British soldier admits that squaddies hid behind children

rainmaker

Administrator
I would rather that threads stay on topic. If you wish to introduce a new topic then start a thread on it and I will address it.
Ok, show me a credible link to this soldier confessing to this, and I will happily discuss his actions.

Niall996

Explain that to the family of Bernard Teggart, or the people of Warrington, or all the other children caught up in their bombings...
What's with the demented whataboutery. I'm responding to the OP. Stop trying to derail a thread Mr Modette.

McSlaggart

Explain that to the family of Bernard Teggart, or the people of Warrington, or all the other children caught up in their bombings...
You are taking this thread of topic. It looks as though you do not want this thread to stay on topic. Simply start a new thread on the topic that you wish to be discussed and other people will address your issues I am sure.

rainmaker

Administrator
What's with the demented whataboutery. I'm responding to the OP. Stop trying to derail a thread Mr Modette.
I am responding to the specific point you made that the IRA never targeted children. As soon as even a couple of instances are pointed out you start crying 'whataboutery'.

rainmaker

Administrator
You are taking this thread of topic. It looks as though you do not want this thread to stay on topic.
The topic of this thread is supposedly a specific soldier, making a specific confession. I have asked you a number of times now to link me to this confession and I will discuss it.

You seem to be avoiding doing so, is there a reason for this avoidance?

Niall996

I am responding to the specific point you made that the IRA never targeted children. As soon as even a couple of instances are pointed out you start crying 'whataboutery'.
I never stated that? Hello, any modettes about? We have a lying troll in the house.

jmcc

PIRA fans on this page miss the point. The OP makes a number of claims that are completely made up, and the thread attracted exactly the sort I said it would in my reply to the OP.
This is the clip with the quotation from a named soldier. It appears to be from a documentary on Northern Ireland.

That quote is taken almost verbatim from that ex-soldier/soldier's statement.

Seven Eleven

No, that soldier in the picture does no such thing. Two, your source is a single Tweet from a laughably non credible source.

Your second claim regarding the timing of patrols is something you literally made up which is why I wont even bother asking for a credible, respected source for it.

Laughable all round but no doubt it will appeal to the usual anglophobic, low IQ bigots with no self awareness and keep them from irritating our better posters.

You are wrong, during a riot on the Andersonstown Road some soldiers became detached from the main body of their colleagues. The crowd went for them, children who were at the top of Moorland Park were grabbed by the British frog - marched up to where the soldiers were cowering and these children were then used as human shields to extract the trapped squaddies and get them to an armoured car. I knew one of these children he was ten and also my younger brother, he had a soldier's SLR over his right shoulder.

The outcome of Operation Motorman was that the British placed nearly all their military posts next to or actually in civilian infrastructure, schools, hospitals, tower blocks and housing.

rem81

You are wrong, during a riot on the Andersonstown Road some soldiers became detached from the main body of their colleagues. The crowd went for them, children who were at the top of Moorland Park were grabbed by the British frog - marched up to where the soldiers were cowering and these children were then used as human shields to extract the trapped squaddies and get them to an armoured car. I knew one of these children he was ten and also my younger brother, he had a soldier's SLR over his right shoulder.

The outcome of Operation Motorman was that the British placed nearly all their military posts next to or actually in civilian infrastructure, schools, hospitals, tower blocks and housing.
Nothing like good old British courage. thanks for this information about their tactics mate.

AhNowStop

Black Mountain Primary School used as a British Army Look Out Post onto Nationalist West Belfast,

View attachment 8215

holf fuk thats bad ... the Brits built their army camp right beside the school I went to (and I mean "right" beside it) but that pic is just fukin ridiculous .. ffs

these sort of images should be shown to and seen by the British people .. most of them wouldnt believe this sh1t

AhNowStop

No, that soldier in the picture does no such thing. Two, your source is a single Tweet from a laughably non credible source.

Your second claim regarding the timing of patrols is something you literally made up which is why I wont even bother asking for a credible, respected source for it.

Laughable all round but no doubt it will appeal to the usual anglophobic, low IQ bigots with no self awareness and keep them from irritating our better posters.
once again rainman you couldnt be more wrong .. why do you persist in acting a fount of knowledge in things you clearly know absolutely "nothing" about :rolleyes:

AhNowStop

PIRA fans on this page miss the point. The OP makes a number of claims that are completely made up, and the thread attracted exactly the sort I said it would in my reply to the OP.

But while they are here gnashing their teeth, wringing their hands and mounting their moral high horse, they studiously avoid some of the nastier actions of their freedom fighting heroes:

IRA killing of boy (15) 'worst case of abuse' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

IRA murder of boy (15) 'horrific child abuse', inquiry hears

None of those feigning outrage on this bait thread have ever started an OP on this, or hundreds of other similar cases.

Whataboutery now :rolleyes: .. start a thread on it

Talk Back

I stand corrected, and withdraw the accusation.
Just so you know - when it comes to the amount of people you invaders and occupiers killed in Ireland, compared to Irish Freedom Fighters,
there is no equivalency.

There wouldn't even be an IRA but for the fact our country is occupied by a foreign country against the democratic will of the people of Ireland.

Ireland would be at peace and at one but for the parasite that is England and its spawn, the Unionists, who are occupying part of our country in England's name.

You tossers are still holding Ireland back in the same way you always have, since you first stole Irish land from us Irish people - the artificial partition of our country and brexit, being prime examples of my point!

It is outrageous in this day and age that England still interferes in the affairs of Ireland - who do you people think you are???!!!

Last edited:

Beachcomber