British sport in drugs meltdown.

Levellers

The reputation of British cycling is in the dustbin as yesterdays events proved to many what has been suspected for the last few years. The Tour de France victories for Wiggins (a sprinter not a marathon cyclist) and Froome (who has equaled the records of Lance Armstrong) stink of sh1t now.

Sick doctors unable to attend, stolen computers, no paperwork. Enda Kenny would be ashamed to offer up these excuses.

Team Sky and British Cycling's reputation 'in tatters' after bruising parliamentary hearing

But but but it was the Russians who did it...................

WADA report has been found so incompetent that there is no reliance or trust in it and IOC proven right not to do a wholescael Russian ban in Olympics.

Mo Farah, the Mr Clean never took any illegal substances and the fact his coach is up to his neck in it is just mere coincidence.

Levellers

Then you have Paula Radcliffe who for years was mouthing off about drug cheats and then just as she becomes a world beater in the twilight of her career she refuses to publish her drug tests which she had been advocating.

Kelly Holmes – my favourite female athlete – who never won anything during her career but was always there or thereabouts suddenly won two Olympic golds at the age of 34.

The England football team was never investigated after this revelation:

“When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/aug/21/gary-neville-england-glenn-hoddle

glandore

And what about Rugby? There seems to be a giant cover with regard to it. Any time the topic is brought up in an O Brien media outlet the discussion is shut down immediately. I presume this is because he is paying some Irish player's wages and does'nt want anything to affect his investment. The whole thing stinks but like all sewers it will leak eventually.

gerhard dengler

All that Lottery money had to find a home.

It's curious how top class athletes require medication. It's almost as if sport is bad for their health.
I know that these people train on the very limits of what is physically sustainable.

The problem isn't so much what is sustainable, moreso what is the limit?

Steve Redgrave developing diabetes in his mid 30's just as he was in training for his 5th Olympic gold medal. This medical diagnosis allowed to him take insulin, insulin is a performance enhancing drug. Was that diagnosis coincidental? I simply do not know.

I admire Redgrave and his achievements, but I always did wonder about that diagnosis.

"Say it ain't so, Joe"

petaljam

Yeah the number of top athletes who develop severe asthma as young adults has always been a bit of a puzzler too. IME people tend to develop asthma as children. And while I know they are supposed to do as much sport as possible, so as to compensate for the asthma, I do wonder how it doesn't handicap someone at the top level at least. You never hear of any of them having an attack during or after an event, do you?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies