Brussels fears Britain’s ‘Brexit chaos’ part of cunning plan

McSlaggart

"Viewed from Brussels, the U.K. seemed so ill-prepared in the early rounds of Brexit negotiations that some EU countries think it must be a trap.

While the EU’s negotiating team say they are unconcerned and prepared for anything — and that any disorganization on the London side comes from serious divisions in the British political class — some EU diplomats are growing alarmed. Trade attachés in particular who know their British colleagues as tough, canny negotiators are suspicious of the seemingly fickle and aimless procrastination from the British government.

The Brits’ chaotic early posture in the Brexit talks has left them wondering whether London is pulling some sort of deft ploy — a strategy of pretending not to have a strategy."

Brussels fears Britain’s ‘Brexit chaos’ part of cunning plan – POLITICO

Monty Python does bexit

"I don't believe it" "its a trap".

[video=youtube;4F4qzPbcFiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA[/video]

blinding

Baldric could probably outsmart the EU.........

The Eu is a Prime Example of Group Think..........

McSlaggart

Its one of those situations where we all will have to wait and see.........
I agree. The uncertainty will not do anyone's economy good. How much effort are business currently going into preparing for different outcomes. Its dark comedy gold.

The British at their best :

[video=youtube;SJUhlRoBL8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M[/video]

Last edited:

statsman

Mad as Fish

Mad as Fish

"Viewed from Brussels, the U.K. seemed so ill-prepared in the early rounds of Brexit negotiations that some EU countries think it must be a trap.

While the EU’s negotiating team say they are unconcerned and prepared for anything — and that any disorganization on the London side comes from serious divisions in the British political class — some EU diplomats are growing alarmed. Trade attachés in particular who know their British colleagues as tough, canny negotiators are suspicious of the seemingly fickle and aimless procrastination from the British government.

The Brits’ chaotic early posture in the Brexit talks has left them wondering whether London is pulling some sort of deft ploy — a strategy of pretending not to have a strategy."

Brussels fears Britain’s ‘Brexit chaos’ part of cunning plan – POLITICO

Monty Python does bexit

"I don't believe it" "its a trap".

[video=youtube;4F4qzPbcFiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA[/video]
That is indeed an interesting article, this para caught my eye -

And an EU official directly involved in the Brexit talks dismissed as unjustified “speculation” the idea that the U.K. is operating a hidden cunning plan. “It seems to me, based on what I read, there is no clarity on the direction in which they want to move and it’s very difficult to implement a negotiating strategy if you don’t have that clarity.”

He doesn't seem to quite bright enough to realise that appearing not to have a strategy could very well be part of a strategy. The EU is no doubt all ready and sat down at the table with nice neat agendas and their pens carefully laid out alongside the note pads and are expecting the UK to appear in much the same fashion. Instead, the UK might just stroll casually into the room, put their smelly size 10's on the table, lean back and reply "bollocks" to every proposal of the EU team. What then?

Mad as Fish

Then they crash out of the EU with no deal.
As pointed out in the article, neither will the EU, and that's a headache for them, especially if the UK has been buttering up non government EU organisations and companies on the quiet.

Strawberry

As pointed out in the article, neither will the EU, and that's a headache for them, especially if the UK has been buttering up non government EU organisations and companies on the quiet.
Tough. If the British won't negotiate there's nothing the EU can do, it will have to suffer the headache which will be minor compared to Britain's woes.

Mad as Fish

Tough. If the British won't negotiate there's nothing the EU can do, it will have to suffer the headache which will be minor compared to Britain's woes.
Indeed, and one example of British woes will be the farmers no longer enjoying subsidies, but they are expecting that, EU farmers will also see a reduction, but they might not be quite so phlegmatic.

statsman

That is indeed an interesting article, this para caught my eye -

And an EU official directly involved in the Brexit talks dismissed as unjustified “speculation” the idea that the U.K. is operating a hidden cunning plan. “It seems to me, based on what I read, there is no clarity on the direction in which they want to move and it’s very difficult to implement a negotiating strategy if you don’t have that clarity.”

He doesn't seem to quite bright enough to realise that appearing not to have a strategy could very well be part of a strategy. The EU is no doubt all ready and sat down at the table with nice neat agendas and their pens carefully laid out alongside the note pads and are expecting the UK to appear in much the same fashion. Instead, the UK might just stroll casually into the room, put their smelly size 10's on the table, lean back and reply "bollocks" to every proposal of the EU team. What then?
Or not quite dim enough to fall for that auld sh1te.

blinding

With the Help of the Russians and the Americans the British have a history of dealing with the Germans..............

Jack O Neill

With the Help of the Russians and the Americans the British have a history of dealing with the Germans..............
the russian and the americans have a history of dealing with the germans , the british have a history of been a german plaything ,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies