• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

British Vitriol Against the Irish: Documenting Thread

Estragon

When, despite all the atrocities committed by Irish terrorists, nothing happened?

Oh dear, I'd better start stock-piling the baked beans, buy a large dog and give up work then I suppose. :rolleyes2:

Total balls.

Seriously OTJ, I'm genuinely surprised at you swallowing that obvious nonsense. I've no idea of the kind of company your friend keeps but I don't believe him for a minute.
Having lived in Britain, I know from first hand experience it's a massively racist country in many areas. The only surprising thing is that Owedtojoy or his mate were surprised by the exchange. Maybe it was just because the casual racism has been directed at other targets in recent years. Like Poles, Romanians, West Indians, Syrians. There's always some funny looking or speaking foreigner to hate for the readers of the Mail and Express.

owedtojoy

When, despite all the atrocities committed by Irish terrorists, nothing happened?

Oh dear, I'd better start stock-piling the baked beans, buy a large dog and give up work then I suppose. :rolleyes2:

Total balls.

Seriously OTJ, I'm genuinely surprised at you swallowing that obvious nonsense. I've no idea of the kind of company your friend keeps but I don't believe him for a minute.
Not sure if you noticed, but a few innocent people got banged up in jail for life, amid talk of reviving the death penalty. Egged on by a vicious minority in the tabloid press e.g. "Aunt Annie's Bomb Factory!" headlines about an innocent housewife fitted up by the police.

I do recognise that my acquaintance was not talking about all British people, only a minority. Indeed, in the company we were in, we all agreed that the British are fundamentally decent people, going through a bad patch.

I think you should recognise that among a minority of your countrymen there is a vicious streak of racism and xenophobia, who are at their loudest at a time like this. Just as I recognise that in Ireland there is a vicious minority streak of anti-Britishness that is beyond rational argument. It is our jobs to appeal to the "better angels of our nature" on both sides ( ... and there was not even supposed to be a "both sides").

Spanner Island

British 'justice' happened to many who were innocent...

Total balls.

There was an Irish professor teaching in some UK University on the Beeb recently claiming she had personally noticed the environment was becoming more hostile towards the Irish...

owedtojoy

In fairness, Leo left himself wide open to that mockery.
Can anyone explain why Tourism Ireland was promoting Indians and Indian food?
None of the ingredients shown in the pictures on that billboard would grow in Ireland.
At the same time he has been busy telling the world to avoid eating Irish beef and dairy products.
Trying to cut back on eating them himself, apparently, just to show he's not a hypocrite.
The Bloomberg intervew was an uneven performance by the Taoiseach, but he got off some good shots ... e.g.

Interviewer: Why not solve the Border Problem by Technology?

Leo Varadkar: We have heard a lot about Technology, but the British have not come up with a single proposal. If there is a Technology that can look inside a truck and tell the level of hormones in the meat, then let's hear about it.

His point about the responsibility of the British to come up with solutions was spot on.

Spanner Island

More racism against our Taoiseach from this failed TUV Jaffa.

[TWEET]1089118415997059074[/TWEET]
I don't suppose David the racist cared to mention that some of the poorest places in the EU are in the UK and that in Northern Europe the UK is streets ahead of the rest in terms of poverty...

Nah?

Didn't think so...

recedite

Interviewer: Why not solve the Border Problem by Technology?

Leo Varadkar: We have heard a lot about Technology, but the British have not come up with a single proposal. If there is a Technology that can look inside a truck and tell the level of hormones in the meat, then let's hear about it.

His point about the responsibility of the British to come up with solutions was spot on.
Except its totally the wrong attitude.
If you want an open border between you and your neighbour, then you need to cooperate with them and come up with joint initiatives.
Sitting back with a smirk, and criticising all of their attempts to make it happen is just plain stupid.
It takes two to tango.

Spanner Island

Except its totally the wrong attitude.
If you want an open border between you and your neighbour, then you need to cooperate with them and come up with joint initiatives.
Sitting back with a smirk, and criticising all of their attempts to make it happen is just plain stupid.
It takes two to tango.
What attempts?

They have produced f*** all that is even close to viable...

Plus as far as everyone was concerned the Brits committed to no border in any circumstances and the backstop is simply an insurance policy in the (hopefully) unlikely event that trade talks fail and fail completely.

Theresa committed to this umpteen times and signed up to a WA (as the democratically elected leader of the UK) that included all this...

And then just because the looper DUPers and the ERG can't stomach it they try and renege and reopen an agreement that is closed...

FFS... :rolleyes2:

If there has been an attitude and an arrogance problem throughout the Brexit sh!tshow it has been on the Brit's side... which half of Brits are well aware of too as they look on in despair at the shambles that's going on...

sgtharper

And?
he power of the sovereign government with jurisdiction there shall be exercised with rigorous impartiality on behalf of all the people in the diversity of their identities and traditions and shall be founded on the principles of full respect for, and equality of, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, of freedom from discrimination for all citizens, and of parity of esteem and of just and equal treatment for the identity, ethos and aspirations of both communities.
Frankly that can mean whatever the hell you want it to mean, what it doesn't do is make any referenece at all to the border.

Got a link for that because I have no idea what you mean
Of course:
James Crisp on Twitter:

Not a 'chip' at all - its the official British position on Brexit
If I said that about Trumps USA would it also be a 'chip' or factual?
"Arrogant Brits"?

Sweet Darling

That's just the bottom feeding trolls that infest nearly every commentary board. They're just that bit nastier because it's the Daily Mail....... Frogs, Wops, Fritz etc, the bile just flows regardless of what foreigners they're spouting about.
Their readership would be the under educated working class who are easy to entertain and influence.

Newrybhoy

I don't suppose David the racist cared to mention that some of the poorest places in the EU are in the UK and that in Northern Europe the UK is streets ahead of the rest in terms of poverty...

Nah?

Didn't think so...
I'd suggest your map is a load of pish.

Does anyone believe that Lancashire is a " poorer" region than say Connaught?
To give one example?

Have you seen the ghettos in Paris?

I'd say the definition here has been set with an agenda in mind.

Spanner Island

I'd suggest your map is a load of pish.

Does anyone believe that Lancashire is a " poorer" region than say Connaught?
To give one example?

Have you seen the ghettos in Paris?

I'd say the definition here has been set with an agenda in mind.
It's a good job I couldn't give a flying f*** what you think then... innit...

If you have a source that proves otherwise provide a link...

Here's another bit of info re: poverty in Britain...

Key points from UN envoy's report on poverty in Britain

>>> https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/16/key-points-un-envoy-philip-alston-report-poverty-britain-uk

darkhorse4

Frankly that can mean whatever the hell you want it to mean, what it doesn't do is make any referenece at all to the border.
No it can't mean whatever the hell you want it to mean
Parity of esteem, just and equal treatment for the identity, ethos and aspirations of the nationalist community rules out imposing checkpoints / border posts in the middle of what they consider to be their own country.

Telstar 62

For Irish vitriol against the British, see about a thousand threads
on Politics.IE!!! :roflmao:

Spanner Island

For Irish vitriol against Brexit, Brexiteers and their dumb ass cheerleaders, see about a thousand posts on Politics.IE!!! :roflmao:

Plebian

For British vitriol against the Irish, see about 26,523 Telstar 62 posts on Politics.IE!!! :tongue:

Newrybhoy