Bruce Arnold b.itch slaps Barry Walsh: Indo

kerrynorth

In another attack on the Lisbon Treaty Arnold takes time out to b.itch slap YFG President Barry Walsh. Barry used to trade on under his 'BarryW' handle although I am pretty sure he is trading here under another prominent banner (hi Barry ;)). Basically Arnold accuses Barry of being misleading in his presentation of the treaty in his very frequent writings in the paper's letters page while at the time neglecting to declare an interest in his role as YFG President in the Yes campaign. (I'm on a mobile device at the moment so could someone please post a link - cheers).

<MOD> Title corrected to reflect the appropriate media source <MOD>

kerrynorth

Re: Bruce Arnold ********* ********* slaps Barry Walsh: Sindo

Feck you can't say b.itch on p.ie? :cry:

sandar

use a rude word on the internet, why the very idea is preposterous sir! :lol:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie

Barry must be fed up getting B, slapped, but give him his due, he keeps coming back.. he's either very thick skinned or very thick...

You decide

Fr. Hank Tree

kerrynorth said:
In another attack on the Lisbon Treaty Arnold takes time out to ********* ********* slap YFG President Barry Walsh. Barry used to trade on under his 'BarryW' handle although I am pretty sure he is trading here under another prominent banner (hi Barry ;)). Basically Arnold accuses Barry of being misleading in his presentation of the treaty in his very frequent writings in the paper's letters page while at the time neglecting to declare an interest in his role as YFG President in the Yes campaign. (I'm on a mobile device at the moment so could someone please post a link - cheers).
Is he? Can't think of who he might be.

myk

rockofcashel said:
Barry must be fed up getting B, slapped, but give him his due, he keeps coming back.. he's either very thick skinned or very thick...

You decide
I think you have called several different FG posters Barry before and was wrong about it, particularly the time McGuirk started outing users.

NotDevsSon

Who is Bruce Arnold?

Oh yes. The Irish Independent arts critic, formerly a political hack who became a legend for his ****-ups - remember his stupidity in NAMING all the TDs who planned to vote against Haughey at one heave in advance, given Haughey's thugs 24 hours to 'work' on them. One of the thugs threatened the elderly mother of a TD. Other TDs had to go into hiding to get away from the threatening calls! Nice one Bruce!

BTW is this the same Bruce Arnold who called on Irish political parties to ditch the 'extreme republican' SDLP and support the Alliance Party? Oh yes it is. :shock:

kerrynorth

Feeling a wee bit touchy today are we Barry? ;)

NotDevsSon

kerrynorth said:
WTF???

I'm not Barry Walsh!

Jesus. What next. :shock:

myk

NotDevsSon said:
kerrynorth said:
WTF???

I'm not Barry Walsh!

Jesus. What next. :shock:
NotDevSon defended Barry Andrews on another thread. I know Barry Walsh, I can't imagine him ever defending a FF public rep! :)

DJP

If Barry Walsh is still debating on politics.ie he is hiding behind a poster.

baldur0300

Darren Mac an Phríora said:
hbap is not barry. I don't think speculating on posters' identities is very fair at all and is in breach of site rules.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane

We're not in the practice on this site of demanding that people identify themselves or of needlessly speculating on who people might be.

Also, I'm posting notice that I'm going to move this thread to Limbo unless someone can post a link. I have the Sindo and haven't come across a piece by Bruce Arnold so far. Nor does a search on the independent site bring up anything that might match to the topic.

is there a link anywhere to that article or what page of the sindo is it?

CrockerJarman

I am Barry Walsh......and so is my wife.

tonys

I would not often find myself in agreement with Bruce Arnold, but I do like the sound of this thread title and if true would be a slap well spent.

ajcahill

KingKane said:
We're not in the practice on this site of demanding that people identify themselves or of needlessly speculating on who people might be.

Also, I'm posting notice that I'm going to move this thread to Limbo unless someone can post a link. I have the Sindo and haven't come across a piece by Bruce Arnold so far. Nor does a search on the independent site bring up anything that might match to the topic.
Link below, it was in Saturday's Indo, pretty rough stuff.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analy ... 78504.html

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Having now had the chance to read it, it is pretty tame stuff. Bruce suggests that because the EEC wasn't the EU that the primacy of laws emanating from that source is somehow profoundly different then it is today, which is horse nonsense. As the EEC became over time the EU we reaffirmed at each step that this primacy would continue and that is the point Berry made while Bruce Arnold was somehow try to make out that this was entirely new.

Also the reference to Barry's letters not being signed as Pres. YFG is frankly ridiculous, we see letters from all sort in the papers from cllrs such as Malcolm Bryne who don't sign their titles or party memberships, from members of constituency organisations and so on. Big deal. I would expect that say the Pres of YFG should only sign as such if he is speaking on behalf of the organisation and not for every letter he writes.

corkman2007

What a load of rambling nonsense by Arnold. He clearly hasn't got the least idea of what he's talking about.

I'd love to see him in debate with someone from the 'Yes' side - they'd make mincemeat out of him. :D

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
corkman2007 said:
What a load of rambling nonsense by Arnold. He clearly hasn't got the least idea of what he's talking about.

I'd love to see him in debate with someone from the 'Yes' side - they'd make mincemeat out of him. :D
Not if they are the quality of the Yes men on here.. :lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies