• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

British Legion Declining

ArtyisBack

D-DAY FOR LEGION - Local - Coleraine Times

I must admit that this welcome news came as a bit of a surprise to me. I thought that the loyal citizens of Coleraine would be more supportive however the piece suggests that this is a general decline. Perhaps this is the reason behind the poppy fascism, less support from ordinary people?

Billy the Prod

D-DAY FOR LEGION - Local - Coleraine Times

I must admit that this welcome news came as a bit of a surprise to me. I thought that the loyal citizens of Coleraine would be more supportive however the piece suggests that this is a general decline. Perhaps this is the reason behind the poppy fascism, less support from ordinary people?
You've made it more than obvious that you are an anti-British, anti-Protestant sectarian bigot who hides behind a pious, holier than thou facade. There really is no need to keep reminding us.

And lots of Irishmen died in both world wars. You should be wearing the poppy as a mark of respect to your fellow countrymen who made the ultimate sacrifice in WWI for Irish independence.

But no, you'd rather just keep on hating the Brits, cos you're a bigot.

theloner

You've made it more than obvious that you are an anti-British, anti-Protestant sectarian bigot who hides behind a pious, holier than thou facade. There really is no need to keep reminding us.

And lots of Irishmen died in both world wars. You should be wearing the poppy as a mark of respect to your fellow countrymen who made the ultimate sacrifice in WWI for Irish independence.

Get a grip.

ArtyisBack

I do not hate the Briits - they do not deserve that level of emotion. And I am not respectful of the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of England who killed here with impunity

Levellers

These particular British legion clubs are just drinking places along with the likes of the working men's clubs in the north of England.

I wouldn't get worked up about it.

Billy the Prod

I do not hate the Briits - they do not deserve that level of emotion. And I am not respectful of the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of England who killed here with impunity
What about the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of Ireland who butchered and slaughtered British settlers in their droves in 1641, and in every other Irish uprising that followed? Or do you have classic convenient selective memory like every other Irish Republican?

ArtyisBack

What about the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of Ireland who butchered and slaughtered British settlers in their droves in 1641, and in every other Irish uprising that followed? Or do you have classic convenient selective memory like every other Irish Republican?
Surely you mean the brave heroes of 1641 who reclaimed their country from the invaders who slaughtered?

between the bridges

RBL crowd are generally older generation and as such have a naturally reducing membership, the more successful one's have projects to involve the younger generation.

Billy the Prod

I don't - Anyway - any comments on the RBL?
Yes. Do you know what is worse than an organisation set up to help serving members of the British Armed Forces, ex-Service men, women and their families, now and for the rest of their lives? A church which is effectively the largest organised paedophile ring in the world, and whose footsoldiers ie. nuns and priests, have psychologically, emotionally, physically and sexually abused Catholic children throughout the ages, and behind a façade of sanctimonious piousness.

ArtyisBack

Yes. Do you know what is worse than an organisation set up to help serving members of the British Armed Forces, ex-Service men, women and their families, now and for the rest of their lives? A church which is effectively the largest organised paedophile ring in the world, and whose footsoldiers ie. nuns and priests, have psychologically, emotionally, physically and sexually abused Catholic children throughout the ages, and behind a façade of sanctimonious piousness.
As opposed to an erastian Chruch who was set up to serve the interests of the English tyrant and his odious daughter and their armies and have remained true to that calling ever since and to this day provide religious cover for their murderous policies around the globe. On the scale of vileness I know which is worse, hopefully we will see the end of the RBL and the succour they give to the evil that is British policy of invasion and enslavement.

between the bridges

As opposed to an erastian Chruch who was set up to serve the interests of the English tyrant and his odious daughter and their armies and have remained true to that calling ever since and to this day provide religious cover for their murderous policies around the globe. On the scale of vileness I know which is worse, hopefully we will see the end of the RBL and the succour they give to the evil that is British policy of invasion and enslavement.
good one arty! lmfao.

Billy the Prod

I'm no supporter of British empire or imperialism, British hands are far from clean. But to suggest that the Protestant Church was created to lend cover and legitimacy to British colonial endeavours is to slide off the scale of credibility.

The RC church have inflicted a fair amount of pain on Irish Catholics, a pain which hitherto they have been unwilling to admit; instead preferring to attempt to brush their misdemeanours under the carpet. The carpet has been lifted and your crimes against humanity exposed, and still you feckers are intent on carrying on as per usual with your pious, sanctimonious attitude, refusing to release your grip on the power which you have traditionally wielded over the docile Catholic people.

The RC church is a vile cesspit of sexual perversion, cruelty and debauchery, and its priests should have their backs against the wall.

Glaucon

A church which is effectively the largest organised paedophile ring in the world, and whose footsoldiers ie. nuns and priests, have psychologically, emotionally, physically and sexually abused Catholic children throughout the ages, and behind a façade of sanctimonious piousness.
Silly, sectarian comment. The RC Church has had a lot of cases of exposed peadophile priests, and undoubtedly more that went unexposed, but to say that it is a peadophile ring is absurd. Most priests are decent men, even if I cannot agree with almost any of their theological beliefs.

If the RC Church is as you say, then what of the likes of the BBC?

between the bridges

Silly, sectarian comment. The RC Church has had a lot of cases of exposed peadophile priests, and undoubtedly more that went unexposed, but to say that it is a peadophile ring is absurd. Most priests are decent men, even if I cannot agree with almost any of their theological beliefs.

not really Ivan isn't a prod...

RedCloud

it must be Tuesday......Troll Gone Fishing Day :)

*stop biting* :)

Billy the Prod

Priests are not decent men. Even if they are not busy buggering children, they are responsible for the subjugation of their parishioners with religious BS. All organised religion is messed up, but the RC church just go the extra mile with attempting to exert power and control over people. Power which they have blatantly abused.

And the BBC has f*** all to do with the RC church, but nice try at a Jimmy Saville red herring.

Glaucon

Priests are not decent men. Even if they are not busy buggering children, they are responsible for the subjugation of their parishioners with religious BS. All organised religion is messed up, but the RC church just go the extra mile with attempting to exert power and control over people. Power which they have blatantly abused.

And the BBC has f*** all to do with the RC church, but nice try at a Jimmy Saville red herring.
There's something seriously wrong with you.

Popular Threads

Most Replies