Brit soldiers involved in the Ballymurphy massacre put money in a kitty for the soldier who killed the most

Mickeymac

The "civilians" were on a recce to plant a car bomb to blow up a band and tourists so hardly innocent and the IRA
The SAS were told the bombers had a remote detonator on them so no mercy was shown not that the IRA were known for that so complaining you weren't given a chance to surrender is a bit rich.

Do you have credible evidence (not Sun newspaperπŸ˜‚) to back up your statements above?

McSlaggart

Those were for War Crimes.

The Provos were jailed for murder and arson and GBH and Criminal Damage and causing explosions.

The Germans weren't taken to court for killing soldiers or bombing cities.

There is a difference between criminals like the Provos and combatants in a war.

The Geneva Convention makes it quite clear.
FYI:

"Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. "

Wikipedia

bang bang

Oh they killed innocent people on occasion.

But unlike Republican terrorists it was not their raison d'etre.
On occasion? The British have in their ignoble history butchered millions of innocent people the world over. I won't dignify the second part with a response.

death or glory

You being a republican apologist, who cares what your response is anyway.
Any you can sure of hell bet his response wouldn't have any dignity.

omgsquared

Save your crocodile tears.
Both you and I know the RA and Gerry were active in Ballymurphy at the time. Innocent people were killed but it was a battle between 2 factions. If there hadn't been gun battles and riots, it wouldn't have happened.
There would never have been any violence if the Taigs and/or the IRA had not started protesting and resisting benevolent Unionist Rule.

Just lie down , take the shit , remain as second class citizens , bend over and take it . just as Gay Byrne and the other shoneen pr,,, told you to do,,

Actually that is what the entire country, nay the entire British Empire/ world should have done. , Do as the Brits ask and then there would never have been any violence. S

So there would have been no troubles in places like Cyprus, Aden , Sri Lanka , Zimbabwe, RSA , Sudan , Libya , Uganda, the Middle East etc etc etc.

Dame_Enda

It was barbaric, especially the shooting of the woman three times. Shades of the Black and Tans.

death or glory

There would never have been any violence if the Taigs and/or the IRA had not started protesting and resisting benevolent Unionist Rule.

Just lie down , take the shit , remain as second class citizens , bend over and take it . just as Gay Byrne and the other shoneen pr,,, told you to do,,

Actually that is what the entire country, nay the entire British Empire/ world should have done. , Do as the Brits ask and then there would never have been any violence. S

So there would have been no troubles in places like Cyprus, Aden , Sri Lanka , Zimbabwe, RSA , Sudan , Libya , Uganda, the Middle East etc etc etc.
Correct,
Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Observer B

Correct,
Wow, that comment reeks of ignorance, you are over looking the fact that about 1 million people died in Ireland in the 1840s while our British rulers oversaw the exportation of food from Ireland to feed their imperial army abroad.

Much more recently in 1943, 2 to 3 million people died in a famine in India, when the British exported food from Bengal to feed the army in Burma.

Why the fcuk would anyone want their country to be ruled by Britain?

AhNowStop

Correct,
Poor dopey's having a nightmare lads & lassies ... his pathetic DUP are being flung under bus after bus after bus and he's not handling it well the poor wee cratur ...

btw hows that hard border in Ireland you were boasting about coming along dopey :unsure: .... oh wait i forgot, the Conservative & "Unionist" :rolleyes: πŸ˜‚ party are putting it in the Oirish Sea instead arent they πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah ye gotta laugh eh dopey lad ;)

Mickeymac

Poor dopey's having a nightmare lads & lassies ... his pathetic DUP are being flung under bus after bus after bus and he's not handling it well the poor wee cratur ...

btw hows that hard border in Ireland you were boasting about coming along dopey :unsure: .... oh wait i forgot, the Conservative & "Unionist" :rolleyes: πŸ˜‚ party are putting it in the Oirish Sea instead arent they πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah ye gotta laugh eh dopey lad ;)

Many in the six counties are now appearing to realise that the DUPlicious party are the most inept politicians in the false statelet so don't be surprised if the sane and sensible voters there tell them that in January elections which now appear certain according to what I have been told today.

AhNowStop

Many in the six counties are now appearing to realise that the DUPlicious party are the most inept politicians in the false statelet so don't be surprised if the sane and sensible voters there tell them that in January elections which now appear certain according to what I have been told today.
Alas plenty of their bitter support would still vote for them "no matter what" they do or how corrupt & pathetic they are ..

Mickeymac

Alas plenty of their bitter support would still vote for them "no matter what" they do or how corrupt & pathetic they are ..

I was hoping that there were not too many like the examples we experience on here sir.;)

AhNowStop

I was hoping that there were not too many like the examples we experience on here sir.;)
Pragmatic unionists will disown them .. as for the rest they could totally incompetent, be caught ripping off the system to line their own pockets at their voters expense and take multiple free holidays Etc... and the sheep would still vote for them .... ... actually come to think of it .... :eek: :unsure: :rolleyes:

NMunsterman

Correct,
The DUP should have taken heed of your advice.
They threw away the gun they had to the British government's head - and now the British Tory party are dumping on them in public.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom