• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Brits Make Plans To Militarise The Border. B-Specials Mark 2.

locke

Well when 52% of the voters were in favour of Brexit in a referendum that is the only fact that counts, what is not important is your opinion on the matter.
Just because other peoples opinions disagree with yours does not mean they are loons, the British people had perfectly valid reasons for wanting to leave the EU.
I can call them what I like.

There's also no reason for Britain to leave the EU that stood up to scrutiny.

Ultimately, those who voted for it weren't using reason, but rather emotion, and were motivated by one of racism, nostalgia for an empire that isn't coming back, or because they were duped by some self-serving leaders. None of those reflect well on them as voters.

Vega1447

They will take them from where they took the b&t the b men the udr and the aux. They will put uniforms on any thug that will further their cause.
In the last resort, we (RoI) can do the same. I hope that it won't be necessary but we do have an army of(?) 13,000.

locke

I couldn't agree more. 50% plus one voter is all that should be required for major constitutional decisions. That's what democracy is. Those on the losing side better suck it up.
The logical conclusion of that is that a referendum that proposed banning all future votes would be valid. So democracy can be shut down so long as it is done democratically.

There are valid reasons why there are other forms of refernda, such as a majority of the electorate, a 2/3 majority for a constitutional change or a necessity to pass in every province rather than just overall (if there's ever a United Ireland, I can see that last provision coming in here).

runwiththewind

Do you have any idea what you are talking about.

Overe 52% of the British people voted for Brexit, only a fool would call them fringe loons, which would be more apt to yourself.

A hard boder is coming and you have Loe and your government to blame, us Brits will not be held to ransom by Eire and Europe.

Own up to the result of your leave vote.

The Irish government warned the Tories about the border and the consequence to the GFA, yet he border didn't even figure in the debates.

Grow a backbone.

A hard border is what the DUP and its supporters want.

Be careful what you wish for, for today you do not have the numbers and because this time, the people of NI have other options. And these other options may very well be used by the Tories to give the island of GB the Brexit they want.

RasherHash

The British Government is making plans to militarise the border. A paramilitary force of 1000 armed English police is being trained in secret to operate along the border to combat smuggling and protect customs posts from possible attack from the IRA. The new B-Specials are being recruited from England rather than locally because the PSNI refused to cooperate with British Government requests for a border force for fear that recruits living along the border might be targeted by the IRA. The PSNI do not want to be associated with partition. Historically, the B-Specials were exclusively Protestant and mostly ex members of the UVF which later became the UDR.

One wonders how Leo will react to this?
Looks like were heading towards The Troubles part II :frown:

RasherHash

They will deploy as many more as needed, a cheap war on their doorstep to keep the plebs mind off other things as their economy implodes.
Same ole, same ole from political establishments since time immemorial, it usually gets out of hand and they quietly move on or retire to their millions while the ordinary people pay a heavy price.

Paddyc

They will take them from where they took the b&t the b men the udr and the aux. They will put uniforms on any thug that will further their cause.
I suppose it’s one way to keep ex-squaddies out of prison but wouldn’t it be more productive to provide them with counselling and re-training instead?

Skin the Goat

Looks like were heading towards The Troubles part II :frown:
If the article in The Guardian bore any resembelance to the OP, that could be considered as a possibility....

Voluntary

Well when 52% of the voters were in favour of Brexit in a referendum that is the only fact that counts, what is not important is your opinion on the matter.
Just because other peoples opinions disagree with yours does not mean they are loons, the British people had perfectly valid reasons for wanting to leave the EU.
55.77% in NI voted to remain in the EU. It's kind of obvious to me what should happen next.

sic transit

If the article in The Guardian bore any resembelance to the OP, that could be considered as a possibility....
Pulease! Linked articles always mean what's stated in the OP!

Niall996

I suppose it’s one way to keep ex-squaddies out of prison but wouldn’t it be more productive to provide them with counselling and re-training instead?
Plenty of candidates. Staggeringly, 1 in 6 in Britain has a criminal record. So the ever present supply of mindless thug cannon fodder remains. Interesting debate on LBC last night about BA recruitment. Young Brits aren't interested anymore. They saw what happened in NI, Falklands and Iraq, three futile pointless wastes. At least two of which were illegal. One of the suggestions was to recruit convicted killers as opposed to tech wizards as per the current campaign.
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/6ee8cbd282e14ac2aeab644d74c7ad24ad7bd7f6/1205_65_1090_655/master/1090.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

Whatever happens at the border itself, future agitants could effectively operate from any location on earth using cyber technology to cause huge disruption to transport and civic functions and for use militarily right across the UK.

death or glory

In the last resort, we (RoI) can do the same. I hope that it won't be necessary but we do have an army of(?) 13,000.
A Mickey mouse army of 13000 versus a battalion of professional experienced British soldiers would have them wiped out in an hour.
The Eire government may have been stupid over Brexit but I doubt if they would try a suicide mission like that.

Spanner Island

Do you have any idea what you are talking about.

Overe 52% of the British people voted for Brexit, only a fool would call them fringe loons, which would be more apt to yourself.

A hard boder is coming and you have Loe and your government to blame, us Brits will not be held to ransom by Eire and Europe.
I know exactly what I'm talking about...

Your comprehension skills are p!ss poor however.

Niall996

A Mickey mouse army of 13000 versus a battalion of professional experienced British soldiers would have them wiped out in an hour.
The Eire government may have been stupid over Brexit but I doubt if they would try a suicide mission like that.
Eh, that's what they said last time. And the time before. And got their ass whipped 8:1

death or glory

Eh, that's what they said last time. And the time before. And got their ass whipped 8:1
RULE BRITANNIA,

Need I say any more.

Losers

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies