Bring back john bruton to dail eireann

Baron von Biffo

Yeah it showed in the 87 election when FF ran on the policy of cuts were bad and FG ran that they had to be done and once election was over FF basically implemented the FG policies.
In 97 election FF ran on a payback platform of promising tax cuts and spending increases and FG ran on a policy of steady as she goes.

Just shows that the Irish public are so dumb that they will support the party that will promise the most even though it isn't the right thing to do or what.

Same way that they still voted in FF in 02 and 07 no matter what had been happening...
If you consistently fail to defeat a poor opponent, what does it say about you?

culmore

fianna Failures called him Brutal Bruton but he is a saint compaired to what they gave us since and even now

florin

Really. Tell me how many FG leaders have won re election. How many have won an overall majority in the Daíl. How man have won an election as the largest party? None. WT Costgrave won an overall majority with Cumman Na Gael.
Says it all really. FF's sole function is to win and maintain power.

Damien45

I can't see the point of having him in he Dail unless it's to led FG. He's probably the best leader the country had since Lemass, but it's a case of "been there, done that". I'd prefer to see him as the FG Presidential candidate.
Are you having a laugh? Dick Springs puppet?
This is the same 'Taoiseach' who said "F**k the peace process" to a reporter at a race meeting!

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Are you having a laugh? Dick Springs puppet?
Nonsense, saying that Bruton was Spring's puppet is like saying Ahern was Harney's puppet or Cowen is Gormley's puppet. When you lead a coalition government, some of the policies that you introduce come from the junior party and indeed many have argued that Spring had far more influence under Reynolds than undr Bruton.

This is the same 'Taoiseach' who said "F**k the peace process" to a reporter at a race meeting!
Wrong again. What he said was "I am sick of answering questions about the ************************************g peace process." He was right, although the language was inappropriate and he apologised. There were far more important things going on in this country that just the government's role in the peace process in N.I.

anewbeginning

I really hope john bruton will run in meath east in the next election, he is very respected by all the young Fg tds. once back in the dail he could be Taiseach again in a year or two.
+1

One of the best, if not the best Taoiseach in the history of the state. The economic record of that government stands head and shoulders above any other, the first to achieve a budget surplus. He had many more achievements too and kept together a rainbow government, without doing a Bertie on it and buying off everyone in sight.

Unfortunately this is Ireland, where the people chose an incompetent chancer like Bertie over someone competent like Bruton. Oh if only Bruton had been given another 5 years, imagine the great country we'd be today, instead of the mafia run state we have become.

In any case the Irish people are idiots and will always vote the way their masters in the Sindo tell them. So the people have no-one to blame but themselves for the current mess.

Desperate Dan

Nonsense, saying that Bruton was Spring's puppet is like saying Ahern was Harney's puppet or Cowen is Gormley's puppet. When you lead a coalition government, some of the policies that you introduce come from the junior party and indeed many have argued that Spring had far more influence under Reynolds than undr Bruton.

Wrong again. What he said was "I am sick of answering questions about the ************************************g peace process." He was right, although the language was inappropriate and he apologised. There were far more important things going on in this country that just the government's role in the peace process in N.I.
What was more important than the peace process to concern the Three Stooges.

hiding behind a poster

What was more important than the peace process to concern the Three Stooges.
Maybe buiilding the economy, producing the first budget surplus in 25 years, creating a thousand jobs a week, highest growth rate in Europe - you know, little things like that.

Bridget558

Listening to john bruton on the news at one just now he is a good public speaker who tells the truth, I cant believe the irish people voted him out of office and replaced him with that criminal Bertie Ahern

Desperate Dan

He sang his usual tune - "Don't touch business, screw ordinary families for twice as much tax."
That's why he got f!!!!d out by the voters last time. The time before he tried to put VAT on childrens shoes. We don't need right wing ass!!!!s like that, we have enough clowns in the Dail at the moment. Let him take a hike back to his lavish big farmhouse, he won't be feeling the cutbacks with all his lavish pensions. :):):eek:

sport02

He actually sounded very genuine and dis-heartened with what was going on.
Certainly sounded far more statesman like than Cowen.

Desperate Dan

Maybe buiilding the economy, producing the first budget surplus in 25 years, creating a thousand jobs a week, highest growth rate in Europe - you know, little things like that.
Don't forget he and his mates were handy with the Mobiles

G

Gimpanzee

Don't forget he and his mates were handy with the Mobiles
He's not much of a mate the way he sacked Lowry as soon as there was a whiff off him. Didn't want to know him after that. What a bast@ard. Bert would never do that to one of his mates.

bprob

He sang his usual tune - "Don't touch business, screw ordinary families for twice as much tax."
more rubbish from biffo
you're like your namesake: you try to sound authoritative by using quotation marks, like brian bleats on spouting the same nonsense over and over again, thinking repetition = proof/truth

quote anything from that interview that backs up what you just posted.

its your stock in trade tactic on here, and everytime you are challenged to produce a quote, you disappear, because your arguments are as empty as a FF ethics guide

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies