• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

British Vitriol Against the Irish: Documenting Thread

sgtharper

Yeah, but it hasn't got nearly as much attention as it should. Ivan Yates has brought it up quite a few times.
Well it seems to me that in the past week alone some very senior figures in the Irish government have been giving it quite a lot of their attention, possibly having realised that pushing HMG into a corner over the Backstop and towards a clean break with the EU might not be the wisest course of action and something that could backfire spectacularly. But that's something for another thread entirely.

I was really wanting to draw attention to the pathetic, self-pitying, grievance-hungry and paranoid tone of the whole thread which was started by our good friend, the not remotely Anglo-phobic ruserious. He has returned to form with another pointless whinge about something he saw on RT, the well-known rent-a-gob and conspiraloon channel.

D

Deleted member 51920

This does seem to be the accepted view right across the board does it not?

No sign of a threat there as far as I can see.

Or there.

Or even there, as far as I can see he appears to be doing nothing other than pointing out what is generally known as the bleeding obvious?

It all seems rather prescient of him as far as I can see, and not remotely threatening at all, as you insisted when you posted the link to it.

They are obviously being disingenous and deceiptful
Its not the EU imposing a hard border in Ireland
Its a direct consequence of the UK leaving the EU

ruserious

Well it seems to me that in the past week alone some very senior figures in the Irish government have been giving it quite a lot of their attention, possibly having realised that pushing HMG into a corner over the Backstop and towards a clean break with the EU might not be the wisest course of action and something that could backfire spectacularly. But that's something for another thread entirely.

I was really wanting to draw attention to the pathetic, self-pitying, grievance-hungry and paranoid tone of the whole thread which was started by our good friend, the not remotely Anglo-phobic ruserious. He has returned to form with another pointless whinge about something he saw on RT, the well-known rent-a-gob and conspiraloon channel.
Your people have devastated this island for far too long. Fortunately, Unification is looking more and more likely.

Niall996

Well it seems to me that in the past week alone some very senior figures in the Irish government have been giving it quite a lot of their attention, possibly having realised that supporting HMG in delivering HMG's OWN BACKSTOP proposal agreed to and committed to by HMG and towards a clean break with the EU desired by the ERG, a huge number fo English racists and peasants and some in Labour might not be the wisest course of action and something that could backfire spectacularly as the UK realise each day more and more how much they're completely in a self made shambles. No one else is to blame.
Fixed that for you. There are no winners in a hard border. The UK has voted to leave which is fine. But needs to provide a solution to how it meets the two conflicting objectives that the UK has agreed to.

sgtharper

Your people have devastated this island for far too long. Fortunately, Unification is looking more and more likely.
:rolleyes2:

Where was the threat in JRM's comments?

sgtharper

They are obviously being disingenous and deceiptful.
Who are? This after all is a direct quote from one man who is not even a minister?
Its not the EU imposing a hard border in Ireland
Its a direct consequence of the UK leaving the EU
The UK doesn't want a hard border, Ireland doesn't want one. Who exactly is it that insists on one?
Who recently said this:

“I’ll have done my job if the exit terms are so bad that the British would rather stay”. "?

D

Deleted member 51920

Who are? This after all is a direct quote from one man who is not even a minister?
The people you quoted were being disingenuous
Its quite clear that a hard border will be required if NI leave the Customs Union and the Single Market - thus breaching the GFA
I never suggested they were Ministers although I'm sure some of those idiot British Gov ministers would agree

The UK doesn't want a hard border, Ireland doesn't want one. Who exactly is it that insists on one?
Who recently said this:
No one wants a hard border but that doesnt mean it wont be legally required.
Arrogant Brits are obviously quite prepared to ride roughshod over international law
But no surprise there

sgtharper

The people you quoted were being disingenuous.
I only quoted one person.
Its quite clear that a hard border will be required if NI leave the Customs Union and the Single Market - thus breaching the GFA
What does it say in the GFA about it then?
I never suggested they were Ministers although I'm sure some of those idiot British Gov ministers would agree
You seem to have missed my point, as per your first sentence.

No one wants a hard border but that doesnt mean it wont be legally required.
By whom? Barnier has already begun rowing back on the idea that it can't possibly be anything but a hard-border, despite have brushed away rather contemptuously any suggestions that there were technical solution to the problem.
Arrogant Brits are obviously quite prepared to ride roughshod over international law
But no surprise there
And there it is folks! The Chip, in all it's glory.

D

Deleted member 51920

I only quoted one person.
And?

What does it say in the GFA about it then?
the power of the sovereign government with jurisdiction there shall be exercised with rigorous impartiality on behalf of all the people in the diversity of their identities and traditions and shall be founded on the principles of full respect for, and equality of, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, of freedom from discrimination for all citizens, and of parity of esteem and of just and equal treatment for the identity, ethos and aspirations of both communities.

You seem to have missed my point, as per your first sentence.
?

By whom? Barnier has already begun rowing back on the idea that it can't possibly be anything but a hard-border, despite have brushed away rather contemptuously any suggestions that there were technical solution to the problem.
Got a link for that because I have no idea what you mean

And there it is folks! The Chip, in all it's glory.
Not a 'chip' at all - its the official British position on Brexit
If I said that about Trumps USA would it also be a 'chip' or factual?

JimmyFoley

the power of the sovereign government with jurisdiction there shall be exercised with rigorous impartiality on behalf of all the people in the diversity of their identities and traditions and shall be founded on the principles of full respect for, and equality of, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, of freedom from discrimination for all citizens, and of parity of esteem and of just and equal treatment for the identity, ethos and aspirations of both communities.
:roflmao: Yeah, it's a stone- wall breach of the GFA, alright.

You, eh, do know that the UK SC already ruled on that nonsense, don't ya? 2 years ago like.

owedtojoy

At a funeral yesterday, and got talking to an Irish immigrant to the UK. Been there since the 1970s.

He compared it to the worse days of the IRA bombing campaign.

"It's been great for the last 20 years or so" he said "But now it is like the bad old days again. The Irish are being blamed by the English for ruining their beautiful Brexit."

It is "keep your head down, if you are Irish".

Most of that is down to mendacious politicians and malicious tabloids. Depressing.

sgtharper

At a funeral yesterday, and got talking to an Irish immigrant to the UK. Been there since the 1970s.

When, despite all the atrocities committed by Irish terrorists, nothing happened?

"It's been great for the last 20 years or so" he said "But now it is like the bad old days again. The Irish are being blamed by the English for ruining their beautiful Brexit."

Most of that is down to mendacious politicians and malicious tabloids. Depressing.
Oh dear, I'd better start stock-piling the baked beans, buy a large dog and give up work then I suppose. :rolleyes2:

Total balls.

Seriously OTJ, I'm genuinely surprised at you swallowing that obvious nonsense. I've no idea of the kind of company your friend keeps but I don't believe him for a minute.

JimmyFoley

Cool story.

Strawberry

He should move back then.

ruserious

More racism against our Taoiseach from this failed TUV Jaffa.

[TWEET]1089118415997059074[/TWEET]

sgtharper

More racism against our Taoiseach from this failed TUV Jaffa.

[TWEET]1089118415997059074[/TWEET]
"Racism"?

Grow up for Christ"s sake, you sound pathetic.

Last edited:

Talk Back

"Racim"?

Grow up for Christ"s sake, you sound pathetic.
You are as vile as you are vain - what a disgusting person you really are.

To suggest Leo could always take advantage of freedom of movement and open a curry house in Birmingham is clearly racism.

recedite

In fairness, Leo left himself wide open to that mockery.
Can anyone explain why Tourism Ireland was promoting Indians and Indian food?
None of the ingredients shown in the pictures on that billboard would grow in Ireland.
At the same time he has been busy telling the world to avoid eating Irish beef and dairy products.
Trying to cut back on eating them himself, apparently, just to show he's not a hypocrite.