British MP Brands Irish Minister As A 'Unionist'

between the bridges

A British MP from the Shin Flake party has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist"...

Sinn Fein MP Chris Hazzard has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist" after the minister said the argument for Irish unity should not be combined with Brexit.

On Twitter Mr Flanagan said that "conflating Brexit with Irish unity is unhelpful and misguided".

In response to the Tweet Sinn Fein's South Down MP said that Mr Flanagan was a "unionist".

"His response to growing demand for Irish unity is entirely predictable, he wants to protect the status quo," Mr Hazzard wrote.

After criticism of his Tweet Mr Flanagan said that he stood "four-square behind the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement".

Sinn Fein in unity row - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Is there anyone the flaking by ourselves alone party hasn't fallen out with? And imagine stooping so low as to brand anywan as a 'unionists', shocking stuff...

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Probably has summat to do with him wearing a Poppy too.

AhNowStop

A British MP from the Shin Flake party has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist"...

Sinn Fein MP Chris Hazzard has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist" after the minister said the argument for Irish unity should not be combined with Brexit.

On Twitter Mr Flanagan said that "conflating Brexit with Irish unity is unhelpful and misguided".

In response to the Tweet Sinn Fein's South Down MP said that Mr Flanagan was a "unionist".

"His response to growing demand for Irish unity is entirely predictable, he wants to protect the status quo," Mr Hazzard wrote.

After criticism of his Tweet Mr Flanagan said that he stood "four-square behind the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement".

Sinn Fein in unity row - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Is there anyone the flaking by ourselves alone party hasn't fallen out with? And imagine stooping so low as to brand anywan as a 'unionists', shocking stuff...

ffs lad really :roll: .... is this really all ye can come up with to try and deflect away from your fellow crackpot unionist DUPlicitous party who are currently doing a thoroughly sterling job in highlighting to the British just how big a bunch of loony bins they are and convincing them of just how much they'd love to get rid of them once and for all ....... you have a lot bigger things to worry about son but aye sure fill yer boots with this sorta stuff instead :) lmfao

crackpots are funny :?

between the bridges

Tis it a bird? nah, tis it a Plane? nah, tis super drone...

Levellers

The unionist gammons know they are about to be betrayed again.

May has given them sugared words and their squeals when the knife is applied will be off the scale.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Eh? which wan? Anywho wan can hardly criticize a British MP or a 'unionist' for wearing a poppy...
Flanagan. The Shinners don't like him especially since he criticised them for wearing the Lily at Easter.

between the bridges

mangaire1

when I saw the thread title, I was wondering who was the "British ………...… ahem …...…...MP"
Jacob Rees ………. ahem ……….. Mogg, or some such swivel eyed ol geezer !!!!!

on clicking on the thread title - saw that the OP was one BTB
time for a laugh - this should be fun !!!!

anyway, on reading the OP, discovered that the MP wasn't British at all, at all,
Irish in fact.he's from Co. Down.
just as Irish as myself & ol Bridges.
LOL !!!!!!!!

A Voice

When you put British MP in the thread title you completely fooled me.

between the bridges

when I saw the thread title, I was wondering who was the "British ………...… ahem …...…...MP"
Jacob Rees ………. ahem ……….. Mogg, or some such swivel eyed ol geezer !!!!!

on clicking on the thread title - saw that the OP was one BTB
time for a laugh - this should be fun !!!!

anyway, on reading the OP, discovered that the MP wasn't British at all, at all,
Irish in fact.he's from Co. Down.
just as Irish as myself & ol Bridges.
LOL !!!!!!!!
Sigh, sweetie he can be Chinese if he/ye want, the fact remains, he is a British MP, simples, see if an adult can explain it to ye...

between the bridges

When you put British MP in the thread title you completely fooled me.
Well if he was an Irish MP he'd be a TD nat a MP...

mangaire1

Sigh, sweetie he can be Chinese if he/ye want, the fact remains, he is a British MP, simples, see if an adult can explain it to ye...
nah - the MP can't be British or Chinese, no more that you are I can be British or Chinese.

he's from Co. Down & elected by the good people of Co. Down,

& Co. Down isn't in China or Britain.
"the fact remains" that Down is one of the 32 counties of ……………. ?
come on Bridgie - even you can answer that ??
LOL !!!!!!!

between the bridges

nah - the MP can't be British or Chinese, no more that you are I can be British or Chinese.

he's from Co. Down & elected by the good people of Co. Down,

& Co. Down isn't in China or Britain.
"the fact remains" that Down is one of the 32 counties of ……………. ?
come on Bridgie - even you can answer that ??
LOL !!!!!!!
Indeed, to keep it even simpler for ye, the chap can self identify as anything he wants as per GFA, he can be Irish, however as has been elected in a British GE to a British Parliament therefore he is a British MP, simples...

NEXT...

Vega1447

Indeed, to keep it even simpler for ye, the chap can self identify as anything he wants as per GFA, he can be Irish, however as has been elected in a British GE to a British Parliament therefore he is a British MP, simples...

NEXT...
Nay lad. Westminster is the UKanian Parliament.

Describing it as the British Parliament would exclude the 6 NE counties of Ireland that are (still) included in UKania.