• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Brits Make Plans To Militarise The Border. B-Specials Mark 2.

Catalpast

The British Government is making plans to militarise the border. A paramilitary force of 1000 armed English police is being trained in secret to operate along the border to combat smuggling and protect customs posts from possible attack from the IRA. The new B-Specials are being recruited from England rather than locally because the PSNI refused to cooperate with British Government requests for a border force for fear that recruits living along the border might be targeted by the IRA. The PSNI do not want to be associated with partition. Historically, the B-Specials were exclusively Protestant and mostly ex members of the UVF which later became the UDR.

One wonders how Leo will react to this?
Quote your Source!

locke

I would imagine that if the Brits restart the war he would be a prime target , take the spys out early
That would be a bad mistake

At the moment, there is huge sympathy in the South for the border communities in the North. Target the head of AGS and watch that support melt away in seconds.

death or glory

The British Government is making plans to militarise the border. A paramilitary force of 1000 armed English police is being trained in secret to operate along the border to combat smuggling and protect customs posts from possible attack from the IRA. The new B-Specials are being recruited from England rather than locally because the PSNI refused to cooperate with British Government requests for a border force for fear that recruits living along the border might be targeted by the IRA. The PSNI do not want to be associated with partition. Historically, the B-Specials were exclusively Protestant and mostly ex members of the UVF which later became the UDR.

One wonders how Leo will react to this?
Any way if there is a hard border because of a no deal Brexit,
the only people you can blame is the Eire government for trying to force a non negotiable border down the Irish sea.

The Brits know that if Reb terrorists do try to attack the border posts that it can count on the local people to join the security forces to protect our country, its people and its institutions.
We have joined the proud security forces in droves before (B-men, RUC, UDR, RIR) and will do so again.

In fact they may have learned form the 1960's when it was the local B-men who were able to keep the RA in check during the border campaign.

I do not see what offensive language that has been used but this is all fact.

Spanner Island

Yep 1000 will become 10000 and it will be the fault of the "obdurate" Irish.
And just watch the Dublin media and politicians row in behind that.
I just looked up 'obdurate'... 'stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or course of action'

For w@nker Brexiteers and the likes of The Cretinous Mogg to accuse anyone of being obdurate is laughable stuff...

The only thing cretins like him are good for is widening my vocab.

Doesn't matter anyway... there are more than enough Brits who know Brexit is a self inflicted disaster and who won't be buying the Brexiteer bullsh!t and lame attempts at blame games...

All you have to do is move away from the mad rags like the Sun, Express, Torygraph to see it...

Westmonster and the w@nkers who write the garbage that appear there and on other portals are fringe swivel eyed loons...

Brexit and its consequences are 100% Made in the UK.

locke

Any way if there is a hard border because of a no deal Brexit,
the only people you can blame is the Eire government for trying to force a non negotiable border down the Irish sea.
It's a lot easier to blame those politicians who decided to mess with the status quo because of some silly little project of theirs.

It's not like they weren't warned of the consequences; they just chose to ignore them.

However, if they do generate a return to the 1970s and 1980s, Ress-Mogg, Farage etc. should be personally very worried.

death or glory

I just looked up 'obdurate'... 'stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or course of action'

For w@nker Brexiteers and the likes of The Cretinous Mogg to accuse anyone of being obdurate is laughable stuff...

Doesn't matter anyway... there are more than enough Brits who know Brexit is a self inflicted disaster and who won't be buying the Brexiteer bullsh!t and lame attempts at blame games...

All you have to do is move away from the mad rags like the Sun, Express, Torygraph to see it...

Westmonster and the w@nkers who write the garbage that appear there and on other portals are fringe swivel eyed loons...

Do you have any idea what you are talking about.

Overe 52% of the British people voted for Brexit, only a fool would call them fringe loons, which would be more apt to yourself.

A hard boder is coming and you have Loe and your government to blame, us Brits will not be held to ransom by Eire and Europe.

derryman

I have always known what obdurate means, my neighbours are fine examples of obduracy and always have been.

derryman

I have always known what obdurate means, my neighbours are fine examples of obduracy and always have been.

locke

Overe 52% of the British people voted for Brexit, only a fool would call them fringe loons, which would be more apt to yourself.
For the sake of accuracy, it was 27% of the British people, 37% of the British electorate, but 52% of those who voted. Given the predominantly anti-Brexit stance of the young, it seems unlikely that a majority of the British people were in favour.

You're right that they aren't fringe. That an extremist position (on the left as much as the right) has taken over political discourse is symptomatic of why Britain is now a ******************************ed country. They are undoubtedly loons.

death or glory

For the sake of accuracy, it was 27% of the British people, 37% of the British electorate, but 52% of those who voted. Given the predominantly anti-Brexit stance of the young, it seems unlikely that a majority of the British people were in favour.

You're right that they aren't fringe. That an extremist position (on the left as much as the right) has taken over political discourse is symptomatic of why Britain is now a ******************************ed country. They are undoubtedly loons.
Well when 52% of the voters were in favour of Brexit in a referendum that is the only fact that counts, what is not important is your opinion on the matter.
Just because other peoples opinions disagree with yours does not mean they are loons, the British people had perfectly valid reasons for wanting to leave the EU.

Estragon

Well when 52% of the voters were in favour of Brexit in a referendum that is the only fact that counts, what is not important is your opinion on the matter.
Just because other peoples opinions disagree with yours does not mean they are loons, the British people had perfectly valid reasons for wanting to leave the EU.
I couldn't agree more. 50% plus one voter is all that should be required for major constitutional decisions. That's what democracy is. Those on the losing side better suck it up.

sic transit

Yeah they did but they got conned by a bunch of upper class twats who had their own agenda and voters' own naivete of not knowing what to do with with a referendum. The vote is a good reminder of why many jurisdictions avoid the referendum as a form of plebiscite.

sic transit

Brilliant, really hopes this comes to pass. A major aspect of paving the way to reunification.
Seems unlikely as they need to take them from current police forces and that's a lot.

former wesleyan

I see Rip van Winkel has arrived.

derryman

Seems unlikely as they need to take them from current police forces and that's a lot.
They will take them from where they took the b&t the b men the udr and the aux. They will put uniforms on any thug that will further their cause.

sic transit

They will take them from where they took the b&t the b men the udr and the aux. They will put uniforms on any thug that will further their cause.
It sounds more like a 'plan' than a reality, just another one of those quicksand based Brexit ones!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies