Brownie Was In The IRA, Quelle Surprise

between the bridges

In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

“Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/new-brownie-claim-adds-to-the-gerry-adams-ira-controversy-1-8457033

Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...

Aindriu

That's old news really. He wrote about being Brownie in his own books.

PAGE61

Hugh Feeney and Brendon Hughes also contributed to the brownie articles

Supra

In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

“Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/new-brownie-claim-adds-to-the-gerry-adams-ira-controversy-1-8457033

Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...

JimmyFoley

Gerry was sick that day, so someone else wrote that particular piece.

Catalpast

Naw - cus Gerry was never in the IRA!:cool:

Hey - maybe there were two Brownies?:D

Cruimh

QC Eilis McDermott would be licking her lips at the prospect of meeting Gerry again in court

Mind you, Gerry claims his memory is bad, so it would be a struggle ...

The Liam Adams Trial: Why Gerry Adams Did Not Testify At Second Hearing

Although the media then gathered at the courthouse in the expectation that Gerry Adams would make a second appearance as a prosecution witness they were to be disappointed. He failed to appear and although the jury in the second trial did, after they retired to consider the verdict, ask the judge why Gerry Adams had not testified this time, her answer to them was not made public.

That answer can now be revealed.

Gerry Adams had been caught out in so many contradictions and factual errors during a bruising cross-examination by Eilis McDermott QC, that when the retrial was ordered, the defence legal team served notice on the Crown that they planned to make ‘a bad character application’ in relation to the Sinn Fein president.

Last edited:

Boy M5

I hate to disabuse you.
However, there is no Tooth Fairy or Santa Clause either.
Any other unlikely widely repeated tales you still believe in?

EUrJokingMeRight

You lost me at "mid 70's" and the smell of mouldy carpet..

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Brownie is a kinda dirty perv moniker ...like Bobby Sands and the other coprophilic pervs who stank out The Maze no doubt

Cyp

New Threads

Most Replies