nor win a single bye-election, doubled the numbers of unemployed...in only two years, before being thrown out. Some record.
Thats says even more about FG than FF. Imagine after all that FG still came second to FF.

Last edited:

king5494

Bring back John Bruton??
Yes that's the way forward for us a country with most of the population under the age of 35 yrs,why is it that we keep looking for people who have creamed of the system (FF and FG are two sides of the one coin,don't kid yourself there not) who are in their late 50's and 60's and 70's.
How are we going to progress as a country by using the same worn out polititions time after bloody time.
Every day i hear a name like John Bruton etc.. mentioned in the hope he will come back and sort things out,stop this nonsense he (and every other person that people cry out for to come back) is part of the old gaurd of which we need as a country to get rid of.
We have to look at the younger politician's that are out there now and there are plenty not just Lucinda and Leo,i don't care which party they come from but the one thing i thought we could gain from the utter mess this country is in is that the old gaurd politition's would be gone!!!
+1 . but also can we not elect more egotistic idiots and elect some selfless passionate nationalists with some logical thinking to boot?

I can Dream can't I?

ne0ica

+1 . but also can we not elect more egotistic idiots and elect some selfless passionate nationalists with some logical thinking to boot?

I can Dream can't I?
Bruton wants Ireland to rejoin a federated United Kingdom. Hes a Unionist not a Nationalist.

king5494

Bruton wants Ireland to rejoin a federated United Kingdom. Hes a Unionist not a Nationalist.
I think Richards ok but John's a lapdog.

Keep around a dozen TDs and bring in people with real life experience not silver spoon.

karldaly

Yeah!
Just what the country needs at the present time.
Another has-been stumble-bum like 'rent-a-crowd-Dukes.'
Gimme a break.
"Bruton wants Ireland to rejoin a federated United Kingdom. Hes a Unionist not a Nationalist"

No.
Bruton got himself elected as chairman of the International Financial Services Centre – which has a six-figure salary, on top of his Taoiseach's pension, TD's pension, Eu ambassadors pension (it would be interesting to hear him state publicly what ALL his pensions amount to) and free state car + 2 drivers for life.
Bruton, with the backing of the 'vampire squid' Sutherland,
Chairman of Goldman Sachs International Was - Until Last Year - Also Chairman of BP → Washington's Blog
is one of the main drivers of the coalition idea between FF and FG after the next election so that the criminal bankers will continue to be protected from prosecution.

Bruton is a man with his snout DEEP in the trough, Me Feiners like this we can certainly do without in Ireland's future.

Right is right

Thats says even more about FG than FF. Imagine after all that FG still came second to FF.
Yeah it showed in the 87 election when FF ran on the policy of cuts were bad and FG ran that they had to be done and once election was over FF basically implemented the FG policies.
In 97 election FF ran on a payback platform of promising tax cuts and spending increases and FG ran on a policy of steady as she goes.

Just shows that the Irish public are so dumb that they will support the party that will promise the most even though it isn't the right thing to do or what.

Same way that they still voted in FF in 02 and 07 no matter what had been happening...

DuineEile

Yeah it showed in the 87 election when FF ran on the policy of cuts were bad and FG ran that they had to be done and once election was over FF basically implemented the FG policies.
In 97 election FF ran on a payback platform of promising tax cuts and spending increases and FG ran on a policy of steady as she goes.

Just shows that the Irish public are so dumb that they will support the party that will promise the most even though it isn't the right thing to do or what.

Same way that they still voted in FF in 02 and 07 no matter what had been happening...

The people didn't vote FF in 07.

Before that election there was Fianna Fáil, the PD's and the "Fianna Fáil gene pool" independents on one side and the Opposition on the other side.

The Opposition won the election (go back and look at the numbers) but Kenny was too stupid to realise the position he was in and immediately ruled out even accepting Sinn Féin votes for him as Taoiseach or meeting Sinn Féin. The idiot thought he could form a Govt. without SF votes.

Reasons why we have a FF Govt. Because Kenny doesn't know what victory is like. Don't underestimate his ability to fu(k it up next time either.

D

hiding behind a poster

650,000 people share FG's opinion. How many share yours?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies