British Spooks to give engineered evidence against Martin Corey

Markievicz

British Spooks to give engineered evidence against Martin Corey

Statement from the Committee for the Release of Martin Corey , Sinn Féin Poblachtach

26th November, 2010

Martin Corey has now been held as a Political Hostage for 7 Months, during his time incarcerated the British Government has yet to issue Martin with an acceptable reason for his detention, stating only a generic "Risk to security" mantra.

Earlier this Month (November) Martin was due to attend a Commission hearing, he waited in his cell for a long period of time before being told he would not be attending and the Commission Hearing would commence without him, they stated he was a security risk and could not attend the area of the Prison in which the meeting was being held. A closed session was held and to date Martin does not know what was discussed. It is quite obvious now that as Martin was not allowed to attend a Bias meeting was held with no recourse for Martin to Defend himself.

A further meeting will take place in early December, again Martin is not permitted to attend. During this meeting an SAS (Special Reconnaissance Regiment) Man will give evidence against Martin, this is the first time ever the SRR have taken part in any such meetings. The SRR Agent will do this concealing his indentity. The SRR are active in the Occupied 6 Counties, keeping watch on Republicans.

Martin Corey is being held a political Hostage solely because he is a Republican, and it is now evident that he is the victim of British Spies and engineered evidence.

To Highlight Martin's Internment a Public Meeting will Take place on 4th December, 2pm in Kilwilkee Estate. We ask that as many people attend as possible.

A Public March has also been scheduled for January 23rd,at 2pm in Kilwilkee estate, with Full route yet to be disclosed.
It is very important that people take to the streets for Justice.

ENDS

Cael

Martin Corey has now been held as a Political Hostage for 7 Months, during his time incarcerated the British Government has yet to issue Martin with an acceptable reason for his detention
Yes, this is the reality of British occupation in Ireland - internment without trial. The Brits dont even bother to fake evidence any more - as no evidence is needed to lock up an Irish native.

collina

Martin Corey has now been held as a Political Hostage for 7 Months, during his time incarcerated the British Government has yet to issue Martin with an acceptable reason for his detention, stating only a generic "Risk to security" mantra.

ENDS
Bit like the abduction of poor Jean Mcconville so, except that Gerry and the boys didn't hold on to her for seven months. Gerry's lot sites security issues for the murder of the mother of ten kids.

picador

What is the Commission described above?

Cael

Bit like the abduction of poor Jean Mcconville so, except that Gerry and the boys didn't hold on to her for seven months. Gerry's lot sites security issues for the murder of the mother of ten kids.
Not a very logical statement. The British state claims the IRA are criminals. But, then, the only defense you can give of the activities of the British occupation forces is that the IRA are no better...

picador

If you are going to bother commenting on threads like this could you at least familiarise yourself with some basic facts.

Sinn Féin Poblachtach (RSF) parted company with (Provisional) Sinn Féin 24 years ago. So what to hell has this got to do with either of the people you mentioned?

Markievicz

What is the Commission described above?

Its basically to hear the case and give evidence why Martin should be detained, Martin should be able to go and hear the accusations against him and his solicitors etc. but amazingly they are hearing it in his absence because of "security Risk". It doesnt even mean anything anymore its just something they say that means they dont have to explain themselves and they can do what they want.

THe SRR giving evidence is a first too, they are just the SAS with a new name as SAS in Ireland makes people shudder. Mental stuff and who said times had changed?

collina

Not a very logical statement. The British state claims the IRA are criminals. But, then, the only defense you can give of the activities of the British occupation forces is that the IRA are no better...
I would not defend the Brits in NI, nor would I weep for people who would not give their victims a fair trial.

picador

Its basically to hear the case and give evidence why Martin should be detained, Martin should be able to go and hear the accusations against him and his solicitors etc. but amazingly they are hearing it in his absence because of "security Risk". It doesnt even mean anything anymore its just something they say that means they dont have to explain themselves and they can do what they want.

THe SRR giving evidence is a first too, they are just the SAS with a new name as SAS in Ireland makes people shudder. Mental stuff and who said times had changed?
The reason I ask about this 'Commission' is because I am curious as to what legal basis it operates on. Does it have a name?

I believe the SRR is the 'Det' (14th Int) a.k.a. Force Research Unit rebranded.

collina

If you are going to bother commenting on threads like this could you at least familiarise yourself with some basic facts.

Sinn Féin Poblachtach (RSF) parted company with (Provisional) Sinn Féin 24 years ago. So what to hell has this got to do with either of the people you mentioned?
You can't disown this stuff by merely splitting.

picador

OK now that you have made your point (one that has never been amde before of course :rolleyes:) are going to address the issue of the guy's imprisonment - or do you just believe in lock em up and throw away the key regardless of evidence.?

Cael

What the hell are you on about? Is Martin Corey being accused of killing Jean McConville? If not, then you are just talking shíte.

Markievicz

The reason I ask about this 'Commission' is because I am curious as to what legal basis it operates on. Does it have a name?

I believe the SRR is the 'Det' (14th Int) a.k.a. Force Research Unit rebranded.
Its set up by the British secretary of state to deal with cases such as martins, I dont actually have its name here to hand but will post it when I have it.

it was formed around the 14th Int which was involved in loyalist collusion so not nice chaps.

picador

Its set up by the British secretary of state to deal with cases such as martins, I dont actually have its name here to hand but will post it when I have it.
It is kind of important - thus I am asking ;)

Also important - is the prisoner entitled to legal representation before the Commission?

it was formed around the 14th Int which was involved in loyalist collusion so not nice chaps.
Yeah I know who they are. One of them gave evidence in court against the three Lurgan guys who were done for having the mortar.

collina

OK now that you have made your point (one that has never been amde before of course :rolleyes:) are going to address the issue of the guy's imprisonment - or do you just believe in lock em up and throw away the key regardless of evidence.?
He should get a fair trial whether he deserves it or not. Probably won't but.

Cael

He should get a fair trial whether he deserves it or not. Probably won't but.
Well, he hasnt got any kind of trial at all - just like Colin Duffy.

By the way, how do you decide if someone deserves a fair trial or not?

collina

What the hell are you on about? Is Martin Corey being accused of killing Jean McConville? If not, then you are just talking shíte.
The tread is not about whiter he's accused of killing poor JM. It's about his unfair detention without trial. I'm merely pointing out that Republicans dispense the same type of justice.

Cael

The tread is not about whiter he's accused of killing poor JM. It's about his unfair detention without trial. I'm merely pointing out that Republicans dispense the same type of justice.
So you regard the British state as war criminals?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies