British MP Brands Irish Minister As A 'Unionist'

hiding behind a poster

The type not connected to England.......got it now?
No. What kind of united Ireland - what flag, what anthem, what electoral system, what holidays, what symbols, what languages? The list goes on.

hiding behind a poster

A single State which has guarantees in place for all cultures with a new secular constitution.
Who decides what'll be in that constitution?

ruserious

No. What kind of united Ireland - what flag, what anthem, what electoral system, what holidays, what symbols, what languages? The list goes on.
Sure does. Let’s start the conversation now instead of taking to twitter and making “unhelpful” tweets.

Mickeymac

Bit early for that pal, firstly comes the referenda then a GE which will produce government, which in turn will likely discuss and deliberate which of the above they wish to adopt in the new Ireland of equals.........have you got that?

Talk Back

Bit early for that pal, firstly comes the referenda then a GE which will produce government, which in turn will likely discuss and deliberate which of the above they wish to adopt in the new Ireland of equals.........have you got that?
Yep - the people will decide by what party they vote for.

It's all good, once we have got rid of the parasite that is England.

hiding behind a poster

See I'm not sure it can work that way. If you're gonna ask the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic whether they want a united Ireland, you have to tell them what it'd be first. Another problem with your idea is, what if North and South vote for a UI as in your scenario, but then the agreed constiturional changes are defeated in a referendum in the Republic - where does everything stand then?

Mickeymac

See I'm not sure it can work that way. If you're gonna ask the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic whether they want a united Ireland, you have to tell them what it'd be first. Another problem with your idea is, what if North and South vote for a UI as in your scenario, but then the agreed constiturional changes are defeated in a referendum in the Republic - where does everything stand then?

You obviously did not read my post and if you say you did, that is not a problem that concerns me pal.

hiding behind a poster

You obviously did not read my post and if you say you did, that is not a problem that concerns me pal.
I don't think you understand the Irish Constitution.

hiding behind a poster

I understand the GFA which underlines everything I have discussed and took particular interest in the bit where you changed your constitution.............are you with me now?
I haven't changed our constitution. So for simplicity, can you please outline the steps that in your view lead to a united Ireland, and I'll point up the issues as I see them?

Mickeymac

I haven't changed our constitution. So for simplicity, can you please outline the steps that in your view lead to a united Ireland, and I'll point up the issues as I see them?

Are you now denying articles 2and3 have not been removed from the Irish constitution which helped to copperfastens the GFA?

The terms contained in that said agreement states a referendum on the constitutional position of the six counties can be enacted by the British SOS, which of course, if polls can be taken seriously the vote will be a positive for unification........got it yet?:roflmao:

ShoutingIsLeadership

A British MP from the Shin Flake party has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist"...

Sinn Fein MP Chris Hazzard has branded Irish Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan "a unionist" after the minister said the argument for Irish unity should not be combined with Brexit.

On Twitter Mr Flanagan said that "conflating Brexit with Irish unity is unhelpful and misguided".

In response to the Tweet Sinn Fein's South Down MP said that Mr Flanagan was a "unionist".

"His response to growing demand for Irish unity is entirely predictable, he wants to protect the status quo," Mr Hazzard wrote.

After criticism of his Tweet Mr Flanagan said that he stood "four-square behind the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement".

Sinn Fein in unity row - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Is there anyone the flaking by ourselves alone party hasn't fallen out with? And imagine stooping so low as to brand anywan as a 'unionists', shocking stuff...
NI is not in Britain, so how is he a British MP?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Indeed, to keep it even simpler for ye, the chap can self identify as anything he wants as per GFA, he can be Irish, however as has been elected in a British GE to a British Parliament therefore he is a British MP, simples...

NEXT...
UK parliament? UK of Great Britain and NI