Brisbane Lesbian Couple Expecting Quintuplets

Halo

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
God help the children of the future or at least some of them that have to endure walking in on daddy pumping daddy in the bum when him or her is only 7years old.

A grotesque social experiment with serious consequences for the mental well being of our future children.
Wait you think gay couples are more likely let their children see them having sex?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Wait you think gay couples are more likely let their children see them having sex?
Wait it's worse. You seem to be suggesting that childeren are being deliberately exposed to their parents having sex, as some sort of experiment?

Halo

Wait it's worse. You seem to be suggesting that childeren are being deliberately exposed to their parents having sex, as some sort of experiment?
So having two men raising a girl and a boy from infancy is not some sort of sick ultra liberal experiment with no regard for the social and psychological consequences of the children?

corelli

So having two men raising a girl and a boy from infancy is not some sort of sick ultra liberal experiment with no regard for the social and psychological consequences of the children?
Have you a similar difficulty with two women raising a child?

PS, there is no peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence (which is the convincing kind, scientifically) that children of same sex parents fair any worse than those of opposite sex parents. The only evidence of that sort would show that children of single parents fair worse.

Halo

PS, there is no peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence (which is the convincing kind, scientifically) that children of same sex parents fair any worse than those of opposite sex parents. The only evidence of that sort would show that children of single parents fair worse.
it would be detrimental to the childs psychological well being.

gays im my opinion should share the same rights as all heterosexual couples but this one is a step to far which will lead to lot of fecked up children.

and yes, i share the same degree of difficulty with two women raising a child as i do with two men in a similar situation.

USER1234

There is actually peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence, a new study done on the families of lesbian parents which found Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers The finding is based on 78 children who were all born to lesbian couples who used donor insemination to become pregnant and were interviewed and tested at age 17.

The new tests have left no doubt as to the success of these couples as parents, says Nanette Gartrell at the University of California, San Francisco, who has worked on the study since it began in 1986.

Source: Newscientist.com - Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers

+ all of the other peer reviewed studies have come up (but you refuse to accept) with the same result that children of same sex parents fair no worse than those of opposite sex parents

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Ok you're backing away from my question about letting children see the parents having sex. By that I presume you realise the idiocy of what you said and wish to withdraw it. Fair enough we'll drop it.

On the subject of same sex parenting, I'm trying to figure out how it is worse than single parenting. Surely 2 parents are better than one? My father died at an early age and I'd say my family suffered for the want of a bit more parenting, not to mention my mother's attempts to both raise us and earn some money, without either help or any love or affection.

A close relation of mine was left single with 3 children. Since she entered a stable relationship with another woman, she's happier, the children are happier, and everyone is better off.
A sick ultra liberal experiment??? Maybe the sickness you percieve is coming from within.

Halo

There is actually peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence, a new study done on the families of lesbian parents which found Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers The finding is based on 78 children who were all born to lesbian couples who used donor insemination to become pregnant and were interviewed and tested at age 17.

The new tests have left no doubt as to the success of these couples as parents, says Nanette Gartrell at the University of California, San Francisco, who has worked on the study since it began in 1986.

Source: Newscientist.com - Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers

+ all of the other peer reviewed studies have come up (but you refuse to accept) with the same result that children of same sex parents fair no worse than those of opposite sex parents

is there any studies done on two men raising a child?

corelli

Thats interesting, though I would have thought 78 was quite a low sample.

I am not too sure what your last comment, prefixed by the "+", means. I don't have any difficulty accepting that gay and straight couples children don't fare differently. I said there was no evidence to support a claim that they did differ.

corelli

it would be detrimental to the childs psychological well being.

gays im my opinion should share the same rights as all heterosexual couples but this one is a step to far which will lead to lot of fecked up children.

and yes, i share the same degree of difficulty with two women raising a child as i do with two men in a similar situation.
And I am simply saying that you are basing those opinions on bigotry or prejudice, given there is no evidence to support the view, whatsoever. Being in a different family structure is not axiomatic with adverse psychological effects.

bob3344

Thats interesting, though I would have thought 78 was quite a low sample.
78 is a ridiculously low number, especially given the amount of time you hear the 'endless studies have PROVEN that gay parents are better than hetrosexual parents' mantra.

Is there another study involving more people than your average shampoo commercial ?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Interestingly, the homophobic argument seems to consist entirely of "This shouldn't be allowed because I think it's sick! Euuughhh!", wheras the other side seem to have all the statistics and research on their side.

Halo

Ok you're backing away from my question about letting children see the parents having sex. By that I presume you realise the idiocy of what you said and wish to withdraw it. Fair enough we'll drop it.

On the subject of same sex parenting, I'm trying to figure out how it is worse than single parenting. Surely 2 parents are better than one? My father died at an early age and I'd say my family suffered for the want of a bit more parenting, not to mention my mother's attempts to both raise us and earn some money, without either help or any love or affection.

A close relation of mine was left single with 3 children. Since she entered a stable relationship with another woman, she's happier, the children are happier, and everyone is better off.
A sick ultra liberal experiment??? Maybe the sickness you percieve is coming from within.
I will spell it out for you again then. Most children will have at some stage heard their parents having sex or accidentally walked in on them.

How can it be of the betterment to the child if the scene is one of daddy feckin daddy in the arse or daddy crying for daddy to give him more?

USER1234

78 is a ridiculously low number,
To you maybe, but it is enough to prove it in a a manner that is accepted in the scientific community by peer reviewing

especially given the amount of time you hear the 'endless studies have PROVEN that gay parents are better than heterosexual parents' mantra.
Nobody has said that PROVEN that gay parents are better than heterosexual parents they have said that PROVEN that gay parents are just as good as heterosexual parents

Is there another study involving more people than your average shampoo commercial ?
Be a smartass all you want does not change the facts!!!

Halo

and most of the posters are worried about the children on here.

its the pro gay lobby that are worried about their liberal ideology and back up their theory with surveys done on 78people and half baked notions that sure it 'most likely' the whole idea will be a success....

bob3344

wheras the other side seem to have all the statistics and research on their side.
Yeah, a whole 78 people compared to what ? Billions of hetrosexual parents over time ?

Yeah, you've got the stats alright LOL.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I will spell it out for you again then. Most children will have at some stage heard their parents having sex or accidentally walked in on them.

How can it be of the betterment to the child if the scene is one of daddy feckin daddy in the arse or daddy crying for daddy to give him more?
You think about this a lot do you?
When you grow up and have children of your own, as I do, you will realise the full idiocy of what you are saying.
My wife and I would certainly not have audible sex when the children are within hearing range.
If by some terrible mishap they caught us in flagrante, shouting obscenities at each other, no doubt it would be traumatic for them. It's to be avoided.
Whether it would be worse if such an incident happened with same-sex parents depends on whether the children are homophobic, which is less likely considering their upbringing.

You are either hateful or ignorant. Let's hope it's the latter as it is easier to cure.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies