• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Brits Make Plans To Militarise The Border. B-Specials Mark 2.

bang bang

I normally ignore you because you're a pig-ignorant Gob-shyte and an utter A-hole who's contributed nothing original or interesting to this site in at least ten years, but you're a liar as well as we can see, so for the benefit of newer readers I'll respond.
For the record I have said no such thing. I am a Dubliner but I didn't join the British Army specifically to assist in the suppression of terrorism in Northern Ireland, that was just a perk of the job and something I was pleased and proud to do. The fact that you have to lie about this tell us all we need to know about you.
The various republican terrorist groups (who brought nothing but shame to the name of Ireland) carrying out murders and other atrocities in NI over the full 35 years or so of the Troubles were all illegal in the Irish Republic and none of them recognised the state or it's government and were on occasion happy to murder Irish policemen and soldiers, rob banks and murder and kidnap Irish and other citizens. Talk of me being a traitor to the Irish Republic or anything else is obviously nonsense, like the vast majority of the Irish Population I owed no allegiance to republican terrorism or the pointless "armed struggle" and as a British soldier have never lifted a hand against the RoI not have I ever known or heard of one who has.
Incidentally, I've been a British subject since 1975, I live in the UK and neither feel nor owe any allegiance to anywhere else, I wish Ireland well of course, but it's not my country any more.

Yeah, you've been repeating this dreary, un-original schtick for years now, though you've given your weird obsession with Dorset Street a rest this once I see. Frankly I couldn't give a toss if you believe me or not, the views of some mouthy ignoramous and Pub-patriot, posting from as far away from Ireland as it's reasonably possible to get are of no interest to me.
You enlisted in a foreign army occupying part of your country, you can use any excuse you like to salve your conscience, you should hang your in shame.
You speak of attrocities carried out by Republicans, you joined an army that slaughtered millions all over the world, you are nothing bu a hypocritical treacherous lying scumbag.

runwiththewind

If you had suffered at the hands of Priests or had been enslaved in Irish orphanages and Children's homes and at the same time getting saturated in a language that was as useless as tits on a bull , and being told that Ireland was Gods most favorite country because we were forced to attend Mass every morning Maybe you would have appreciated the freedom of British society .

The enlightenment of English society was like a breath of fresh air to the ruined lives of the remnants of Irish instituitions
Yea, it was very enlightened to sent over 100,000 British children to the colonies to keep them white right up to the 1970s. Many had parents still alive. They were sent from orphanages, hospitals and care homes. The British state and all the churches were involved in it.

See the film Oranges and sunshine.
Or look up Lost children of the Empire.

Don't know much about your own country, do you?

Se0samh

All sorts of people have murdered 14year olds and younger, it's a sad aspect of life. and those who commit such crimes must die in fear of retribution if such a thing exists.

The reality is that every person who fires a gun or drops a bomb that kills another is a murderer irrespective of the excuses made , whether under orders or not.

You'll be against all those old beret wearers, who keep demanding an amnesty for murdering all round them on our streets then...good...

runwiththewind

All sorts of people have murdered 14year olds and younger, it's a sad aspect of life. and those who commit such crimes must die in fear of retribution if such a thing exists.

The reality is that every person who fires a gun or drops a bomb that kills another is a murderer irrespective of the excuses made , whether under orders or not.
So you agree, the British military are murderers then?

death or glory

Govt papers classed confidential are "of no substance". Yes, i see DOG. You would make a fine lawyer :rolleyes:
Now perhaps show us the relevant part of the articles were they mention collusion.

londonpride

So you agree, the British military are murderers then?
Anyone who kills by shooting ,bombing , burning {as with witches] Honor killing. even possibly with abortion, which is the denial of the right to live are murderers , irrespective of the reasoning behind the killing.
Following orders may not be an excuse that can be used if one has to plead his case to some higher power that may or may not exist.

sgtharper

You enlisted in a foreign army occupying part of your country, you can use any excuse you like to salve your conscience, you should hang your in shame.
Excuse? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
You speak of attrocities carried out by Republicans, you joined an army that slaughtered millions all over the world, you are nothing bu a hypocritical treacherous lying scumbag.
Yeah, when I need a history lesson from a moral imbecile I'll let you know.:rolleyes2:

Prof Honeydew

Yeah, when I need a history lesson from a moral imbecile I'll let you know.:rolleyes2:
If you're interested in history, you've a great opportunity coming up later this year. Will you be offering your services to the Paras as they celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Great Victory of Warrenpoint?

Mickeymac

There are many books on the infamous British empire which was responsible for millions of deaths and atrocities Worldwide (including Ireland), read up pal.ffs.

SideysGhost

So are we getting towards a consensus here. Is it:

a) Some deranged old drunk in a bedsit in Dublin with delusional fantasies of his imaginary years being a Heroic Redcoat for Liz Windsor

b) Some deranged old Loyalist who, for some crazed reason, has decide to pretend he is a Loyal Dublin Trooper online

c) An actual genuine traitor mercenary with a bucketload of self-loathing issues caused by childhood trauma and exacerbated by the experiences of being a traitor mercenary in a gang of psycho killers

londonpride

So are we getting towards a consensus here. Is it:

a) Some deranged old drunk in a bedsit in Dublin with delusional fantasies of his imaginary years being a Heroic Redcoat for Liz Windsor

b) Some deranged old Loyalist who, for some crazed reason, has decide to pretend he is a Loyal Dublin Trooper online

c) An actual genuine traitor mercenary with a bucketload of self-loathing issues caused by childhood trauma and exacerbated by the experiences of being a traitor mercenary in a gang of psycho killers
If you really have such a hatred of Queen lizzie, What are you doing living in one of her commonwealth countries , Possibly the most loyal one at that. Living a good life i assume.

SideysGhost

If you really have such a hatred of Queen lizzie, What are you doing living in one of her commonwealth countries , Possibly the most loyal one at that. Living a good life i assume.
Hatstand crocodile, saltwater. Velociraptor? Bicycle, trebuchet.

Chocolate induction coils!

raetsel

If they were allowed to remain members of the GAA , yes. Or any gangster allied to any sporting entity.
Do you actually think they'd have told their GAA colleagues that they were IRA members? It really is rather naive to suggest that IRA members went around casually telling people that they belonged to the organisation.
Actually, no it is not naive, it is bloody buck-stupid. :)

death or glory

IF one thought someone was in the IRA how would you have considered the GAA banned them from being a member?
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

death or glory

You do know that the IRA was not a public body who's membership was publicly known?
Neither were Loyalist paramilitaries, you know.